2 3 4
bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
7/11/22 8:25 a.m.

In reply to Wessley88 :

I have no issues. I'm sure the tune could be tweaked but so far as overall drive ability. It's fine. I have the catted one and it's still setting a 420 code. I disabled it with Trifecta. Im on the fence about keeping trifecta or going with Vermont Tuning. BNR I have heard nukes these engines. Idk?

garaithon
garaithon Reader
7/11/22 10:08 p.m.

I like this build! We had a TourX for awhile and wanted to mod it, but It had a warranty and such that spoiled the fun. My buddy has a 13 ATS Manual he just replaced the engine in with the "updated" LTG out of a 17. Very interesting platform and engine.

Look forward to more!

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/11/22 10:41 p.m.

Just a thought. Could a 6speed manual from a European Opel be fitted into one of these. Drove a Diesel 6speed manual Opal Kona. I think that's what it was called. It's a Buick Encore over here. About the funnest little crossover I have driven. If they had those over here I'd be very tempted to get one.  

bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
7/13/22 2:54 p.m.

In reply to brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) :

I'm sure I could! I just don't feel it's worth doing. I'm getting older and enjoy the auto!

bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
7/13/22 3:18 p.m.

So. ZZP is awesome. I had received an email about my recent purchase so far as the catch can. They wanted me to know the bracket was mounted backwards. I told them easy fix as that's the way I wanted it. I told them I used in on the Regal and showed them my additional bracket. 

Jokingly I told them as a reward I'd take a heat shield. 

Guy later emailed me and said he couldn't do that so instead he gave me a $35 gift card!  Dope!

I hadn't planned on that so instead o used it to buy more spark plugs and a gapper tool!

My bday is coming the 19th so wife got the tool for me.

Schweet. 

Regalturbo
Regalturbo
5/22/23 9:10 a.m.

In reply to bonylad :

When you reinstalled the stock airbox did you put the air duct back in the front bumper? Or is it really just useless even with stock airbox? 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
5/22/23 9:25 a.m.

I still very much want a manual Regal GS, but every time I talk about it my wife says something to the effect of "your not old enough for a Buick yet".

Regal2LTurbo
Regal2LTurbo New Reader
3/15/24 4:49 a.m.

Greeting Everyone:  Regal2Lturbo here writing from Miami Fl.

I own a silver 2015 Regal 2.0L turbo premium model. I bought the former rental car with 17K miles and now reads 144K. Love the car. I've had to change a bad coil, and three batteries in five yrs and of course brakes and tires. Because of this I consider it a great car.

Recently I got a lean code and had noticed some performance loss. looked under the hood and noticed oil around one of my spark plug and found a leaking brittle PCV pipe. The "T" line that runs across the top of the valve cover. While doing more investigating, I also found an oil puddle on the compressor wheel side of the Turbo and quite large amount of oil in the factory resonator /catch can that is found just before the air filter. Just before this resonator there is the PCV connection which snapped while I was removing to investigate it was very brittle,  I also found oil along the air intake pipe going from the intercooler to the Throttle body and in the throttle body along its butterfly. 

So I picked up a new Valve cover gaskets,  new PCV "T" line and its new PCV valves. and changed those. I cleaned up all the oil and put it back together.  At the time I was unaware of a PCV INTERNAL Valve which I'm guessing is under the valve cover somewhere. chime in if you know.

I put it all back together and drove it for a couple days maybe total of 60 miles, It ran ok not great and found it sluggish at times, so I removed the air intake from the tubo and found oil and at the throttle body again.  I guess Ill be changing that Inner PCV valve soon and looking at a catch can setup. 

Since I snapped the PCV connector, I tried to locate a factory filter setup used but came across many with the same connector broken and decided to ditch the factory setup and pick up a K&N injected setup. I have yet to try it out. 

Future plans: A tune specially for better transmission performance. 

Pros of the Regal T premium... great smooth ride with very nice performance when running good. The premium has all the gizmos I like.   

Cons.. Lack of performance enthusiast following. I'm a retired Mustang 5.0L enthusiast.  I Found no late model Regal FB groups to troubleshooting issues and performance ideas to bounce off of. 

Thanx everyone 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/15/24 9:04 a.m.

Bonylad update request!

also, are all the wagons AWD?  this seems like a potential fun sleeper package with good utility.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
3/16/24 2:31 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

The wagons are a generation newer than this one, I think they started in 2018. All should be AWD. Drove one a few years ago and it felt really quick, really comfortable, and really spacious. Of course, they cost the same now they did 3+ years ago when I was more seriously looking..

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
3/16/24 3:25 p.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

The wagons are a generation newer than this one, I think they started in 2018. All should be AWD. Drove one a few years ago and it felt really quick, really comfortable, and really spacious

My son just bought one of that gen, a 2020, and with 5 of us in the car it's still quick. It surprised us, he looked at a lot of cars including Acuras and decided on the Regal, and he loves it.

Regal2LTurbo
Regal2LTurbo New Reader
3/19/24 12:45 a.m.

In reply to bonylad : That looks amazing.. well done

Regal2LTurbo
Regal2LTurbo New Reader
3/26/24 3:07 a.m.

In reply to bonylad :

How bout sound? 

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners