Where's the drooling smiley?

Woody
Woody SuperDork
2/9/10 2:21 p.m.

Wow.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
2/9/10 2:51 p.m.

Really? REALLY!? WTF. I just plunked down almost 2x that on a drivetrain for my racecar. I could have bought that and covered the fuel to take my enclosed trailer 1/2 way across the country and back and still had money left over to put fancy rubber on that.

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN my timing is the suck.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
2/9/10 2:55 p.m.

Anyone need a kidney?

Ian F
Ian F Dork
2/9/10 3:20 p.m.

sonofamudderfudger....

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
2/9/10 3:24 p.m.

Paging Mr. Joshua.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
2/9/10 3:42 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: Paging Mr. Joshua.

I planted all the seeds for one of these in the driveway a few years ago, just waiting for them to sprout.

dyintorace
dyintorace Dork
2/9/10 3:48 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: I planted all the seeds for one of these in the driveway a few years ago, just waiting for them to sprout.

Hope springs eternal.

To the OP, that is an impressive build!

nocones
nocones Reader
2/9/10 4:16 p.m.

Email Sent about the car.

I'm very interested in the car. I have approval from the financiers :D just need to work out details/ find out if you still have it.

Daniel

Toyman01
Toyman01 Dork
2/9/10 5:34 p.m.

Nice build. If I didn't already have one I would be interested.

Quick question. What brand and size radiator is that. I'm running a std first gen radiator and am looking for more cooling.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Reader
2/9/10 7:12 p.m.

WOW

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
2/10/10 9:28 a.m.

that was built by cfabros, wasn't it? iirc, that pic is at an AROC autocross at washtenaw CC? if so, i saw his V8 fiero up close and that guy builds nice stuff!

RossD
RossD Dork
2/10/10 9:55 a.m.

In reply to nocones:

Daniel, is our block getting another car?

nocones
nocones Reader
2/10/10 10:00 a.m.

It is if you help me Move it.

I'm looking at options to get it here as we speak. I'm planing to go over Saturday and Pay for it, I'd like to drag it back with me.. but no truck.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
2/10/10 12:26 p.m.

Take a strong friend and a toolbox and swap the other motor in and drive it home. Swap really shouldn't take more than 3 hours start to finish.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
2/10/10 12:27 p.m.

Take a strong friend and a toolbox and swap the other motor in and drive it home. Swap really shouldn't take more than 3 hours start to finish.

nocones
nocones Reader
2/11/10 2:59 p.m.

Well I've decided to pass on this one. The logistics of getting it here, and some other factors are making me just concentrate on current projects. I got some additional pictures of the car's interior from the seller and it looks awesome. My decision to pass on the car has nothing to do with the vehicle. It is Cfabros' Car. Talking to him he sounds like a great guy, hopeful one of you crazies jumps on this and picks it up.

Daniel

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
2/11/10 9:32 p.m.

Dude I was hoping this would get snapped up, I just don't need another one, aaargh

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
2/11/10 9:48 p.m.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
2/11/10 10:14 p.m.

I am breathing into a bag right now. Do you have any idea how over-leveraged I am? Would you dangle Bob Costas in front of David Duchovny? What is wrong with you people?

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
2/11/10 10:28 p.m.

Same issue here Walter, and I am 80 miles away... and have access to a trailer... and just found an airplane hanger for cheap.

I must go to bed now, this isn't fair.

grpb
grpb New Reader
2/12/10 6:30 a.m.

Thanks everyone, I added an update.

Dan, nice to talk to you and your MG looks awesome, look forward to you finishing it up and running it.

AngryCorvair, yes, that's me, that pic is from The Palace, I was running the Fiero that event and some other guys were running the Spitfire.

All, this is a good deal and I am thinking of getting it going again myself and trying to sell it for more, so if you have serious interest act soon, it's at the front of my to-do list now, this is posted nowhere else on the web. If it doesn't sell very soon I will go through it myself and the price will be very different.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
2/12/10 7:34 p.m.

Arg! I resisted as long as I could. But I finally sent you an email.

If this thing really shows up in my driveway I'm going to be in so much trouble.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/12/10 10:07 p.m.

do want. I know a guy with a rotary 914...it's rad.

a spit would be radder.

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
2/13/10 3:36 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Arg! I resisted as long as I could. But I finally sent you an email. If this thing really shows up in my driveway I'm going to be in so much trouble.

Gah!!! And if you get it and get in trouble, it'll be that much closer to me.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dz5MqlxsWKXwPPDk8i6BVzxBgGgfjEsc0uIgtw8LT1RgJmMCHAdg3vUa5W0DWR59