psteav
psteav New Reader
1/21/09 10:04 p.m.

Well, it’s come to this. I’m forcing myself to get rid of my miata and all the parts I’ve collected for it over the past couple years. I need to pay some debts, and having two cars while I’m borrowing money from the government to live just doesn’t make sense. So, here’s what I have. (If anybody wants the Miata, it’ll be up on the classifieds in a couple of weeks).

Hardtop: White, late NA hardtop. The gentleman I bought it from said it was on his ’97. It has both a defroster and a headliner. It’s in good shape structurally, except for a tiny nick taken out of the edge above the driver’s window. It will need paint. I have the side latches to go with it, as well as the storage cart and cover. Probably can’t ship this one, unless you know something I don’t. $900, or I will clean it up, fix the nick, prime and paint it to match your paint code for $1050.

Torsen swap: Complete, hub-to-hub late NA open differential with one-piece halfshafts; and a Type 2 Torsen (diff only) that will have to be installed. I’ll disassemble and ship it if you’d like, but it’s gonna cost a fortune. $700

Ghetto-fabulous Turbo kit: Pretty much everything needed to turbonize a 1.6, with the exception of catback exhaust and an O2 sensor clamp. 2 manifolds, one a mystery log-type with a T3 flange and and external wastegate flange; the other is the eBay OBX special designed for a Mitsu 16g. Two DSM turbos, one in pieces and the other good, one IHI VJ22 off of a Probe/MX-6 in good shape. New OBX stainless 2.5” downpipe, 1.8 injectors, Supra green-top injectors, modified DSM intercooler, Pierburg auxiliary fuel pump, Bipes timing retard, 2 BOVs, lots of piping, clamps, and the like, boost gauge, new six-puck clutch. Probably forgetting some stuff, but I can’t go digging through the garage right at the moment. Not interested in splitting it up yet, but I may if I can’t sell it all as a lot. $750

Trans: 5-speed from a ’97, shifted well, had 140k when I pulled it. No big shinies on the drain plug or in the pain after I drained it. Again, I’d rather not ship, but if you really need to I might. $100

KYB AGX shocks for NA: New, have been sitting on a shelf for awhile. $225

Racing Beat Street Springs: Bought used, look to be in good shape. $80

Jackson Racing Sways, F+R: Bought them used, have taken them out of the box to verify that they are, indeed, sway bars. $80

Daisy Wheels: Some curb rash, need a good cleaning. They have used-up Falken Ziex tires on them, but I believe they all hold air. Will pull the tires and ship them if someone wants me to. Will fit Hondas, Mazda FWD, VW as well. $80

1.8 Flywheel: Nuff said. $35

All parts are in Columbia, MO, 65202, and I’m happy to ship things unless I specify otherwise. I can take pictures if anybody is interested. Email is my screen name at gmail.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun New Reader
1/22/09 12:36 p.m.

I would like to buy the KYB AGX's. Could you either call me 412-974-5695 or send your number to paulpetrun@yahoo.com and I'll call you, I have free longdistance. Thanks Paul

monark192
monark192 New Reader
1/23/09 11:59 a.m.

Wish i had the talent to install the turbo stuff on my $600 Miata. I can see myself going from zero to new engine in 6.2 secs.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x HalfDork
1/23/09 12:12 p.m.
monark192 wrote: Wish i had the talent to install the turbo stuff on my $600 Miata. I can see myself going from zero to new engine in 6.2 secs.

If you read up at www.miata.net you'll be fine. It's really not that hard.

I would suggest reading at www.miataturbo.net but those guys will tear you a new bunghole if you dare to ask a question they answered in 2001. That place is like a Richard Nixon look alike convention. Full of Dicks.

That said there are some very knowledgeable people there. You just have way to dig through way too much crap to find the peanuts of wisdom.

monark192
monark192 New Reader
1/23/09 12:21 p.m.

I've browsed those sites, and been warned about miataturbo.net, before. Still, it is tempting. Might have blown the short term budget by siging up for Miatas at Laguna Seca though.

psteav
psteav New Reader
1/23/09 1:33 p.m.

Really, it's not terribly hard. I'm pretty sure I have everything except an O2 clamp (runs about $50 from olderguy, or $100 from FM), and fab up/buy an exhaust. For that matter, you could probably make some of that money back selling things off you don't need.

Clay
Clay Reader
1/24/09 8:59 a.m.

I e-mailed you about the sway bars but never heard back. Price shipped to 32259?

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
1/24/09 2:32 p.m.

Any way you could e-mail me some pix of the turbo stuff? Send to wgrafddrx8@peoplepc.com

Thanx!!!

psteav
psteav New Reader
1/25/09 6:40 p.m.

hardtop and shocks are spoken for. Clay, I sent you an email just now; I'll try to get pics of the turbo stuff tomorrow morning.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
1/25/09 9:42 p.m.

Any clue on the size of the swaybars, looking for a set for my '94.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
1/26/09 9:56 a.m.

If they're 1.6 bars, they're 7/8" front and 5/8" rear. If they're 1.8, they're 1" front and 5/8" rear. It's a good combo.

psteav
psteav New Reader
1/26/09 10:02 a.m.

Thanks Keith, o fount of always useful Miata trivia. I am not sure which of the two they are. I'll measure later today.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun New Reader
1/29/09 9:47 p.m.

Hey psteav, could you give me an idea when the shocks will be in the mail. Thanks

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
1/31/09 1:46 p.m.

Keep me posted on the bar size...if they're 1.8 size. I'll take em off your hands.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
2/2/09 7:08 p.m.

Emailed.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
2/11/09 4:21 p.m.

When you've got nothing but bits and pieces left and you don't want to hassle with ebay or CL...give me a holler ;).

I'm broke now (always) too, but who knows when I'll sell a project and be ready to put the torsen back in it's original home ;)

Clem

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IDTppDoxLJsJZZw41DoQNWHfqZtaUsp4cj0aigu9UczU87EOkQ2aANwu4siRf7v2