ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
1/30/17 7:04 p.m.

Witcher 3. Anyone else play? I started a few weeks ago, so I'm still learning. Amazing game, absolutely huge open world that I've only begun to scratch the surface of.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/2/17 3:02 p.m.

Played it. Absolutely insane game. Probably one of the best games I've ever played. Didn't play the first 2, but still managed to be able to figure out was going on. Buy both the DLCs, they are totally worth it. Blood & Wine was in the running for GOTY, in fact. Expect to put ~140 hours in and still not 100% it

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
2/4/17 9:56 a.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
2/4/17 10:03 a.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
2/4/17 10:10 a.m.

I picked up the "complete" version with all of the DLC. I confess that I am easily sidetracked and get lost just wandering around seeing what trouble I can find, so completing the main storyline will take me forever. Without a game guide, I'd be totally clueless. There's a bunch of stuff worth knowing about.

jde
jde HalfDork
2/5/17 10:50 p.m.

Bought it for Xbox One over the holiday sale, but have yet to dig in.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
3/12/17 10:47 p.m.

Picked up the complete edition on a big sale this weekend, finally got into it today. The controls are taking a lot for me to get used to, but it's impressive. After watching someone play witcher 2 and seeing such linear gameplay, this open world is great.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
4/3/17 10:23 a.m.

At the 115 hour mark, I started new game plus, to attempt to catch the achievements I missed the first passthrough. Damn game is picky about certain quests needing to find very specific things to come the achievement. This is also a Gwent play through, trying to get all the cards.

I really really wasn't expecting to like this game this much, and while it's not much different than Skyrim or fallout, the scaling difficulty and the story are more than enough to keep me entertained.

It won't hold me until red dead 2 comes out this fall,but with nicer weather coming it might stretch that far.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
4/3/17 11:08 a.m.

I have it and haven't been able to get addicted to it yet like I did with Fallout 4. It is always fun but for some reason I will play it for a couple hours and then forget about it for a month. I really should try harder to get moving on it. There will be time in about a month or so, it will just have to wait.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mmiLjZCvW3vYTbcKkTftaM5KQF2mzmWDf7mlEGgbtCzciZ45KLBJCt03ae90R5QF