1 2 3 4 5
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/9/12 10:25 a.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: What's the nearest airport? Atlanta?

Nearest is Albany.

Nearest large airport is ATL. About 3 1/2 hours away. Tallahassee is about 2 1/2 hours. Jacksonville is also 3 1/2 hours.

ATL is usually the cheapest. With 2 week advance notice, Albany is usually only about $60 more. Well worth it, by the time you figure the gas, rental car, parking, aggravation, etc.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
7/9/12 10:49 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Dang you Paul. You have no idea how close I've been to buying this car, 3 times now I think. If I buy this, I really do think it could end my marriage. I'm not kidding. I just keep telling myself "if you drive an SVX, it means your gay." That didn't work with me for the miata, but I gotta try anyway. If my greasecar was sold I'd be on it like Mike Rowe on a Ford commercial.
What does it means when you have 3 SVXii and 2 Miatas (plus 5 other Subarus)? I accepted the whole "gay" thing a long time ago. I'm Ok now.

It means you are 5 times gayer than average, yet also 5 times more a lesbian. I'm confused. Do being gay and lesbian cancel each other out or intensify it?

I'm not bashing gays or lesbians, only Paul folks.
I'm half tempted to ask if you'd be up for a trade, the SVX for my top-secret challenge entry.........

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/9/12 10:56 a.m.

I've been attracted to women all my life, so I guess I've always been a lesbian.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/9/12 10:58 a.m.

I can definitely claim to be lesbian! And I've owned several miata.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
7/9/12 12:04 p.m.

Morbid, Jed, and Nocones (and any other central Illinoisans... For the forseable future, I have a relatively flexible schedule given enough notice... I could find a friend and drive it back for you in a weekend, possibly even run it in the challenge too

/pipe dream

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
7/9/12 1:54 p.m.

Can you flat tow these?

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/9/12 2:13 p.m.

Auto trans is already shot in the parts car...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/9/12 2:51 p.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: Can you flat tow these?

No. Supposed to tow them 4 wheels off the ground.

Except, that parts car trans is already shot.

bengro
bengro New Reader
7/9/12 5:48 p.m.

You could pull the front axles and rear drive shaft couldn't you?

I am pretty interested in this. I am trying to form a team to drive down with me. It probably wont work, however if no one steps up in the next 2 weeks, I almost feel obligated to comit to this and make up a dream team as I go.

Also, where do i petition to keep the drag race in case of inclimate weather. I have a feeling if it does rain this thing would clean up really well in auto-x and the drag race.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
7/9/12 6:24 p.m.
bengro wrote: You could pull the front axles and rear drive shaft couldn't you? I am pretty interested in this. I am trying to form a team to drive down with me. It probably wont work, however if no one steps up in the next 2 weeks, I almost feel obligated to comit to this and make up a dream team as I go. Also, where do i petition to keep the drag race in case of inclimate weather. I have a feeling if it does rain this thing would clean up really well in auto-x and the drag race.

I see you are in Peoria Heights... Are you on cicenet?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/9/12 10:13 p.m.

Folks, looks like this car is sold. I guess it will be heading to FL.

Y'all have plum worn me out today (I've answered over 30 emails about this).

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
7/10/12 7:33 a.m.

I'm delighted, and depressed.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav HalfDork
7/10/12 7:50 a.m.

Thank goodness. I had just convinced myself to wait until this weekend to decide yes/no, and someone else took that agonizing decision from me

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/10/12 2:12 p.m.

If everything goes right you will have a chance to see it in Oct.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
7/10/12 3:02 p.m.

Thank GOD. My savings account was tremblin' in fear.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
7/10/12 5:40 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

I must say, each time I come back to this I hope that you will have marked it sold. Remove this temptation from me.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/10/12 7:15 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: Thank GOD. My savings account was tremblin' in fear.

Mine still is, I have to figure out how to get not two but three cars to gainesville now.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/10/12 7:43 p.m.

Oh pshaw.

I already offered to help you move 1 of them!

corytate
corytate Dork
7/10/12 7:50 p.m.

man I remember hating that I couldn't buy this car last time it was for sale, and I still can't.
I have a thing for the svx, and one thats already swapped with a 5 speed is too good. wish I could buy it=/

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
7/10/12 8:20 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote:
Mine still is, I have to figure out how to get not two but three cars to gainesville now.

Let me know if you change your mind. I have the money waiting and have already figured out how to get both of them where they need to be. Even checked flights out yesterday.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/10/12 8:52 p.m.

It will come here first if I ever part with it.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/10/12 8:56 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote:
Spinout007 wrote:
Let me know if you change your mind. I have the money waiting and have already figured out how to get both of them where they need to be. Even checked flights out yesterday.

nope, mind is made up. Even have SWMBO's blessing as long as certain conditions are met.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
7/10/12 9:48 p.m.

Damn I was just a little too slow. I was going to email Paul again this morning but saw his post saying it was sold. I was doing all sorts of checking on things and emailing him all day to get this car. I actually talked to him about three years ago about buying it,and couldn't do it then. I have regretted it ever since.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/10/12 9:58 p.m.

Yeah, I've lusted over this car since October 07 when Paul first told me about it at the hotel Friday night after the challenge. He gave me a price then, and I couldn't come up with it. If there hadn't been so much competition for this car, I prob would have waffled for a bit longer, but I knew I needed to get it done if I was going to do it.

Spinout007
Spinout007 UltraDork
11/15/13 2:32 p.m.

As painful as it is. it's for sale again for 2k. No parts car this time though. Life says I need cash quickly so its only right that the family get first crack at it.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8IWJTyhn2gwAgMtATZGEXgf23jwJlqCEmiSJKm7f6Ic3jvk7lIoAOFhykUju6HDY