Datsun
Datsun New Reader
5/30/14 3:43 p.m.

It is with a heavy heart I offer up my favorite bike, in order to finance a Merkur addiction.

Trades welcome, it's the Miata of bikes, I'd like a Miata of cars.

Known issues are chain, rideable, but not advisable, tires, needs new ones, rear brake lever, it's there but no lil peg.

Bike rides, revs, stops, turns, it does everything it is supposed to.

No rear seat, or plastics, it's very naked, with a newer style sv tail light. Loud, has an aftermarket pipe, viper, and I was told by po it's been rejetted for said pipe. Aftermarket bars, just regular old straight drag bars.
19,000ish miles. I don't wheelie or ride aggressively, I've put on 400 miles at most on this last season.

Price is 2000obo.

Located in MI. Can deliver. http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/4416067598.html

I don't want to sell it for 1200 to some kid with bad grammar. I understand it's a sort of high price, but I think it's pretty reasonable for an 11 second 50 mpg vehicle. alexkrgrm@gmail.

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/2/14 1:42 p.m.

Somebody wants one, and I want Merkur parts.

The chain has the amount of play that would recommend it's servicing.

It's a good bike, I'm just not inclined to pay 100 bucks for a brake pedal or a Chinese rear set when my Merkur is needing things and I can't daily a one seater bike.

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/4/14 4:35 p.m.

Ugh, I need my tow vehicle back running and driving around.

I need to pick up a Merkur in Florida.
I need to not trade this for a knocking Miata.

Price drop to 1700 local or 1500 for the intrepid soul who cares to venture out and show me an out of state license, or 1800 delivered.

I drove it this morning. It's totally worth it and I think it's honestly quite a steal with people trying to sell gsxf 600's of an older vintage for a higher price on local cl.

Please let me feel good about getting rid of it for significantly less than what I paid for it last year.

Edit: if you send me a phone num that receives video or an email address I will send you a video of it running last night. Vroom, vroom!

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/4/14 11:34 p.m.

Shame the plastics aren't there, that's probably what's hurting you.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
6/5/14 11:29 a.m.

I already have way too many bikes, but send me a video.

cj6cj8

AT gmail d0t c0m

92dxman
92dxman Dork
6/5/14 12:23 p.m.

Thats a good looking stripped down bike. Add some hard cases to it and ride.

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/5/14 4:43 p.m.

In reply to Cooter: I have sent a video, or rather attempted to but the server is saying no or something so I'll try again when the internet figures it out.

In reply to 92dxman: Thank you!

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/5/14 4:45 p.m.

In reply to yamaha: You are very right, but I had thought the appeal of these was the naked style...

But people have been asking...

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/5/14 8:43 p.m.

In reply to Datsun:

There's a difference between naked and not naked when looking at the naked rear subframe.

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/8/14 3:51 a.m.

In reply to yamaha: True, I think it looks really neat though! Skeleton is the old new naked now!

If it had a flat seat to the back and it was completely black...

I wanna keep it again now... Need Merkur money!

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/8/14 3:58 a.m.

I'm at a point of too many projects, and my daily is too wacky of a car and I need an ok daily and money for my race car.

I'm preaching to the choir aren't I?

So my single self says bye toys.. My tow rig needs an engine too. Have pity!

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/12/14 10:36 p.m.

1400 dollars and that's with a case of Dragons Milk and the lowest I could ever let it go for. Priorities. Need cash for reunification with a childhood car.

I need a daily driver. Clear title. Someone needs a dirt cheap SV.

Runs and drives still. Still loud.

bluej
bluej SuperDork
6/12/14 10:52 p.m.

If you were in the mid-atlantic, we'd be emailing. MI is just too far.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
6/13/14 5:40 a.m.

Where in MI? I am heading to London, ON in a month or so to get my Delica, and could swing through to get the bike. I bet it would fit in the rear with the seat removed.

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/13/14 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605: Right off of I75 north of Pontiac.

Delica? do tell...

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/13/14 10:47 a.m.

If that's diesel Celica, or like a d series powered Celica, or like, a Celica with a duramax in it....

Either way. I could tell you that it might fit and I could measure anything you'd need to be sure!

Measure twice ya know!

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
6/13/14 10:58 a.m.

In reply to Datsun:

This is a Delica:

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
6/13/14 5:09 p.m.

This is my Delica:

Datsun
Datsun New Reader
6/14/14 12:40 p.m.

Ahh, ok, that will be a better fit.

I was like, I know the grm guy's are crazy, but are they that crazy?

She's beautiful! :D hmmm, I have some learning to do again!

Morbid
Morbid Reader
6/14/14 1:20 p.m.

Hmmmmm, I have a feeling the husband has been hoping I wouldn't see this...

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
6/16/14 3:37 p.m.

I have been tempted at wanting a bike recently and that one is my style. However I am closing on a house otherwise I'd be VERY interested right now...

The irony is that I am moving to waterford...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZyOmZ5IcjhVUSdGiW018EwmTtIcwkguKmkaCFBvRkHkzIsfSUnUJrBmuiMQovNnO