MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
1/14/16 6:15 a.m.

sold

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/14/16 1:57 p.m.

What work needs to be done on it? Enquiring minds want to know...

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
1/14/16 5:46 p.m.

Well it had a drip of oil after running for awhile that would land on the headers. I retorqued the bolts and it seems to have stopped but that could mean the cam tower gasket needs to be replaced soon. After driving for a considerable amount of time the idle would bounce when you came to a stop. I'm pretty sure it's the air idle control valve, which I purchased just haven't had time to do anything with.

I think any other issues would be more of a "what are you going to use it for" if it needs to be fixed or not. Headlights for instance are there and work but if you wanted to daily it or drive it at night they would need to be replaced because they are dim and not aimed very well.

Oh and it doesn't rattle as much because I tightened the exhaust back to the mounts.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
1/15/16 1:33 p.m.

Now that the BMW has moved on I kinda want to buy this, put snow tires on it, go play in the snow, and prep it for track days when summer comes around.

Does the heat work?

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
1/15/16 2:37 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen44:

Heat works fine. The AC has been deleted though.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
1/16/16 2:40 p.m.
MrLittle wrote: In reply to BlueInGreen44: Heat works fine. The AC has been deleted though.

Air conditioning is for the weak... as long as the windows go down

I sent you a PM.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) MegaDork
1/16/16 3:33 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
MrLittle wrote: In reply to BlueInGreen44: Heat works fine. The AC has been deleted though.
Air conditioning is for the weak... as long as the windows go down I sent you a PM.

The roof also lifts out.

However, that's one of the reasons I sold my 951S, the A/C didn't work and it was miserable to drive in the summer traffic.

JWheeler
JWheeler None
1/16/16 3:39 p.m.

I wanted this when it was in Ohio. PM sent

russ_mill
russ_mill New Reader
1/16/16 5:44 p.m.

Damn. I was hoping to see this rally crossing, Mr. Little!

I'll vouch that this is a solid car- I sold it because I didn't have any time either as it was also away at my dads house lol.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/16/16 6:29 p.m.

I'm glad there is interest in this, as I have been thinking about it despite having (hopefully) planned my next purchase!

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
1/16/16 6:57 p.m.
russ_mill wrote: Damn. I was hoping to see this rally crossing, Mr. Little!

If my friend (jwheeler) buys it I'll be sure to borrow it for rallycross at least once.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/16/16 7:15 p.m.

As any good friend should do!

EvanB wrote:
russ_mill wrote: Damn. I was hoping to see this rally crossing, Mr. Little!
If my friend (jwheeler) buys it I'll be sure to borrow it for rallycross at least once.
BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
1/16/16 7:16 p.m.

Rallycross came to mind the first time the car was for sale, especially since Detroit region runs in South Lyon, which is less than 45 minutes away from me, and at I-96 Speedway which is about an hour away. I need to get out there.

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
1/17/16 12:06 p.m.

I've responded to all PMs. The driving I've done in the car has been super fun so I hope if someone else gets if they will have a blast with it.

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
1/17/16 12:08 p.m.

In reply to russ_mill:

I know when it crossed my mind that I decided to sell it I was thinking I'm doing that exact same thing Russ_mill did haha

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
1/17/16 7:46 p.m.
Stefan (Not Bruce) wrote:
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
Air conditioning is for the weak... as long as the windows go down I sent you a PM.
The roof also lifts out. However, that's one of the reasons I sold my 951S, the A/C didn't work and it was miserable to drive in the summer traffic.

I spent an entire summer delivering pizzas in my 944S with the heat stuck on and no a/c... In the South.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
1/18/16 8:49 a.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote:
Stefan (Not Bruce) wrote:
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
The roof also lifts out. However, that's one of the reasons I sold my 951S, the A/C didn't work and it was miserable to drive in the summer traffic.
I spent an entire summer delivering pizzas in my 944S with the heat stuck on and no a/c... In the South.

At least the pizzas would be warm when you got there?

That big glass hatch does have a mighty greenhouse effect.

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
1/23/16 5:38 p.m.

Tis' sold

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cs6MZqS4CA5hQ5IBSxUy5ANwREzifLTYr8asA1he2x5Q4aBtNKc2GWhnso0VT2Dc