1 2
bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
8/27/14 1:13 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Is slapping skin on the Exocet insane?
Absolutely not. The Exocet is a hideous eyesore as much as it's a well designed chassis. It needs a sexy skin for me to even consider it.

My general thoughts as well, though the latest fiberglass "body" parts that Warren et al. have come out with do make it less atrocious than the original.

Regardless I read all the updates everytime I see the Exomotive thread bumped to the top again.

jsquared
jsquared New Reader
8/27/14 1:40 p.m.

A little late to the reply, but Warren's "airplane skin" idea might work with just a wrap of the cockpit sides like my side-panel drawing and keep the current nose/hood/tank cover

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
8/27/14 1:54 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I remember there was some early concept art for the body panels (I remember the car had humongous wheels on it) that looked pretty cool, with the whole car covered in body panels like a sportbike. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

That was a student's 2D drawing. It looks cool, but it would cost a lot of money to manufacture. There are also a lot of questions as far as what it would look like in any other view but straight side. I did the measurements on the wheels once, I think they were somewhere around 28".

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/27/14 2:01 p.m.

^Yep that's it. Wheels are crazy, but something like that could look really good and make it less "go-kartish" for those who see that as a bad thing

jsquared
jsquared New Reader
8/28/14 7:42 a.m.

It's kinda cool looking at KTM-ish but it still leaves the cockpit sides open.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/28/14 8:01 a.m.

You could extend the side bodywork upwards to slightly above the frame level and have it meet the roll hoop, it would look kind of like a Lotus 2-11 (or an X-bow).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tK39imzTYhBX14alitygsIUNQlYIswTawitK5wk3t87aQTFI4SSA2IsLDB8WqSMR