11 12 13
earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
5/31/24 5:49 p.m.

In reply to saruken :

smiley

I would have used regular, shorter sockets, but the bolt would not fit through the hole in them - so, I grabbed my set of impact sockets.  

wsfarley
wsfarley New Reader
7/22/24 8:48 p.m.

In reply to benbeames :

I watched it.Great Stuff.

hollynicholas
hollynicholas New Reader
8/3/24 4:08 a.m.

Hey guys, I am about to start building an open-wheel style car based on an old FSAE chassis I found off marketplace. What features should I really be focusing on? I am trying to ensure that each of the systems can be easily serviceable/upgradable so I can easily swap parts, I'm currently working on the drivetrain setup where I'm planning on using a 120kW electric motor along with a 7.2kW battery setup, maybe more if I manage to scrounge up some additional funds. And the next thing on my list is going to be a steering setup. I am planning on using it for time attacks and endurance-style races.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/3/24 5:41 a.m.

In reply to hollynicholas :

Love the plan :D Be VERY careful with the electric setup.

Also - more knowledgeable people than me will either correct me or chime in - you might want to look at the math behind battery size and motor efficiency, as a bigger battery would also give more performance, and minimize the need to recharge if you take too many runs.

11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WMobhQ9kRRaRSly8IJou5XakMwNAylXva3P0FZnDuOemZAkaQZJRkld5OmbpzeSf