Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
6/4/15 1:14 p.m.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/4/15 1:31 p.m.

Less funny, but interesting - don't forget to get good armored pants/boots to go with that full face helmet and d3o jacket! Lower extremities are your biggest singe damage area. I wish they specified leg vs foot - because I need new boots and I'd really like not to have to spend a zillion dollars.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
6/4/15 4:20 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

That injury chart is probably skewed by squids that ride in shorts and tank tops. Drunken pirates, with their wenches, who think you need to lock it up and lay it down probably influenced those figures to.

I will admit that body part inventory is the first thing on my post crash checklist.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/4/15 5:31 p.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

The correct terminology is "had to lay'er down" get it right noob

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
6/4/15 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

Who you callin' noob, Sporty rider?!

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
6/5/15 6:29 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

Where is that chart coming from? I'm familiar with the helmet chart and the report it's part of, but I don't recognize that body chart. I'd like to read the study it's from so I can better understand what it's saying.

6/5/15 9:32 a.m.

In reply to foxtrapper:

http://www.mbike.com/news/2010/06/motorcycle-accident-heres-where-youre-most-likely-to-get-injured/

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/5/15 10:04 a.m.

The answer is always Icon Superduty 4.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
6/5/15 10:46 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: In reply to foxtrapper: http://www.mbike.com/news/2010/06/motorcycle-accident-heres-where-youre-most-likely-to-get-injured/

Thanks! That lead me to this, which is the agency that actually published the study.

http://www.maids-study.eu/downloads.html

I'll respect their desire to have people log into their site before downloading the reports. There are several that are fascinatingly detailed.

I'll say it is VERY worthwhile to go through the steps to download the various reports on this web site.

6/5/15 11:04 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: The answer is always Icon Superduty 4.

Those are too low for me. The answer in my case is going to be something like this. Good shin plating and heel protection that allows a bit more stiffness in the sole for off-roading standing up on the pegs. Plus, waterproof and breathable. The downside is ... they are berkeleying expensive.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
6/5/15 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I think I paid around $300 for my s-mx5 alpinestars....and I have a bitchin freebie pair of motox boots. LoL

Skervey
Skervey Reader
6/25/15 4:13 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

61.4% of you head is unprotected in a crash when you wear this-

But that style of helmet you will make you look like a COOL DUDE!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/26/15 12:53 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D0sQ5UpGqb4YeS91c9rPbU9Uzs55QcEazsJnLmMf8UpUyuPvg2IOM8NKJnuOkzLt