15 16 17
Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
6/20/24 9:16 a.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

No.

There's no reason to doubt a wet noodle; you already know how it behaves... ROFL

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
6/20/24 9:35 a.m.
TurboFource said:

In reply to AMiataCalledSteve :

I have been wondering if anyone is following this :)

Following too yes

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
6/20/24 10:17 a.m.

Wet noodles follow the road very well I hear....

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
7/8/24 4:08 p.m.

The”Distraction” is back in Virginia at my son’s place.

Reinstalled “Shifty” which required some fiberglass trimming. Shifted into 4th and jacked up the right side wheel so I can get the engine in the correct timing to drop in the distributor (spins over easily  :) ).

Hot as Hades today ….

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
7/14/24 10:11 a.m.

Picked up my California car Europa seats yesterday .... I didn't really want to head down the seat frame rebuild road! They have new looking seat tracks too (unobtainium)! They both fit in the trunk of my wife's Turbo Malibu .....

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
7/21/24 6:06 p.m.

A Honeywell 12000btu portable A/C unit I ordered for my garage on Amazon Prime day deals, showed up yesterday. It took my uninsulated 1-1/2 car garage from 86 to 78 degrees in 3 hours this afternoon :) 

I think if I start it in the morning before the garage warms up it will be quite comfortable and I will be more productive  8)

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
7/21/24 6:33 p.m.

In reply to TurboFource :

Air conditioning my work space has been great. Especially when doing fiberglass work as it keeps the cure times much more consistent

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
7/22/24 4:57 p.m.

Was pleasant in the garage today with a/c :)

“New” seats installed … used luan to replace missing webbing for now … seems comfortable since the luan is thin enough to flex when sitting on it.

Today was the first time I have sat in the car with a seat that moves and with pedals in it 8)

Working on removing a forgotten piece of stuck door hinge … >:(

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
7/29/24 4:50 p.m.

Distributor in and custom length plug wires fabricobbled. Just need to wire and program it now. Piece of hinge was persuaded to come out …. More critter scat fell out of something   

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/29/24 6:46 p.m.

Love it!

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
8/5/24 6:57 p.m.

Show me the light ....

Wideband O2 sensor/gauge on order. 123 ignition wired in and static timing set (show me the light). Amp gauge eliminated with fabricobbled copper piece. Turned the key to on to set distributor and heard something rumbling … fuel pump and no gas … so I used my trickle charger to power ignition to set it … no smoke escaped so far …. Valvoline VR1 high zinc oil also purchased and working on setup to prime oil system prior to cranking it over.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott UltraDork
8/6/24 9:54 a.m.

Nice!

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
8/7/24 1:26 a.m.

So, tomorrow, yeah?

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
8/8/24 6:31 a.m.

In reply to Slow_M : Life seems to always get in the way of such ambitious schedules for me .....

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
8/12/24 7:16 p.m.

Nothing major .... was out of town and had to clean up storm debris in the yard .....downloaded ignition app ..... pretty cool ! Wrote conservative baseline advance and boost retard curves so I can at least start and move TCST.

Has GPS speedo, tach, boost, voltage etc. May need a mount and keep iPad in the the car :)

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
8/15/24 3:37 p.m.

Primed oil system with garden sprayer (discovered line going into oil pressure gauge was leaking … better now than when it’s running!), poured oil over cams etc. Actually installed valve cover,  carburetor, fuel line  to carb etc. Needed one end of vacuum hose going to distributor to be 3/16 and the other 1/4 so I modified/simplified it with a 1/4” carbide burr …

Getting closer to first start ....

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
8/17/24 9:10 a.m.

A couple of Australian Ford cross flow six pics and a Holden six parts diagram using a Stromberg CD-175 …same carb I am using
I think it will flow enough ;)

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
8/19/24 5:20 p.m.

Today:
-Since everyone  seems to have trouble priming the oil system on a Twin Cam, I packed the oil pump with Vaseline, primed the system with a pump up garden sprayer, while doing this I noticed the oil pressure gauge didn’t move but I just figured it was because it took quite awhile for the sprayer to push the 20W50 …
- So I decided to test the oil pressure gauge since it hasn’t been used in 50 years, I disconnected the line at the engine and used air pressure (30 psi), at first the gauge didn’t move, then it did and the more times I did it the easier it seemed to move …. maybe people aren’t having trouble getting oil pressure but the darn gauge is sticking from being dormant for years  :confused:
- Installed wide band O2 sensor which involved removing exhaust as I drilled the hole for a normal O2 sensor not realizing a wideband sensor is larger O.D. … carbide burr to the rescue ….  ran the cable which involved unpinning the connector and snaking it through the hole in the body and then repinned it.
- Installed crankcase breather system.
- Removed and reclocked rotor one tooth as I didn’t like the position I ended up at.
- Made a plate to cover a squarish/random hole in the front bulkhead and used it to mount my remote MC reservoir. - Bypassed heater core because it is probably gonna leak, I don’t want to fool with it now and it’s still summer!

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
8/30/24 3:50 p.m.

Coolant system filled and leaks chased down. Reservoir for MC attached and filled. AFR gauge wired and temporarily installed .... brownie points if you know what car the "Turbocharged" emblem came out of. Almost .....  I may have the worst dash ever ...

15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
POxKAe3qC7uhuEvCXYDadz8sIlvHUKecb4MjYvypdhdiqRPRejmeDvgoHBLjqZVk