1 2
Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
9/20/17 6:56 p.m.

For those who did not make it, which was a lot since we only had like 23 entrants, (and what a strange yet good feeling it is to have "23" following "only") you missed out on awesome.  There was a photographer so I expect to see pics sometime soon-ish.  Course conditions were just about perfect, tacky without being sloppy or dusty.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sOOjw_vYUIw

I have 4.6 gigs of video to sort through, 24 runs recorded on Saturday (got all of my runs plus passenger time with Miles) plus ten recorded on Sunday (eight me driving, two Evan) and a few other videos recorded too like the weird drive through fog on 753 and 138.  4.6gig in total.

There was also a kickass taco bar on Saturday night (with chili, too) and a breakfast bar Sunday morning.  Cityboy here never really appreciated biscuits n' gravy until just then.  That's good eatin'.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
9/21/17 7:08 a.m.

In reply to Knurled :

There were two photographers actually.  The guy with the big lens has them on Smugmug for $, the other for free on Facebook.  I patronized both.  Support your local photographers.

And the taco bar was awesome.  More awesome because it came after the event, not lunchbreak. wink

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
9/21/17 8:53 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Got a link for the pics?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
9/21/17 11:48 a.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

SmugMug Berchak Motorsports

That's the main page, rallycross is one of the sections.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
9/26/17 8:33 a.m.

Any idea when the results from the two dayer are going to be available online?

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/26/17 9:34 a.m.

Whenever I remember to open the laptop when I'm at home and get them uploaded. I'll try to do it soon. 

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/27/17 5:30 p.m.

Results are up now. The timing software has been messing up the year end points so I need to go through and fix them all, they are not posted. 

http://ovr-scca.org/results/rallycross/

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
11/14/17 7:03 a.m.

Did you ever end up having the last event, or did the weather block it?

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
11/14/17 11:38 a.m.

It was cancelled.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
11/14/17 12:13 p.m.

Well heck, there goes Andys hopes of winning SF for the season. Last time i checked he was only four points out. I guess we'll have to try again next year.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
11/14/17 12:33 p.m.

I do want to take a minute to say thanks to you, the bitzers, ed, and everyone that put the events together. Im sure it was a pain, but they were a ton of fun. I got to meet some really cool people, some of which are grm celebrities. I really appreciate the opportunity and look forward to next year, when Beretta domination will reign supreme, and the mighty blue beast will see its enemies driven before him, and hear the lamentations of their women. But now im rambling,  anyway thanks for a fun 2017.

eastside Utah Johnny Montana
eastside Utah Johnny Montana UltraDork
11/14/17 2:38 p.m.

Yeah, had a ton of fun this season, even though I missed out on quite a few events.  I'll see what happens next year. 

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
11/14/17 2:39 p.m.

The season points got all messed up by the timing system, or probably because I don't know how to work it properly. I need to go through all the events manually and update the points and post them.

wae
wae Dork
11/14/17 3:17 p.m.

I'm kind of glad the last event was cancelled.  It's getting hard to find these motor mounts in junkyards!

(That's a lie.  Not the part about the mounts being hard to find.  They are.  But it's totally worth it)

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/14/17 5:52 p.m.
wae said:

I'm kind of glad the last event was cancelled.  It's getting hard to find these motor mounts in junkyards!

You certainly do seem to process them at an alarming rate.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
11/15/17 10:07 a.m.

And I was just elected Rallycross Chair for 2018 last night. Mostly because figuratively/literally no one else wanted it.

I hope to do my best next year.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
11/15/17 10:12 a.m.

Is WOR having any events next year?

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
11/15/17 12:58 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

That's my intention.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
2/1/18 7:45 a.m.
EvanB said:

Results are up now. The timing software has been messing up the year end points so I need to go through and fix them all, they are not posted. 

http://ovr-scca.org/results/rallycross/

I have a question, so I was looking at the results and Andy won the SF class for the year, but it says that you need to be in at least four events to qualify for the trophy. Fair enough, but then I noticed that no one had four events in that class. So I guess my question is if he goes to the banquet Saturday will he get a trophy by default, or will there just not be a trophy handed out for SF? If not that's fine, but if there is I wanted to make sure he knows and has the opportunity to go get it. Thanks.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
2/1/18 7:48 a.m.

If nobody qualifies in the class there is no trophy given out. The awards banquet was last month, which one is saturday?

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
2/1/18 7:59 a.m.

Western Ohio. I guess that's different isn't it? I'm not a smart person.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
2/1/18 8:01 a.m.

Yep, that's different. All events in 2017 were OVR, this year we will be sharing/splitting events with WOR. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
2/1/18 8:08 a.m.

Yeah, I don't believe Ed was scoring any points for WOR in 2017.  I get to figure out how to do it this year.

cghstang
cghstang Dork
2/1/18 9:52 a.m.

wor rallycross rules

Existing rules are already spelled out. You only have to figure out if/what changes you want to make smiley.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zkGtDiPNIozg2SBw6VJd151J0fgfhO3c6GPGagJp9JLur5OTITqkUOFL1lOssUh0