12 13 14
oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
5/28/23 6:13 p.m.
oldeskewltoy said:

For the first time......... assembled long block and chassis in the same place.   plan as of now is to look at fitting this in about a week, to ten days.   More info to follow............

So along with a long block, I got 3 bins (30"x18"x18") of stuff......  like the partial wiring harness, the original T/B, engine mounts and many other parts along with a 5# bag of hardware.   I spent the better parts of a day going through the bins sorting and finding bits and bobs.  Enough to fit the alternator (yeah).  As far as P/S and A/C, the power steering will end up being an in-column electric type, and an open window will have to suffice for cooling.

So now that I've found most of the pieces - I'll be dismantling these later this week so they can go to the powder coater.

more to come...... wink

warrenwelder
warrenwelder New Reader
6/11/23 1:26 p.m.

In reply to oldeskewltoy :

I like the looks of the finish on this. However, long ago I went to a customers shop to work on his dry sump system and he had just installed a billet block and heads. Being a machinist, I was dazzled by the totality of machined surfaces. I sanded and polished the valve covers and intake mfd on mine but after years of setting in this tropical climate they look really bad. Toyota's aluminum alloy surface corrodes fast here. What paint did you use?

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
6/12/23 10:31 a.m.

https://www.seymourpaint.com/

I believe they used their alumiblast

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
6/12/23 12:12 p.m.

I used that on my Lotus transaxle.

31Vicky
31Vicky New Reader
1/8/24 12:42 a.m.

Dan, have you decided on which gearbox you are going to use? I'd love to see if you had any luck with the manual conversion

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
1/18/24 10:13 a.m.
31Vicky said:

Dan, have you decided on which gearbox you are going to use? I'd love to see if you had any luck with the manual conversion

The manual conversion is still on track.  

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
1/19/24 1:50 p.m.

I think that crank pulley needs more sheaves. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
1/20/24 9:27 a.m.
gearheadE30 said:

I think that crank pulley needs more sheaves. 

For a pre-Gilmer drive 6-71 blower?

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
1/26/24 5:05 p.m.

It's nice as other people spend my money......... cheeky

But seriously...  there is one "report" out there of a boosted 5V making around 400hp.  The owner had some cylinder shift at that power level.

12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F0zg1ZT7nsIHQgGUxE1oUDngMo8TOl7udDJmzhmJqHymRWUU4TL6jY4zqsIbErjT