Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
7/28/21 8:44 p.m.

That looks like it was a lot of fun!

What a perfect way to enjoy this car!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/29/21 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I highly recommend the Lemons Rallies as great fun.  This time they had an optional live tracking app you could use to see where other teams were and group chat with each other.  It made meet ups and break downs easier and I hope they continue to use it. 

When I was younger I was so concerned about having cars be "perfect" before enjoying but now I realize the real fun is in driving them as much as possible. 

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
7/31/21 9:43 a.m.

I so wish there was a rally like this closer to me.  I'm at a point in life where I can actually do something like this (and also totally on board with your philosophy that the fun is driving as much as possible).  I'll try to keep an eye on the Lemons Rally schedule each year and hope there's one some year soon that's close enough for me to do.  

Keep enjoying this Mustang II to the fullest extent!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/7/21 7:37 a.m.

Since the Rally the Disco'stang has been hanging out in the garage and was only on the road once for a couple errands.  As we are getting into fall the opportunities to drive it will drop and I know the slightest hint of salt in the air will rust this sheet metal faster than the crowds can run when a Mustang leaves Cars & Coffee.

We spend yesterday afternoon driving 150 trouble free miles around the backroads of NEPA. While we were leaning on the trunk being all cool eating ice cream like a couple of 70's kids looking for trouble, a woman came up to talk to us about the car.  She told us how it was a shame they didn't make cars like this anymore because they were built so much better and lasted so much longer etc.  Then she got in a early 2000s Corolla, rolled up her power window, and left.  My wife and I talked about how that Corolla would decimate the MII in every performance and reliability category, but it certainly didn't have the same style!  Toyota didn't even bother to put a white vinyl top on the Corolla.  Lame.

Pretty soon I will winterize the car and pack it away until Spring.  le sigh....

A few pics

I like to map the drives. It helps the memory when I look back on this post in a few years and go "Why didn't we just buy a Porsche like a normal person?"

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
9/9/21 10:00 p.m.

I see Conklin just above your map. One of my best friends grew up there! My firs time through there was in 85 or so, to go to the Unidilla race. First year they did not allow alcohol. Bummer for me at the time, but that was just to reference the times!

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/10/21 9:34 a.m.

Looking at the map made me smile.  This is kinda like my "neighborhood".  One of my brothers has a place outside of Honesdale, my other brother lives outside of Binghamton, and I live in Unadilla.  Been following your adventures, and enjoying the ride. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
9/10/21 11:28 a.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

You need to get the Panasports on this and post pictures......laugh

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
9/12/21 12:38 p.m.

Twice this week I was cruising around in my similarly-schemed, Baby-blue-with-white-vinyl-top Fairmont Futura and saw new-fangled Wranglers;  Baby blue with bright white top and/or stripes.

Be on the lookout...When you see one you can tell them "Nice paint job!  It's Mustang II thing...looks like you understand!"

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
9/14/21 9:01 p.m.

Had a 76 with 302, 4 speed, white/blue interior. Following this build!

Harvey
Harvey SuperDork
9/15/21 4:12 p.m.

This is fun. A bunch of the outdoor pictures look like they came some 70s magazine ad for the car and that is cool.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/16/21 8:41 a.m.
03Panther said:

I see Conklin just above your map. One of my best friends grew up there! My firs time through there was in 85 or so, to go to the Unidilla race. First year they did not allow alcohol. Bummer for me at the time, but that was just to reference the times!

I get soooo many car parts that come through the Conklin Fed Ex depot!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/16/21 8:44 a.m.
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) said:

Looking at the map made me smile.  This is kinda like my "neighborhood".  One of my brothers has a place outside of Honesdale, my other brother lives outside of Binghamton, and I live in Unadilla.  Been following your adventures, and enjoying the ride. 

Thanks!  We are transplants, having lived in The NEPA only about 6 years now.  There are so many great driving roads around here and across the river in NY.  I frequently go up to Albany for work and love taking the scenic routes up to Oneonta to pick up the interstate.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/16/21 8:45 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

You need to get the Panasports on this and post pictures......laugh

Gotta finish burning off those brand new 13s.  Which shouldnt take long with the power this bad boy lays downlaugh

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/16/21 8:48 a.m.
ClemSparks said:

Twice this week I was cruising around in my similarly-schemed, Baby-blue-with-white-vinyl-top Fairmont Futura and saw new-fangled Wranglers;  Baby blue with bright white top and/or stripes.

Be on the lookout...When you see one you can tell them "Nice paint job!  It's Mustang II thing...looks like you understand!"

I like to think that there was a Jeep designer pouring over Malise Era advertisements looking for inspiration!laugh

Its crazy how many comments I get on the color.  Im not gonna lie, if it had been silver Im not sure I would have looked twice at the original sale ad.  Something about that blue....

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/16/21 8:50 a.m.
Agent98 said:

Had a 76 with 302, 4 speed, white/blue interior. Following this build!

Nice!  Do you have any pics?

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/16/21 8:52 a.m.
Harvey said:

This is fun. A bunch of the outdoor pictures look like they came some 70s magazine ad for the car and that is cool.

Thanks!  So far I haven't run out of cool spots to grab pics.  I've taken a few in Scranton but I feel I really need to head in and get more urban pictures.  Like the Disco'Stang parked in front of a tennis court...

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/16/21 8:59 a.m.

Those manual transmissions and bellhousing are eating up space in my shop, they are not cheap anymore they are free if you come get them

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
10/12/21 5:57 p.m.

https://youtu.be/41_svUt5_e0

Had to post this.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/29/21 8:40 a.m.

In reply to N7Prime :

I know its just Hollywood magic, but there is no way a Ferrari would ever be able to gap a Mustang II.  The Mustang II decimates all! laugh

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/29/21 8:43 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

The hoarder in me wants them!  The realist in me knows I will likely not swap to a manual even if I do an engine swap.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/29/21 8:46 a.m.

For the first time in my life I bought a dust cover to store a vehicle.  Since I plan on doing more body work to the van over the winter I figured it was best to protect the Disco'stang from debris.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
10/29/21 12:29 p.m.

If any car is worthy of a protective cover, it's that one!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
1/1/22 5:04 p.m.

Happy 202MustangII!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
4/17/22 9:25 p.m.

The 5.slow is nothing compared to the power of the Disco'Stang.  Know your roots!

78CobraII
78CobraII New Reader
4/18/22 12:20 a.m.

The family resemblance is definitely there!

8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2kZhOq61BXlYQewD4WTAkE3fHZUYWjYxBQZZZxW6XTEL6yNSRbLatNE1HZ2ahaEV