Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
7/10/10 10:15 a.m.

Our Lemons team (Schumacher Taxi) needs to clear out some space, and we've decided we're not going to build up a second MR2. I bought this car from another Lemons team (Police Brutality) that decided it was a little too mainstream.

-1988 MR2 N/A -T-tops - great shape, no leaks. -5-speed -Red, paint is worn, but it's relatively clean for an '88 (i.e., it's not a total rust bucket), slight body damage to one front corner. Spoiler was removed. -The engine was supposedly rebuilt and slightly worked (head work, mild cam) by the person the other Lemons guy bought it from. The car pulls really nicely, and purrs. The engine bay is also pretty clean. -The interior is stripped except for the instrument cluster, seats (cloth, in awesome shape), and seatbelts. Glass is all there in good shape; manual windows work. All lights work. It's still street legal; even has a cat. -It looks like it's been lowered, but I've got no details on the suspension specs.

This would be a great track rat or basis for Lemons or the Challenge. I'm not going to be able to use it the way it should be used, so come and get it.

We also have an MR2 parts car you can have the interior bits from. I think RobL is willing to let you have them with the red car but you have to pull them.

pics on request. reply here or email michaeljburg --at-- g m a i l dot com.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/10/10 10:47 a.m.

Pics! Interested if it'll make the drive back to Indy, though i'm not real psyched about doing that drive AGAIN for the second time in 2 months.

RobL
RobL Reader
7/10/10 11:07 a.m.

It should make it to indy - but we have no personal experience with driving it any type of distance.

http://schumachertaxiservice.com/mr2fix/

They are the red car at the bottom of the page.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/10/10 11:54 a.m.

Oh my. That is awesome. The graphic on the hood.

How soon do you guys need to move it?

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
7/10/10 2:13 p.m.

it's in Rob's driveway, so it's his timeline. but we will be putting the money towards our current Lemons build.

BTW, those pics are from when we picked it up, although it doesn't look substantially different.

RobL
RobL Reader
7/10/10 2:26 p.m.

Well, I need to talk to Buzz and one other guy. But... Are you going to take the car as it is or are you going to take the interior bits from the other car? I'm asking because I am headed out to Toledo next weekend (be there Fri-Sun) and I might be able to arrange to have the car (as is) transported out with me.

Otherwise - I'd like it sold as soon as is convenient.

shoot me and buzz an email and we can get this moving rob_leone (at) verizon . net

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/10/10 9:48 p.m.

I'll email you from work when i get back into the office.

RobL
RobL Reader
7/12/10 10:41 a.m.

BUMP - Still for sale.

FInksta_G
FInksta_G New Reader
7/12/10 7:49 p.m.

it's a little more than I have to spend, plus I just bought a non-refundable plane ticket to get back home next month so I'd have to eat that as well, but it seems to cool to ignore. If it's still around by the end of July/beginning of August (and you guys convince me driving it down to Florida isn't crazy) I may just be your buyer. I'll keep my eye on the thread and in touch.

Klayfish
Klayfish New Reader
7/15/10 11:24 a.m.

Rob, You're killing me!!! You know how much I love those MR2s.... Just got back from vacation yesterday and catching up on the forum. Soooooo tempting.....

Free bump.

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
8/1/10 5:35 p.m.

still available.

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
9/17/10 3:01 p.m.

Still here. $700/OBO

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
10/16/10 10:38 a.m.

still here. gotta go!

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
10/17/10 1:55 p.m.

SOLD.

Sorrybaby
Sorrybaby
11/26/10 9:08 p.m.

In WOW Gold: Cataclysm, you'll encounter these Aion Gold challenges and more in the gnomes' new starting WOW Leveling (levels 1-5) experience. Keep a good head on your shoulders and ingenuity in your pocket and your contributions will help Buy WOW Gold secure a proper home for your fellow gnomes.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cPb2UoOSis0xIX6PwRP1gCTrpp6SmSuo9iSlbpvYBIhBxK8EBkUWFpOSHrKgdhr7