sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
2/6/16 5:42 p.m.

Trying to do some spring cleaning.

I have had this bike for several years, but need to free up space.

It's complete, and I got it running when I first acquired it. Rode it around the neighborhood, but after a few rides it lost spark and has not been touched since.

When it was running it drove, stopped, idled just fine, but it is a project. Carb leaks due to stripped boss, and it makes a clacking sound in 2nd gear, all other gears fine. It was caught on fire a long time ago and the cable sheathes are melted/singed, but it was ridden for many years that way - no functional issue. Not really other evidence of the fire - the plastic covers were replaced after the incident, and the metal parts weren't affected. I have the original VA title, from the first owner in the late 70's or early 80's. Never transferred - it was a co-workers dirt bike when he was a kid.

These are actually worth pretty good money when fixed up. Would like to get $100 for this one. Comes with a gasket set and 2 qts new oil.

I'm in Charlotte, reply or PM if interested. I can get better pics if needed.

Mine: [/URL]" />

Nicer example: [URL=http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/sevenracer52/media/Trail%2090/Honda%20Trail%2090.jpg.html][/URL]

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
2/6/16 5:43 p.m.

In reply to sevenracer:

Pic didn't work first time: [URL=http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/sevenracer52/media/Trail%2090/IMG_2102.jpg.html][/URL]

markwemple
markwemple Dork
2/6/16 7:12 p.m.

Man, i wish you were closer. This is a no brainer.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
2/6/16 8:52 p.m.

That's super cool. If I had a garage I would snag this thing.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
2/6/16 9:07 p.m.

I wish I was headed that way this week.

:/

markwemple
markwemple Dork
2/7/16 8:31 a.m.

Sevenracer, if you're headed any where near dc/baltimore in the near future, I'll take it.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
2/7/16 9:21 a.m.

That is very tempting. Only 480 miles each way...

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
2/7/16 1:01 p.m.
EvanB wrote: That is very tempting. Only 480 miles each way...

Epic Fly and Drive (ala Toyman)

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/7/16 3:51 p.m.

That would be epic!

sevenracer wrote:
EvanB wrote: That is very tempting. Only 480 miles each way...
Epic Fly and Drive (ala Toyman)
markwemple
markwemple Dork
2/7/16 4:09 p.m.

It'd be a trip just finding a way home only using secondary roads

jcrosby
jcrosby New Reader
2/7/16 6:17 p.m.

My better half made a better decision, so I whole-heartedly support anyone ELSE who wants to drive it home with a gopro on their helmet

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf Reader
2/7/16 8:07 p.m.

Awesome reason for a road trip.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
2/7/16 9:22 p.m.

Pm sent.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
2/8/16 9:53 a.m.

Also found an ATC125M locally for cheap that could donate the 125cc engine and retain the dual range gearbox. Hmm...

Enyar
Enyar Dork
2/8/16 10:26 a.m.
EvanB wrote: Also found an ATC125M locally for cheap that could donate the 125cc engine and retain the dual range gearbox. Hmm...

Care to explain? I've heard of this swap but I didn't know what would be better...that or a Lifan. I have a ST-90.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
2/8/16 10:45 a.m.

I have only done some quick preliminary research. It looks like the Lifan swap works well but the dual range transmission can not be used even though the extra power makes it unnecessary. I think the dual range is a cool feature and it appears that the ATC125 engine uses the same transmission and the whole engine can be swapped in the 90.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FTdspcrzrPzL5JYmxVlumzMkA6QFPAN24Vys7PaV7INZg9iyiVSuLR7vRUoAyMwf