1 2
yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
1/4/21 6:55 p.m.

In reply to Bodinecc :

You have pics of the m62 throttle body setup? One day I'll m120 swap something so I'm very interested. 

Bodinecc
Bodinecc New Reader
1/5/21 1:43 p.m.
Schmidlap said:

This is an awesome build! What is it with you Swedes and your awesome engine swaps into Panteras? This swap reminded me of the HemiPanter, another Swedish Pantera that has a 572 cu. in. all aluminum Hemi.   https://www.hemipanter.se/

Thanks! yes we have to do something all winter laugh Yes its Göran that have the HemiPanter. I know him, we both live in Stockholm.

Bodinecc
Bodinecc New Reader
1/5/21 3:12 p.m.
jfryjfry (FS) said:

Yeeesss!   That is amazing!  It fired right up and idled like it came from the factory. 

The way it rocks makes it look like your engine stand is no more than an older tire!

Thank! and regarding the engine stand its not even a tire blush its just standing on a wooden pallet blush I will fasten it better next time smiley

Bodinecc
Bodinecc New Reader
1/5/21 3:28 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to Bodinecc :

You have pics of the m62 throttle body setup? One day I'll m120 swap something so I'm very interested. 

Here are some pictures of the BMW throttles, adapterplates have been fabricated out of alu to be able to bolt the M62 throttles to the M120 intake. It is not the final productblush just to get the car rolling. Will be fabricating a new intake later.

Bodinecc
Bodinecc New Reader
1/5/21 4:04 p.m.

The complete powertrain cool

More info about my projects: https://bodinecc.com/

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
1/5/21 4:55 p.m.

I am seriously looking for the glass body.....This solves so many issues for me.....

I keep watching this move too, great job!

mke
mke HalfDork
1/6/21 6:28 a.m.
Bodinecc said:

First startup of the Mercedes V12 engine smiley:

I'm so jealous of people with running engines.  Sounds great!

mke
mke HalfDork
1/6/21 6:38 a.m.
Bodinecc said:
GIRTHQUAKE said:

Yeah, it looks like you've modified the electronics. What have you done? I'm super interested after seeing what others are doing with V12s.

I use a aftermarket ECU that I have tuned myself, sadly it can not run the engine fully sequentially (can only do 8cylinders that way). So I have it set up in wasted spark mode with two tripple ignition coils. The injectors are run in batch mode. This setup I will use to get the engine running and get the car approved and road legal. I have another engine blush I will build ITB's for and nice headers like 12 to 1 or something. I have not decided what ECU I will use for that engine yet.

If you are looking for an inexpensive ECU for a V12 you might be interested this:

rusEFI

There are a few V12 kit cars going together with it in the build section of their forum.  it has 12 fuel and 12 spark outputs and is under $400 I think, but that's no case, no harness, just a working board really

On the frankenferrari I'm using this:

enginelab

A bit more money and only 10 spark outputs at the moment (is a firmware thing, they keep promising me 12) so I'm waste spark, but a more finished product, more capable product.....other than you its designed for OEMs (this is what AEM infinity ECUs are) so you need to create the control logic yourself, or I can share my control model to get you started.

Good luck, great project.

Bodinecc
Bodinecc New Reader
2/12/21 10:33 a.m.
mke said:
Bodinecc said:
GIRTHQUAKE said:

Yeah, it looks like you've modified the electronics. What have you done? I'm super interested after seeing what others are doing with V12s.

I use a aftermarket ECU that I have tuned myself, sadly it can not run the engine fully sequentially (can only do 8cylinders that way). So I have it set up in wasted spark mode with two tripple ignition coils. The injectors are run in batch mode. This setup I will use to get the engine running and get the car approved and road legal. I have another engine blush I will build ITB's for and nice headers like 12 to 1 or something. I have not decided what ECU I will use for that engine yet.

If you are looking for an inexpensive ECU for a V12 you might be interested this:

rusEFI

There are a few V12 kit cars going together with it in the build section of their forum.  it has 12 fuel and 12 spark outputs and is under $400 I think, but that's no case, no harness, just a working board really

On the frankenferrari I'm using this:

enginelab

A bit more money and only 10 spark outputs at the moment (is a firmware thing, they keep promising me 12) so I'm waste spark, but a more finished product, more capable product.....other than you its designed for OEMs (this is what AEM infinity ECUs are) so you need to create the control logic yourself, or I can share my control model to get you started.

Good luck, great project.

Thanks! And your project is very impressive too yes.

I will either run my current ECU in waste spark/batch fire mode or buy a ECU that can run a v12 fully sequential from MxxECU, a Swedish ECU manufacturer:

MaxxECU - The modern ECU

It is rather expensive at ~2500$ but then you get alot like EGT on every cylinder cool

For more info about my projects:  bodinecc.com

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/12/21 12:26 p.m.
Bodinecc said:
yupididit said:

In reply to Bodinecc :

Here are some pictures of the BMW throttles, adapterplates have been fabricated out of alu to be able to bolt the M62 throttles to the M120 intake. It is not the final productblush just to get the car rolling. Will be fabricating a new intake later.

I would be interested if you make a replica set. 

Bodinecc
Bodinecc New Reader
2/17/21 1:44 p.m.
yupididit said:
Bodinecc said:
yupididit said:

In reply to Bodinecc :

I would be interested if you make a replica set. 

I can sell it when I have completed a new custom intake for the M120 V12. I am thinking of making a similar intake for the V12 as I have on my other car. Posted a youtube clip of that intake in action below, one short verion and one long version cool

Long version:

https://youtu.be/G9mxbnC_9lM

Short version:

https://youtu.be/bRYHn0nLfT4

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/17/21 1:49 p.m.

In reply to Bodinecc :

That's sweet. The m120 is my favorite engine ever. I just hate their engine management and electronic throttle actuators. 

Bodinecc
Bodinecc New Reader
3/5/21 3:47 p.m.

Has come across "new" larger injectors for the V12:

Here is a youtube clip of how I cleaned themsmiley

How to clean your fuel injectors! - YouTube

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lysQjpjIPd2JSXJreVjsJw1Z0abHYAdsVGCRxpKYAkcIjL6OdfxOtE7pfOJBfWzQ