cagedbunny
cagedbunny New Reader
5/26/09 6:56 p.m.

I really hate to do this, but I have one too many vehicles at the moment, and my other Rabbit is getting all my attention. I won't back-burner this car any longer, and it deserves a good home.

This is an unusually clean '84 Rabbit GTi. Silver/blue, original non-sunroof, fixed vent windows, a/c equipped car. Everything worked (except the A/C), and is mostly original.

Body: The car has extremely minimal rust (pictured) on the rear apron, but nowhere else. Floor boards have zero rot, strut towers are mint, windshield area, etc etc. The rust on the rear valence was treated with Rust Bullet over 2 years ago, and hasn't changed since. Rocker panels and pinch welds are even in far above average condition. Very slight dent in the driver's rear by the sidemarker light (pictured.) By far, the nicest structural body I've come across in the last several years.

Interior: Blue dash, center console, and front door panels are still in, but the carpet is gone, and the headliner material is gone (cardboard still intact.) Tar-board removed from the floor board. No back seat, and the front seats are not matching. I have the rear carpeting/hatch covers to go with the car, but currently not installed.

The car has a bunch of new parts, and a few modifications;

-new fuel pump -new fuel distributor -new brake master cylinder -new front pads/rotors -new front wheel bearings -new front hubs -poly control arm bushings -delrin shift bushings (relay shaft) -fairly new stock axle-back exhaust

The motor ran well, but was showing signs of ring wear. I pulled the stock JH to clean the engine bay, and replace the motor with an ABA, then got involved in my current MK1 project. Currently, there is no motor/tranny in the car. All wiring, and the fuel system are 100% intact; all I did was remove the old drivetrain and clean the engine bay. The car will come with everything needed to re-assemble, unless you want less (read on.)

I have a stock JH with a G-Grind cam that is available to go with the car. The motor was rebuilt locally several years ago, and is in fantastic running condition. Can be test-driven in my other GTi before purchase if desired.

Price is dependant on what you want with the car.

The car will likely be sold with a set of 14" BBS RZ's from an E30, as the steel wheels are going to a buddy. I may have a set of Tokico Illuminas w/Ground Control coilovers available to go with the car.

As mentioned above, I have a great running JH with a cam that can go with the car. I also have a rebuilt transmission with a 3.89 final drive, close ratio 1st-4th, .71 5th, and a bolt+shim kit. Also have a lightweight flywheel, and a pair of Black Forest stage 2 motor mounts available. I have everything to make the car running/driving properly, and most everything for the interior sans carpet and matching seats.

I'm open to reasonable offers, and can let the car go from complete down to a bare shell.

As it sits, with stock suspension;

$500

Clean title in hand. Located in Charlotte, NC.

-Adam cagedbunny@gmail.com

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
5/26/09 11:08 p.m.

That is one of the few VWs I'd consider owning, and if it was less than 10 hrs away I'd be on my way to owning it right now. Good luck with the sale!

cagedbunny
cagedbunny New Reader
5/28/09 10:37 a.m.

Thanks! I'm hoping it finds a good home. It really is a retardedly solid car. I feel kinda dumb selling it and keeping the POS I have now actually..

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
5/28/09 11:46 a.m.

I've always wanted a GTI bunny. Good thing I don't have any room.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QC533PJezROUkGZaXJfIwz5dhuBI4ak15GyAzQhwWSefqMK7abQtjh8Ss2RDfHuG