m4ff3w UberDork
Sept. 7, 2017 1:02 p.m.

16th is good.

How about the Chevron in Andice, TX at 0900, head over to Llano for bbq via some backroads, Coopers Old Time opens at 1030.

Chevron is 107 S Patterson Ave in Andice.

pinchvalve MegaDork
Sept. 7, 2017 1:16 p.m.

Funny, I have been looking at that same model.  Glad you are enjoying it! 

m4ff3w UberDork
Sept. 7, 2017 5:11 p.m.

It's AWESOME - though I don't have anything to really compare it against.

Sept. 7, 2017 5:38 p.m.
m4ff3w said:

16th is good.

How about the Chevron in Andice, TX at 0900, head over to Llano for bbq via some backroads, Coopers Old Time opens at 1030.

Chevron is 107 S Patterson Ave in Andice.

Sounds good to me!

m4ff3w UberDork
Sept. 8, 2017 10:17 a.m.

Gahh... I forgot the 16th is when HungaryBill is coming in from Kuwait.  Can't do 16th.

Sept. 8, 2017 4:58 p.m.

Ok, no big deal. That's the good thing about Texas. We have looong riding seasons.

m4ff3w UberDork
Oct. 12, 2017 12:00 p.m.

Le sigh.

I go to the doctor to follow up ankle xrays on the 18th.  Hopefully I find out then when I can ride again.  I miss it so much.

I'm surprised how quickly riding becomes a core part of oneself

m4ff3w UberDork
Oct. 23, 2017 10:19 a.m.

Five weeks to the day and I was able to ride to work this morning.

1-2 shift is uncomfortable, but was better throughout the ride.  I'm sure it won't be any issue after another day or two.

So happy to be back on her.

m4ff3w UberDork
Oct. 24, 2017 10:26 a.m.

I replaced my timing chain tensioner last night - much happier bike now.

I also adjusted the shifter.  It seems my bike's selector rod was way longer than what it was supposed to be (engine came from a r1150rt) at 53mm vs 48mm.  I cut some threads off and now have the appropriate amount of adjustment.  Shifting is much better now, especially with my current issues with dorsiflexion of my ankle.

m4ff3w UberDork
Dec. 6, 2017 12:28 p.m.

It was pretty chilly and wet this morning.  ~40F and more rain than I've ridden in.

My only gloves were summer armored/mesh gloves, so my finger tips were pretty cold.  I do have heated grips and handgaurds/wind deflectors though.

Ran out for lunch with a coworker and bought some waterproof ADV style gauntlet gloves.  Should be a nicer ride home.

P.S.  I love my bike.

m4ff3w UberDork
Dec. 8, 2017 4:24 p.m.

Had to take a ditch last night on the way home to avoid a fishtailing DONK-style car :(

Snow in Austin, yay.

I'm ok, bike is mostly OK, except my windscreen is broken. 

I had to take the Aeroflow windscreen and fairing off.  It was a COLD and WINDY ride into work this morning.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

My Racing Rules

3 days ago in Articles

Like most of us, Classic Motorsports Publisher Tim Suddard is obsessed with cars and racing.

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Peter Brock's Ultimate Datsun 510

5 days ago in News

Classic looks and 300 horsepower built by a legend.

Show Us Your Shop Contest: One Week Left

5 days ago in News

3-car? 1-car? parking lot? We want to see where you mess with your car. Our favorites win some major prizes.

Forgotten Fiberglass

1 week ago in Articles

In the ’50s and ’60s, the resin revolution turned dreamers into car manufacturers.

Restoration Impossible: An Alternator That Looks Like a Generator

1 week ago in Project Cars

Lotus Elans are legendary for electric gremlins.

Tech Tips: Jaguar E-Type

1 week ago in Articles

A sophisticated, achingly beautiful two-seater with Ferrari-like performance at an affordable price.

Our Preferred Partners

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
dgOyjBhRWBmftG9CyRxtETWoYzdUcijr