1 2
cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
2/29/16 11:59 a.m.

Let's try this again, but for $500 this time

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/challenge-priced-e30-mine-boston-area-1984-318i-2dr/101903/page1/

It's not running at the moment - fuel pumps are dead. It has been sitting a while, but has well over the ask in parts (LSD, brakes swapped, Condor bushings). I have a bunch of spares in the basement that can go with it too.

Just want it out of my driveway.

samelsey
samelsey
3/1/16 3:00 p.m.

Will it drive to Kansas????

samelsey
samelsey New Reader
3/1/16 3:00 p.m.

Sorry didn't read... Epic fail on the first post. Sorry to get your hopes up I'm just looking for the first daily beater.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
3/2/16 7:01 a.m.

Didn't you just replace the fuel pumps last year?

markwemple
markwemple Dork
3/2/16 8:11 a.m.

That's what it looks like

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
3/2/16 10:10 a.m.

Yep. I did. Not with BMW OEM pumps though. I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it, but I used cheapo airtex pumps and they're not known for longevity. If I can find one for a decent price I'm considering converting it to single pump using one from a late 318.

And no, it won't drive anywhere haha

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/2/16 3:06 p.m.

Bump. I still have this. I still haven't touched it, other than to store parts and tools for other stuff.

Open to (any) offers

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf HalfDork
6/2/16 4:09 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor: So glad this is in Boston and not west-central Indiana. I can't believe this is still available!!

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/2/16 4:30 p.m.

In reply to sirrichardpumpaloaf:

Thanks! I haven't exactly been trying to sell it. But it's frustrating having it sit, and I still need to sell my orange miata as well.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/3/16 1:18 p.m.

I'm (seriously) flexible on what it would take to get this thing out of my driveway. Why does nobody want it? It's an E30! God's Chariot!

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
6/3/16 2:49 p.m.

The want is there for me, but not the means.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/3/16 3:27 p.m.

man...too bad youre in Boston...INCREDIBLE start to a challenge build...GLWS, Free Bump

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/7/16 12:45 p.m.

Bump

Now covered in a fine yellow layer of pollen

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
6/7/16 1:27 p.m.
cmcgregor wrote: Yep. I did. Not with BMW OEM pumps though. I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it, but I used cheapo airtex pumps and they're not known for longevity. If I can find one for a decent price I'm considering converting it to single pump using one from a late 318. And no, it won't drive anywhere haha

If there was no fuel in the tank the pumps can seize up. Hook them up backward/forward for just a few jogs a couple times and it should free them up if that is the issue.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/7/16 2:11 p.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

Interesting. I'll give that a try, thanks

MrLittle
MrLittle Reader
6/7/16 2:15 p.m.

I've sent you a message sir.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/7/16 2:36 p.m.

In reply to MrLittle:

Back at you

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/13/16 2:06 p.m.

Still staring at me every time I walk out the back door.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/15/16 2:40 p.m.

Here's more pictures

E30 Pictures

Some of those parts have been sold, but some of it is still taking up space in the basement.

I do have the whole interior, minus the carpet. The seats are actually in pretty nice shape.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
6/21/16 10:33 a.m.

Here's a working link to the original for sale post

BUY MY CRAP

I crawled under it, the diff is a 3.64 LSD and has a Condor speed shop delrin bushing in it.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
7/5/16 1:53 p.m.

Back from vacation, ready to get rid of this thing.

bluej
bluej UltraDork
7/5/16 1:59 p.m.

just pinged a friend in NH, telling him to buy this for rallyx duties. worth a shot.

golfduke
golfduke Reader
7/5/16 2:34 p.m.

Gah. I have literally no means to get it home, no means to store it, and even less time to fix/run it... yet the desire is strong... crap.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
7/5/16 2:36 p.m.

In reply to golfduke:

Looks like you're less than an hour from me.

I can probably borrow a trailer or arrange transport somehow if you're really interested. Hell, work on it in my driveway until it drives, for all I care. I just don't want to do it myself.

golfduke
golfduke Reader
7/5/16 2:50 p.m.

You're not helping, haha.

Wonder if I could parlay this into a birthday gift for the girlfriend... 'Hey honey, happy birthday. Now you won't have to spend any time with me all winter!'

I'm in Weare, NH now, so depending on you, maybe we could arrange delivery as an option. I don't have a trailer locally to borrow unfortunately.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G9aBIsXYSewFqTdBPANgzmqve7oVNioIj99qjKNiR1UP6MimhsuqdpzEt9sWiq3i