1 2
EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/3/15 8:43 a.m.

DMMA (Definitely mine, much affiliation)

84 MK1 GTI
Unknown miles, cluster says 80kish, seller said engine was 120k or so when it was swapped in. Comes with two extra engines and one extra transmission.

Exhaust was rotted after the header and in multiple other places. I took the exhaust off and mocked up a glass pack but haven't finished welding it. The muffler from the Techtonics exhaust is still good.

The fuel hard lines are seeping in one place.

Shifter bushings are sloppy but I bought some more to replace them.

Driver seat is torn but it comes with other seats in good shape.

Other parts included:
Doors, hood, fenders.
Nearly complete extra interior including seats, carpet, dash etc.
Brake rotors, pads, wheel bearings, hubs, other stuff.
Complete extra fuel system and other parts I haven't unpacked.

stan
stan UltraDork
9/3/15 9:18 a.m.

A heck of a deal!

I'm looking at Caddys at the moment. If anyone wants to split some parts (can't use the whole car) I can go in with them on this to make it even cheaper.

Stan

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/3/15 9:25 a.m.

More info:

Tokico shocks and lowering springs.
Poly bushings in front control arms.
New brake booster and master.
Rear drums swapped to disc.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
9/3/15 10:18 a.m.

Stop, you're killing me. NO room and not much $$ right now!!!! Darn it!!!

markwemple
markwemple Dork
9/3/15 10:21 a.m.

Pans: http://www.partsplaceinc.com/products/product-detail.aspx?sku=20633

akylekoz
akylekoz New Reader
9/3/15 10:33 a.m.

Title? So to make it road worthy it needs a floor repair, gas leak and exhaust? Did the disc swap include mastercylinder and prop valve? I would want the car extra seats and maintenance items/go fasters. No need for extra hard parts, I'm thinking winter beater/rallycross car. Any takers for what's left.

Also would need to sell the Volvo 2001 V70 XCSE once the VW is ready to run.

Getting interested.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/3/15 10:44 a.m.

Clear title in my name.

That is pretty much what it needs to be road worthy, it can be driven with the floor in it's current state but I wouldn't rallycross it or drive it in winter before putting a new pan in. The master cylinder was swapped with one for a Jetta GLI that the disc swap came from, I'll have to check on the prop valve.

I can include the mocked up cherry bomb and finish welding it. I still need to weld on a hanger and get a donut gasket for the header flange. It does have an aftermarket header.

Buyer doesn't have to take all the spare parts but the price is the same if you take some or all.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/3/15 10:49 a.m.

I could also possibly be convinced to throw in a tow dolly for additional $400 to aid with transport...

stan
stan UltraDork
9/3/15 11:06 a.m.
akylekoz wrote: Title? So to make it road worthy it needs a floor repair, gas leak and exhaust? Did the disc swap include mastercylinder and prop valve? I would want the car extra seats and maintenance items/go fasters. No need for extra hard parts, I'm thinking winter beater/rallycross car. Any takers for what's left. Also would need to sell the Volvo 2001 V70 XCSE once the VW is ready to run. Getting interested.

I might be interested in the extra/unwanted stuff.

akylekoz
akylekoz New Reader
9/3/15 12:25 p.m.

Make the hurt stop. Does it come with a radio? I noticed the uncut dual knob style. I have to be honest, looking at a 5 speed Xterra this weekend, if that is a flop and SWMBO is down with it. This could happen... I pickup the car hauler tomorrow to bring my dead Volvo home from Detriot. It is in need of the engine side magnetic strip rebuild in the drive by wire throttle ETC system. So the plan would be to run the Volvo one more winter while working on the VW or repair and sell the V70. What is you gut feeling on the VW as a DD/kid hauler. Looks solid enough to me and I always wanted one.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/3/15 12:59 p.m.

There is at least one radio in the spare parts, none installed right now.

I would DD it but I don't have any kids to haul, it seems solid from looking over it but I haven't driven it much.

Knurled
Knurled UltimaDork
9/3/15 1:04 p.m.

I'll offer a screamin' deal on another GTI to whoever buys the parts... it's almost a complete "finish Knurled's GTI" package.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/5/15 12:36 p.m.

Going on craigslist today.

vwsnaps
vwsnaps New Reader
9/7/15 11:23 a.m.

Did i miss location?

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
9/7/15 11:30 a.m.

Columbus, Ohio.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/7/15 1:43 p.m.

Much want.......

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
9/7/15 3:11 p.m.

Evan, I think you could sell those spare seats on poortex for half of what you are Looking for. They are exceedingly hard to find in good shape.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/8/15 7:18 a.m.

I was thinking about that but wasn't sure how much they were worth. I know they are hard to find without rips.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
9/8/15 11:14 a.m.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
10/14/15 12:23 p.m.

Still available. Buying another car Friday and could use the extra money. Still haven't got around to fixing anything.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
10/15/15 7:23 p.m.

where is the rust? doesn't matter - it is still desirable right now. tell me it's sold....

Knurled
Knurled UltimaDork
10/15/15 7:25 p.m.

J-dogg contacted me this morning asking me if one of my Quanta was in remotely drivable condition.

I'm tempted to tell him, I know where this GTI is for sale... Although when he heard that I bought one, his reaction was that I should sell it right away.

Popup stalker video: All but one of your cars is in the images. One of mine ins standing in for one of yours, so it's all good.

(this is exactly why I never have all of my cars in the same place at the same time. Kind of like why he POTUS and VPOTUS never are in the same airplane, only MORE CRITICAL)

kevintpoe
kevintpoe New Reader
10/17/15 11:56 a.m.

Interested to build and use the spares to get a Cabby going. I am headed north to Cbus in two weeks but time may be limited by employment.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
10/19/15 2:00 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: where is the rust? doesn't matter - it is still desirable right now. tell me it's sold....

Not sold, rust is mainly the driver floor.

MrLittle
MrLittle
10/20/15 7:41 a.m.

Very interested. Looking to build a winter beater/rally car. Does it currently run as it sits?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DAHapUXhlI9RV9jJeI7wrUmQ7QAYlGGcCN8Xck68PbwQfmOn7kKbg5STbt4gfjTa