fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
5/12/11 12:43 p.m.

Looking to get rid of my '99 Maxima, here's the details off the top of my head.

~177k miles, 5-spd, GXE, cloth interior, no sunroof
Not currently running - will crank all day but doesn't fire up. Fuel pump seems to be OK, replaced FPR and fuel filter with no result. Could be ignition switch, coil pack, misc. engine sensor, who knows. Could be a $10 fix or a $500 fix - I'm not taking the time/effort/expense to find out though. Prior to this the car ran fine and has been my DD for the past 2-3 years while I put over 50k miles on it. Body has a couple small rust spots but is in otherwise OK shape. Front left fender has a dent and it has been in one or two low speed accidents in it's life. Engine appears to have been swapped by the previous owner and it has a constant CEL but again, I've driven this thing daily for the past 50-55k miles and until now it has never let me down. No AC. Averaged 27-30 mpg with mostly highway driving.

Things I've done to it in the past 2-3 years:
+ New tires
+ All new suspension (Tokico Blues & Tokico lowering springs) linky
+ New front LCA's with poly bushings, inner & outer tie rods, and sway bar end links
+ New rear calipers and new rotors & pads all around, new brake fluid as well
+ Regular oil changes
+ Coolant flush
+ New battery and alternator
+ New air filter, FPR, fuel filter, PCV valve
+ New stock cat-back exhaust
+ New front windshield

As I think of more I'll edit this post and throw it in.

Would like to get $2k but that might be a bit optimistic so feel free to make a reasonable offer, worst I can do is say no thanks. Will also be throwing on C-list in the next day or two.

Thanks, Ed

psteav
psteav Reader
5/15/11 9:21 a.m.

What's the total mileage? When you say "No A/C", I'm guessing you mean nonfunctional, but all the parts are there?

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
5/15/11 1:16 p.m.

My original guess was a little high, odo currently reads 173,573. I used to have the compressor (previous owner had removed it) but I think it got thrown out last year when cleaning the garage.

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
5/25/11 12:26 p.m.

Finally got it on CL. Will take $1000-$1500 - I put that much just into the suspension not too long ago!

EDIT - see current link below.

Also forgot to mention it's got an aftermarket y-pipe and some kind of questionable DIY subframe connectors that the previous owner had welded in. They work though, jack up one corner and you can get 3 wheels in the air pretty easily!

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
5/25/11 3:52 p.m.

heck of a deal. surprised you're not trying to sort out the problem though. that seems like one of those things where you spend a little and it's worth a lot in this case.

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
5/25/11 9:28 p.m.

ehh, time to move on.

If anyone is a Org member feel free to cross post this!

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
5/31/11 12:19 p.m.

Bump. $1000 takes her. I spent almost $1500 on the suspension overhaul not too long ago. She's work at least $1k in parts!

mtn
mtn SuperDork
5/31/11 12:43 p.m.

If it were running I'd be all over this.

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
6/6/11 11:32 a.m.

$500 for a GRM'er - she needs to go the replacement is getting picked up tomorrow.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/2424415612.html

dsycks
dsycks Reader
6/23/11 12:26 p.m.

Msg sent. Still have it? If so you don't anymore.

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
6/23/11 12:52 p.m.

Sorry, it sat around long enough and I ended up junking it out - would have made a nice Lemons car with the suspension it had on it...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KuUcGnas5GOVC90A1fWaVfxLoVLzPWcVYZF8OYGfjy0HV7TfN1wrCU5WgftrhtG1