cutter67
cutter67 New Reader
10/14/12 4:25 p.m.

i am relisting this car . i got emails with offers but no one came or returned the emails when i excepted the offer. i went over car. i got her running and went thru everything. i made videos of the car.

engine runs good it is a 1600 dual port motor it runs smooth and idles nice. i changed the oil before i started and ran it on a 5 gal gas can with electric fuel pump. the motor is dry with no oil leaks even the push rod tubes do not leak.

it needs a master for the brakes. i pulled all wheels and drums shoes, springs and drums look really good. the wheel cyclinders are dry and show no leaks. i repacked the front wheel bearings before reinstalling the front drums and freed all the bleeders. i did pull the master out of car all brake lines are perfect no scale or rust on them.

all ball joints, tie rods and shocks are in good working order. i greased all fittings

all lights work, turn, brake, running lights. the headlights do not raise i dont know if its because of motor or switch but 2 new motors come with car and i benched checked both and they work

the fuel tank will need cleaned it does have flaking in it.

contact mark@ctsinc.org

car is located in Pittsburgh Pa 15216

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIx_Ex3wmIM&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyq2aAvcqA&feature=channel&list=UL

OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
10/14/12 7:29 p.m.

Thankfully you are too far for me to go get a car currently. Well thankful according to my wife, not so much for you or me.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/26/13 8:57 a.m.

ok i sold this car to a forum member here. he paid for car and said he would pick it up in four weeks. guess what never showed and the car is taking up place. the phone number he had is disconnected now and i didnt save the emails from him. i still have title for car. but i need it gone. i got the fuel tank boiled out and cleaned for him he said he had no one to do it but would pay for it. i want $1,100.00 for the car. i will refund his money in full if he ever shows back up

Spinout007
Spinout007 SuperDork
3/26/13 9:03 a.m.

We need an ignore button for the classified section. This man posts up too much cool E36 M3. That thing rocks!

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
3/26/13 9:15 a.m.

Dude, were you born and raised in Pittsburgh?

I've got family out there but need a better daily driver before I think about a cool project such as this.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non New Reader
3/26/13 9:19 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote: We need an ignore button for the classified section. This man posts up too much cool E36 M3. That thing rocks!

I am very afraid of this guy. My wife will divorce me if I ever meet him for sure.

petegossett
petegossett UberDork
3/26/13 9:21 a.m.

How's the pan, any rust? What year? Is it standard Beelte or Super?

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/26/13 9:31 a.m.

In reply to petegossett:

it is titled as a 1977 and no rust and they built these on a standard beetle pan that does not need cut in anyway

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
3/26/13 9:32 a.m.

So what does it still need to be drivable? Just the master cylinder? What's it titled as?

Just picked up a Bradley GT 1 for my Christmas display. I keep staring at it thinking "Damn, I wish it was drivable..."

EDIT: Sorry, one more question. Does it have any seatbelts?

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/26/13 9:42 a.m.

In reply to Klayfish:

its titled as a 1977 bradley but its a reconstructed title

1) it needs the fuel tank reinstalled it is like brand new

2). it needs a master cylinder and i would flush the brake system and i would figure on some wheel cylinders but they maybe ok

3). i would do a tune up but motor runs good right now

4). headlight motor or switch have two spare motors for it that work and comes with car

5). just go thru the car. this thing is very, very basic

6). seats need installed and i would give a choice of three different sets

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop New Reader
3/26/13 9:46 a.m.

Will the doors close with those seats in there?

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/26/13 9:49 a.m.

In reply to Sil80redtop:

yes they will

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
3/26/13 9:51 a.m.

Any seatbelts in it, can't tell from the photos.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/26/13 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Klayfish:

no seatbelts but i would throw in a set of black lap belts if that was a deal breaker. that the buyer would have to mount

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
4/5/13 10:25 a.m.

i really need this thing out of the garage have to bring the Triumph Herald home in the next two weeks and need the shop area to put it in. this would make a great project for someone

slefain
slefain UltraDork
4/5/13 12:49 p.m.

I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

I missed out on one of these years ago because I lowballed the guy. It was a fair price and I should have just paid him and shut up.

Thank you for being so far away from Atlanta or else I'd be trying to explain car #8 to my wife.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/5/13 2:43 p.m.

As much as I wish I could, theres no way the boss would authorize the purchase order...

But to help motivate any potential buyers lingering on the fence, heres a clip to show just how easy these are to work on...

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/5/13 3:42 p.m.

I am thankfully without a trailer right now or I would be adding to my project hell instead of reducing it.

I'll talk it up to the local VW club someone has to want this thing.

keithj
keithj New Reader
4/5/13 5:56 p.m.

There was a saweet one that just sold on ebay with a 12a or 13b rotary in it. Good luck with the sale.

petegossett
petegossett UberDork
4/5/13 8:10 p.m.

It's occasions such as this when I really wish we had - and am simultaneously thankful we don't have - a GRM cross-country relay team, because if it didn't cost nearly half the purchase price in gas for me to go fetch this thing I'd be damn tempted!!!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy SuperDork
4/5/13 10:22 p.m.

This car is awesome. EJ25 swap= instant Challenge material.

ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
4/6/13 9:43 a.m.
petegossett wrote: It's occasions such as this when I really wish we had - and am simultaneously thankful we don't have - a GRM cross-country relay team, because if it didn't cost nearly half the purchase price in gas for me to go fetch this thing I'd be damn tempted!!!

I'm in for a 500 km leg from Kingston in any direction . . .

Spinout007
Spinout007 SuperDork
4/6/13 3:57 p.m.

I really want this thing for some reason.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/6/13 6:44 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: It will be in maryand soon... I'm off to look at Subaru engines

FTFY

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy SuperDork
4/6/13 10:00 p.m.

See? He gets it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tweWimncbqhJivkAIHI9p1sGZrOUu4dusWM2AEMk3Eq7E9vS2gvJIK7bG0M9fS2c