1 2 3
barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/25/20 11:06 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

Mine too. Only thing that would have been better would have been more time to ride. 

Up next is a bath and a final checkup on all the little things, then gonna go some places and take some pictures. Should be fun. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/27/20 5:26 p.m.

Me: *checks tires

Tires: dot 1205

Me: send it, just stay close to home and don't go too fast. 

Starting to think this might get expensive. I'm up to $1.50/cc with the repairs. Tires will push that to $2.25. Then lights, and paint?, chain, fork seals, stuff. 
Screw it. I'm going for a ride. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/27/20 7:47 p.m.

I found a thing a couple weeks ago while riding with #1. Not half a mile from my house if you're a bird.

It appears to be an old kiln or oven, no idea how old  the area was settled 160 or so years ago but there is also an old native site about a mile away and I'm not sure how long ago it was inhabited. Not quite big enough to lay in and the top is open about 5' across. For scale, this is my bike at about the same distance standing in the same spot:

Then more exploring. I had one down, but it was very slow and I have no blood to show and the bruise is not yet photo worthy. 
Kept riding. 

About an hour and half a gallon later I'm home and feel good. I need to research and see what I need to get signals and a brake light going so I can get the thing street legal and go for the long rides. And I plan to build a rack for water and fuel duty. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/28/20 6:35 p.m.

The bruise from yesterday's down. This was wearing jeans, low speed but I cam down pretty hard and the bike landed on the inside of my right knee. Said right knee is bad already from skateboarding. 

If you're gonna ride, you're gonna crash. Wear a helmet. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
5/2/20 1:10 a.m.

Bruise after 5 days:

it feels better though it looks much worse. 

I changed the oil tonight. It was still full of shiny stuff. I'm thinking it'll need a few flushes to get that all out. I also tightened the chain. It needs replaced but I have a ride tomorrow am so I'll just go easy on it for now. I'm thinking I want a red chain? Or maybe blue. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/2/20 6:25 a.m.

That bruise is gnarly. Now is a good time to have a running dirt bike for playing. Keep playing. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
5/2/20 12:29 p.m.

Went out this morning with my old boss for a couple hours of exploring. Found a friend. Thought he was a rock, glad I try to avoid rocks. 

My old boss is a major dirt bike guy. Does desert races and all. His much fancier bike said we went 26 miles. My knee hurts. Had fun. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
5/2/20 12:47 p.m.

Also got more pics of the oven I found. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
5/16/20 10:16 p.m.

Went for another ride tonight since I have a headlight and my knee has been feeling better. Found some new to me trails and hills. Went town a couple hills that I wouldn't dare try to go up. Some small jumps, just enough to feel the wheels hit the ground again. I should really get my wife's action cam out and see about filming some trails. Still need a new chain and these tires are super questionable. But I keep it under 35 and keep my phone on me. 

Dirtbikes>streetbikes. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/14/20 12:05 a.m.

When the mustang sells I'm going to attempt to get this thing street legal, and step one is tires. Anyone have recommendations for cheap road legal knobbies? My favorite thing to do is climb hills so I'd like something rather aggressive. Longevity isn't super high on the list. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/14/20 8:10 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Shinko 805 is the ticket locally. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
7/17/23 8:53 p.m.

Well, nearly three years since an update. Y'all know how bad gas smells after three years?

Also, can report that denim is not a UV resistant upholstery material. 
This is the view from my in-laws kitchen window for the last three years  

The tires and chain are even worse than when I parked it. 

In this picture are two projects. I only have budget to fix one of them right now because poor impulse control meets music instrument sales. The truck is far more useful, but also far more usable in its current state. It should have the steering and front suspension rebuilt, and borderline needs a new trans, but it very much runs and drives. The bike needs fluids and chain/sprockets and tires before it can be ridden at all, and grips. Also the clutch is going, and fork seals. I don't have the tools for tires or clutch, and I've never done fork seals. 

Decisions. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
7/19/23 9:19 a.m.

You could have that bike tip top in 2 easy days!  

and I bet parts aren't that much $$

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BxCMwr72bmWukysz7bQg4XAe6jTr4YVwh989TdgR0G2kOPQ3iZKH2oYLcsBt7r80