Dr. Hess MegaDork
Nov. 14, 2017 1:18 p.m.

I get that same "Your browser doesn't allow you to paste that way..." message in Firefox when right-clicking, Paste.

The0retical SuperDork
Nov. 14, 2017 1:22 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

Same here, just started with the update to Firefox v57. Ctrl+v still works though. I had to resort to turning Privacy Badger back on in here due to the full screen takeovers. I know it's an annoying item to track down so I'll turn it back off when you guys nail it down.

Dusterbd13 MegaDork
Nov. 14, 2017 1:41 p.m.

I havent been able to paste text on android or internet explorer 

fasted58 MegaDork
Nov. 14, 2017 2:16 p.m.

No pasting from my PC either. W/ Chrome.

wae Dork
Nov. 14, 2017 3:20 p.m.

Same here.

Since every modern browser has spellcheck and other right-click functionality anyway, is there a need to have an over-developed editor?  I like the link and picture buttons, but we had those before without the take-over of browser functionality.

sleepyhead HalfDork
Nov. 14, 2017 7:48 p.m.

so I just made a post where I tried to downsize the picture to 400x400 (down from 1200x1200) using the image insertion dialogue... and despite it displaying the smaller size in the box, it posted to the board fullsize:

wow that's a big image for no reason

The0retical SuperDork
Nov. 15, 2017 9:08 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

Same problem here with the picture downsizing.

Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
Nov. 15, 2017 9:23 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

Noted. Thanks, guys.

EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
Nov. 17, 2017 4:25 a.m.

Thanks for the heads up Walter yes

Crackers HalfDork
Nov. 17, 2017 7:20 p.m.

I apparently can't paste in any way shape or form in the image uploader. 

I'm so not going to type urls by hand. 

*On an older Android phone. 

I never use my PC, so that's a non-option. 

Edit: Apparently I can't paste at all now, period. I also get the "you can't paste this way" message, but at least I have the option to paste in the editor. Whatever good that does.

sleepyhead HalfDork
Nov. 19, 2017 11:25 a.m.

looks like a new update dropped sometime between 8 and 11 am this morning.  I'm getting some funkiness when quoting.

also, before, when I added an image the "Height" and "Width" boxes auto-populated with the image size, making the resizing... easier.  That's not happening any more.  Also, when I edited the Hspace and Vspace... it didn't do what I expected

Duke MegaDork
Nov. 20, 2017 9:17 a.m.
sleepyhead said:

looks like a new update dropped sometime between 8 and 11 am this morning.  I'm getting some funkiness when quoting.

That time frame lines up with something I'm experiencing:  I can no longer post from my phone via Safari v11.0 in iOS 11.1.1.  The Your Comment input box is blank - no formatting tools - whether tapping in the generic entry box, or after using the Quote or Reply To buttons.  Tapping in the input box fails to bring the onscreen keyboard up.

Apparently works in iOS version of Chrome 62.3202.70.  At least the input box includes the formatting icons and the keyboard pops up.

Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
Nov. 20, 2017 9:50 a.m.

Pasting function should be fixed now. And if you're seeing some funkiness, clear you browser's cache.

Duke, have you tried clearing your cache? We backdated the editor to a slightly older version to fix the pasting issues. Might need to clear the cache to see everything correctly.

Duke MegaDork
Nov. 20, 2017 10:06 a.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

OK, that looks like it solved the issue. Thanks. 

Tim Baxter PowerDork
Nov. 20, 2017 11:20 a.m.

I like the updates a lot.  Very nice.

I really dislike ckeditor, and definitely think you have too many options enabled on it. And I hope you're not writing HTML to your DB by default. And I HATE That it auto-returns two lines.

I'm sure it's on the to-do list, but the social media sharing links are way overdue for an update (or, honestly, you should just bin them. They're useless anyways)

I sound gripe-y, but I'm not. It's a very, very nice update, and I know better than most anyone the challenges involved in rolling something like this out. Good work.

Duke MegaDork
Nov. 20, 2017 11:50 a.m.
Tim Baxter said:

I  HATE That it auto-returns two lines.

And I love that!  Much easier to read in that format.  If you want single-space breaks, just use a soft return (shift-return) instead.

The one thing I don't understand is the "Preview" window in the insert image dialog, since all it ever seems to show is the lorem ipsum filler copy.

22 23 24 25 26 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

Black Friday Deals are Live!

1 hour ago in News

We're announcing the best deals we've ever offered.

Restoration Impossible: Finishing Off the Engine

2 hours ago in Project Cars

We add the air box and air cleaner.

Basic Training: 10 Steps to Faster Laps

1 day ago in Articles

Driving Coach Peter Krause's 10 Steps to Faster Laps

Sporty Swede: The Volvo P1800

4 days ago in Articles

Beautiful Design Meets a Rock-Solid Chassis

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: GSM Dart

6 days ago in News

The vintage racer you never knew you wanted.

Rare Bird: The Swallow Doretti

6 days ago in Articles

The Swallow Doretti May Look and Sound Italian, But It's British

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Beautiful Bugeye

1 week ago in News

Leake Auction Company is selling this 1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite this weekend.

Birthdays

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
VtKYjGuobwi4S2ZBbmI0iFIw7PbWJoTX