12 13 14
AxeHealey
AxeHealey SuperDork
4/9/24 10:42 a.m.

Awesome job this weekend. This car is so incredibly cool, creative and well done.

It was great to finally meet you and Steve in person.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
4/9/24 12:14 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

It was good to meet yuo as well and chat about your car and build.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
4/9/24 12:29 p.m.
a_florida_man said:

Near the end of the build .... which ended at 3:30 AM day of the race... it got way to crazy to blog what we were up to.

I'm going to back fill in the next week or so. I apologize for not posting more. I feel that one of the great parts of this forum / and challenge combo is the real time build up. Ours just got out of control... and not in a particularly good way. If my team members had not been great life long friends we would have never made it to the race, much less perform as well as we did with a broken car. 

Thanks you Steve, Scott, Jack, Casey, Rob, and  Angie (Mrs a_florida_man).

Over the weekend, the true feelings of accomplishment and pride were in seeing you all jump in and save me from my own schedule.

It all led to this car's 3rd, 3rd place.

And we did that on a light power, trial drag run of 13.3.

The next run we lost the clutch halfway and coasted to a 13.5 @ 89.

I can still feel how good the 2nd run felt before it went away.

Like I read on Angry's post ... The Challenge isn't easy.

Quoting the whole post because the pics show the end results of all that work that is not well documented. Not really even time to pick up a phone and grab many pics. It was a lot of work, and we definitely dropped a few items from the "to do" list in order to get it to the track. We've only know each other for 4 decades so we will figure it out eventually. Last year I was bummed with 3rd place, this year I was suprised and excited with 3rd knowing we broke before we could really see what it would do on the drag strip.

I really want to thank everyone who came by and left some notes on the deck to help celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Challenge. I have known the magazine family for over 30 years and have been doing this cheap car stuff a long time. They put on a great event and are really good folks. Make sure you spread the word to the world and help grow the event. Don't forget to thank the sponsors on social media and stuff.

Always fun and I love getting to catch up with folks I converse with online most of the year and finally get to really talk.

a_florida_man
a_florida_man Dork
4/9/24 1:12 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Thanks. 

I really liked Guacamole. I bet it's fun just drive "normally" as well.

Can you put it on the street?

Sorry I did not have my healey there as planned. Logisitics just didn't support it :).

a_florida_man
a_florida_man Dork
9/2/24 10:41 a.m.
stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
9/2/24 5:35 p.m.

This should check a box or two for innovation/engineering in the Challenge Concours department.

12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a0sd7stV0A9K4VohNT0JIvStYCKMF40jUfGa9hOpa4hSZiQh7b9y5CNUSdc6n7Hf