1 2
greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs
greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs New Reader
2/14/24 7:46 p.m.
DannyDattos said:

In reply to greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs :

Every time I stop for gas or go to a car meet I hear stories like this. It seems everyone has owned or rode in one of these things laugh

which I find odd because I never see em on the road.

Good point. I can't recall seeing one in my adult life.  Pleasantly surprised when I saw your post.

Parents bought them for the gas mileage coming out of the oil embargos of the early 70's.  Moved to Michigan w them.  I recall rust getting them as well.   Ziebart and Rusty Wallace were our best friends back in that era.

watching.....

DannyDattos
DannyDattos New Reader
8/26/24 2:54 p.m.

I ended working two jobs 6 days a week so I haven't had time to work on the cheddar wagon. Kinda forgot about GRM in general. I'll have more updates on the way, I've done a little tinkering here and there on it. May start posting my various other projects on this. (My local Autocross lost it's spot so I haven't been able to drive it much)

More on the way yes

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
8/26/24 3:44 p.m.
DannyDattos said:

Kinda forgot about GRM in general.

Blasphemy.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
8/26/24 3:44 p.m.
DannyDattos said:

Kinda forgot about GRM in general.

Blasphemy.

DannyDattos
DannyDattos New Reader
8/26/24 3:46 p.m.

Bought some 15x8 konig rewinds and wrapped em in 195/50/15 toyo extensas. Car rides  better and grips harder than ever. 

sits alot better, too. No more hotwheel fitment lmao

DannyDattos
DannyDattos New Reader
8/26/24 3:53 p.m.

As of now, I'm not sure what I want to do with the car. It needs a diff and interior work, finding a factory replacement is impossible  so I would have to make something custom. (Something I've never done)  I'd like to swap it or turbo the A15, just dont have time at the moment. (or money lol)

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/26/24 11:04 p.m.

Learn to drive it to it's limit's consistantly. Then and only then start thinking about power. Figure out the best suspension, brakes and tuning. It's funner to drive a slow car fast then a fast car slow. Might try looking at what some of the old racers of these cars used back in the day. First place I'd start.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SHU48LsxbZoNC7jvLzklrklwZSb7sKijXuU4B6lpHrD3WoDUoUq7k919wkUJitHG