aircooled MegaDork
Dec. 7, 2017 11:47 a.m.

EVIDENCE!!!:  Kindly Ferrari driver swerves to avoid cute bunny in the road and is brutally t-boned by ruthless French car!!

cheeky

BradLTL SuperDork
Dec. 7, 2017 12:59 p.m.
aircooled said:

EVIDENCE!!!:  Kindly Ferrari driver swerves to avoid cute bunny in the road and is brutally t-boned by ruthless French car!!

cheeky

Argo1 SuperDork
Dec. 7, 2017 10:17 p.m.

Those two handed me the race on a silver plater.  I settled down and pulled out a 6 second lead, at which point I started bitching at the advice that the Stig was giving me over the radio.  This resulted in an "unforced error" proving that I can't talk and drive at the same time.  Grass + 911 = Spin.  Pulling back onto the track, the pack had caught up and I became a pinball.   Front suspension damage but still only off pace by about 2 seconds.  Still sort of in the race.  Then I got punted by a Ferrari into Canada Corner and sent off.  (Top tip for racing with the AI:  Clearly signal your intentions and make sure that you force them to go around you on the outside.  That way when there is contact, they spin, you don't.)  When coming back onto the track from this off, Brad and I decided to trade paint.  This caused me more suspension damage and massive aero damage.  My front bumper was barely hanging on.  The car would no longer pull 6th gear - down 17 mph on the straight and about 8 seconds per lap off the pace.   Now to hear Brad's story, he complains about damage to his French pastry.  His car looks perfect.  Not a scratch.  The front of his car must be made out of solid cast iron.  Flips Air, destroys my front end, not a hair out of place on his car.   I'm not kidding.  Watch the video.  Plus Air's flip is pretty spectacular.   One of these days I would like to finish a race with all the fenders still on my car.

BradLTL SuperDork
Dec. 8, 2017 7:49 a.m.
Argo1 said:

His car looks perfect.  Not a scratch.  

I'm vain... I repaired my car twice this race. 

BradLTL SuperDork
Dec. 8, 2017 11:38 a.m.

Replays posted.  Enjoy the three part anthology of one of our worst races.

BradLTL SuperDork
Dec. 11, 2017 8:42 p.m.

Patch is out. 4.6gb plan ahead 

aircooled MegaDork
Dec. 12, 2017 1:46 p.m.
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 – Reduced extra slip allowance at low speeds for better stability.

Hmm, this might be my "autospin" thing.

• Improvements to various controller’s vibration effects.

Maybe Spools issue?

Sadly I see no mention of the setting saving issue.  I find it hard to believe others have not seen this.  It's pretty persistent (if you don't do the special save Brad found)

Argo1 SuperDork
Dec. 12, 2017 10:53 p.m.

The saving issue is fixed.  There are numerous detail fixes in this patch.  The issue that Spool was having with steering feel seems to be fixed as well.  All good so far!  Brad and I ran a session tonight to test it out.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

A Ford Cortina with a Big Secret

5 hours ago in Articles

It's a weapons-grade screamer.

Restoration Impossible: Linking the Transmission to the Engine

6 hours ago in Project Cars

What do you do when you can't find the right clutch alignment tool?

21 Gearhead Gifts for Your Wishlist

10 hours ago in Articles

Not sure what to get that special someone this year?

Pro Driver Jordan Taylor Jumps Behind the Wheel of "Le Monstre"

1 day ago in Articles

Taylor experiences the 1950 Cadillac-powered Le Mans racer.

My Racing Rules

5 days ago in Articles

Like most of us, Classic Motorsports Publisher Tim Suddard is obsessed with cars and racing.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Peter Brock's Ultimate Datsun 510

1 week ago in News

Classic looks and 300 horsepower built by a legend.

Our Preferred Partners

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
1untmtrBBYgHrxHwcZNAvBB48goyRN0J