1 2 3
savestheday
savestheday None
8/9/08 8:03 p.m.

What I'm looking to trade for:

I'm looking for a good DD.

VW Rabbits & Civic wagons are my main cars of choice.

Mainly 4 seats, and 40mpg. AC and PS aren't needed

NEW PRICE: $1500

OHHHHH MY GOSH I'm trying to sell my baby!!

Well, I built this one to be my autocross steed and ran it for one season, never really got everything sorted, and just got slammed with my college schooling. And am now selling it to recoup funds.

Chassis: 1984 CRX HF - Was a red 1.3 carbed car, and is now beige and converted to fuel injection. - has some rust, a bit in both rear wheel arches and in the corners of the floorboard. Nothing structural. I'd bet my 1st born child's life on it. - As it sits with 3/4 of a tank of gas it weighs 1520 lbs. The class limit was 1488 lbs

Motor: - d15a3/ew4, 1st gen Si motor - 1500 miles/ 12 hours. Only engine break in and 6 autocrosses - Fresh rebuild. All bearings, gaskets, seals replaced - Head milled .040", 10:1 Compression - Casting flash removed from ports, and bowl area worked over - R1 cam - Stock portmatched IM with a billet aluminum B series throttle body adapter, and matching B16 TB. - In the 100-115whp range, wit usable torque from 3k and up. With what the class allows a 160hp motor could be built for 1.5k or less

Engine management/Gauges: - Megasquirt v2.2 - Wired from scratch with relays and all the correct bits, no stock wiring in the car. As in no working lights and such. The stock wiring will be including in a box if the buyer wants to add the lights back. - Thoroughly tuned using a LC1 wideband (not included), no hiccups anywhere in the map. I would drive it daily if it had lights - Autometer tach and an oil pressure, water temp, voltage, air fuel ratio gauges.

Suspension/Brakes: - Lightspeed racing 27.2 mm front torsion bars, Ground Control 450lb rear springs. From what I've found it's a good autocross setup but i would lower the rear rates for open track use. - Tokico illumina front dampers, and modified rancho adjustable truck shocks in the rear. - BBS 14x5.5 aluminum wheels, with 85% Falken Azeni 215's - New 2nd generation integra front rotors, with third generation integra front calipers. Needless to say it stops quite well.

Odds and ends: - Custom dash - Exterior is nice from ten feet or so, paint could use a wet sanding and it has some cracks in the front plastic fenders and header panel. But surprisingly stuff in this condition would sell for ok money to someone else with a first gen.

This is all from memory but I tried my best to not leave anything out. This would make a good competitive challenge car for someone, with a little more time, that I can't commit, it would be an amazing car. The price is open to negotiations but not a whole lot. I can also transport it for fuel cost. It will be run in the 24hr CCRSCCA autocross at the end of the month if you'd like to see it. Ok, i'm babbling now.

Just send me any questions at gwadams@uncc.edu or call 7046056196

Lastly, here are pictures.

My server's down. So send me an email and i'll send you some photo's

And a video of it's first autox, before it was painted

http://www.youtube.com/v/X4oPt5gXYPE

These are all I have at the moment, but if interested just tell me and I'll take more.

Boy, i'm long winded.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/10/08 12:05 p.m.

Where are you?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/10/08 12:14 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Where are you?

profile says charlotte

email addy says uncc. hmm. university north carolina charlotte?

1slowcrx
1slowcrx Reader
8/11/08 3:36 p.m.

Yes, he's in Charlotte, NC in the UNCC area.

This is a great guy and one heck of a car!! Wish I had the cash!

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/11/08 3:54 p.m.

Yes I am in Charlotte, as Steven confirmed.

Make me an offer guys. keep it classy.

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/11/08 4:27 p.m.

And to sVrex, I can transport the car if it helps.

rustyvw
rustyvw HalfDork
8/11/08 4:33 p.m.

He means it, he hauled an M.G. Midget all the way to Central Virginia for me.

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/12/08 4:24 p.m.

Thanks for the vouch.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/13/08 8:39 a.m.

GREAT deal. Someone please snag this so I don't have to.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/13/08 8:48 a.m.

I want it.. but student loan payments kick in in October..

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/14/08 4:30 p.m.

Price is slightly negotioiable. I may also need B series honda parts (JRSC!!), FC rx7 stuff, bikes, or v8 stuff

skierd
skierd Dork
8/14/08 8:04 p.m.

Interested in a TaG kart?

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/2008-classifieds/2002-kartmini-kart-2004-rotax-jr-motor-2000-firm-m/1549/page1/

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/15/08 5:39 p.m.

Man, I want that but don't know if I want to tow mine out to where you are.

skierd
skierd Dork
8/15/08 6:10 p.m.

Responded to your email.

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/16/08 10:15 a.m.

I don't know if I got one. please resend it to gwadams@uncc.edu if you could.

skierd
skierd Dork
8/16/08 10:23 a.m.

ok, sent another

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
8/16/08 6:48 p.m.

What sort of FC RX-7 parts do you need? I have an entire car that I am parting out. It is an 87 with a slightly streetported Atkins rebuild w/30k on it.

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/17/08 3:29 p.m.

suspension stuff, aftermarket wheels, and V8 stuff.

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/19/08 8:16 p.m.

wehhhhh, I just spent $557.15 on school books.

skierd
skierd Dork
8/19/08 10:16 p.m.

Any luck on more pics yet?

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/20/08 7:54 a.m.

Yes, just shoot me an email at gwadams@uncc.edu and i'll send you a bunch.

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/20/08 4:58 p.m.

up.

savestheday
savestheday New Reader
8/22/08 3:08 p.m.

buy meee!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 New Reader
8/22/08 6:33 p.m.

I have three spoke aftermarket rims for the FC that are in good shape. They are the 4 bolt pattern. I also have brand new Eibach springs. They are the pro kit that is no longer made I think,and they lower the car about 3/4" all around. They are progressive rate springs.

usa4cheer
usa4cheer New Reader
8/24/08 8:07 p.m.

hey i have a granny speed basic kit for v8 swap to rx7 if you want it let me know we could work out some trade or something since your a student and all i never got to use it. you can all 804 389 4074 or text thanks tim might want you car too!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iMJ1ARxj8aAUIHpI5ZGUrEKvrNpHp7GDjXIzBnhkha0yxE67oP43iNo0UFxsld9I