ravine
ravine New Reader
8/17/17 1:09 p.m.

SOLD! I have been a lurker here a while, and used the forum to research late model, budget track day cars. After doing my homework I bought this '69 Corvette instead. While the Corvette is very cool, it just is not really fitting well in my small fleet of cars. I listed it for sale on CL, so far with varying results. Mainly, I have been ignoring people's requests to see the car... because it seems like most of the people that want to see it did not actually read the ad. Someone offered to trade me a '99 911 for it, to my surprise my wife suggested that would be a good idea. It seems she would like an enthusiast car as well, but something with some modern amenities. So, below I will post a link to the Craigslist ad. I am considering trades for something like a Boxster, 996 911, 370Z, Miata, M3, BRZ, MR2 Spyder, S2000, manual transmission trades only. I have been asking $16500 for the Corvette, so I am looking for trades with that value in mind. I would consider going up or down as well.

The Corvette is a 350/300hp, 4spd car, no rust beyond minor surface rust underneath, paint is decent, interior is also decent. All major systems are functional, and it is a reliable driver. It is a coupe, with t-tops, and the removable rear window.

I already have another old car, a '67 GTO, so while I love old cars, this is going to be something that hopefully both my wife and I can enjoy, so not interested in any other vintage cars. However, I must add that I would consider vintage guitars and tube amps in trade as well. Especially Fender Jaguars or Jazzmasters.... Maybe she will learn to play guitar one day too...

Here is my ad, I am located just SW of Madison WI. I am happy to add any info requested. The car is not perfect, but it is pretty nice, especially for the price point.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/6263513285.html

trucke
trucke SuperDork
8/17/17 1:20 p.m.

Gorgeous car!

Hotlink

APEowner
APEowner HalfDork
8/17/17 1:44 p.m.

Pretty car!

akylekoz
akylekoz Reader
8/17/17 2:33 p.m.

The parking lot at Road America is one of my favorite places to hang out on the third weekend in July. Near the front straight?

Just a guess.

ravine
ravine New Reader
8/17/17 2:57 p.m.

Thanks, all! Yep, near front straight, couple of the other pics were near downtown. I love the vintage fest, planning to go back for the fall event too!

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
8/18/17 7:41 a.m.

That's a very nice car for a steal of a price. Please post this on the Corvette forum. It will sell in no time.

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
8/18/17 11:41 a.m.

I used to live very close to where you are! (I worked at Epic)

Beautiful car, GLWS. Is it nice enough to consider an auction either BAT or in-person like Mecum?

Also, I'd place an ad in the Classic motorsports magazine. Those ads are basically the first thing I read when I get either GRM or CM in the mail.

ravine
ravine New Reader
8/18/17 7:57 p.m.

maj75, which corvette forum?

Robbie, yeah, we are minutes from Epic, have met a lot of people that have come and gone from there. Thanks, she is a decent driver, certainly not good enough for Mecum, maybe ok for BAT. But from what I have seen on BAT the C3 does not do real well on there. Not sure about a print ad, kind of hoping it goes in a week vs months. Not that I don't like it, but I feel it needs to always be in the garage. A late model I would not feel that way about, probably. So it is kind of in my way. Ebay may be the next place I try.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
8/19/17 1:16 p.m.

In reply to ravine:

Corvetteforum.Com

They have a for sale section that is c3 specific

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
8/20/17 2:24 p.m.

This ^

ravine
ravine New Reader
8/21/17 7:41 a.m.

I actually posted it there a while back, for trade, not for sale, back when I thought I wanted a slightly newer Vette. I probably should repost the ad, not much time lately.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7Yz5ejvlDgS9oIXXXd3LcRmEiudz5Lv3C7XOvi8eoDPHkuVoxUAzkhc4WfJZY4u1