2 3 4 5 6
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/21/24 12:13 p.m.

It's the same car:

only this time it really is. "LS3 M6" is the car that made me fall in love with them.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/21/24 2:36 p.m.

I already know the meaning of 3-Baby-9 but what is the meaning of LS3-M6?

This seems like the plate that should be on a large BMW coupe that had a LS3 swapped in. 

7/21/24 2:42 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

M6 = 6-speed manual. On the SS forum, for one or more reasons I don't know, they use A6 for automatic and M6 for manual.

i would have gone with 6MT.

and I'm still thinking I should get vanity plate 3BABY9

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/21/24 2:44 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Well, that makes sense.  My head was just elsewhere on that one.  

Maybe 3BABY9 is so popular that you had to get the "almost" version.  

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/21/24 4:37 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to John Welsh :

M6 = 6-speed manual. On the SS forum, for one or more reasons I don't know, they use A6 for automatic and M6 for manual.

i would have gone with 6MT.

and I'm still thinking I should get vanity plate 3BABY9

I think it's a GM thing. Back 20 years ago when I had a 4th gen F-body, everyone on those forums used the same terms.

7/23/24 10:40 p.m.

This is why we can't have nice things:

At this intersection (Grand River East to Telegraph South), there are two right-turn lanes, onto a road with two lanes each direction (down from 4 due to construction). See pix below:

I'm in the outside turn lane. Jeep towing landscape trailer is in the inside turn lane. Jeep drives into my lane mid-turn and the trailer hits my door and fender and right front wheel, bending tie rod and lower lateral link, gouging my RF rim, and taking a huge chunk out of my RF sidewall.

i was surprised the guy stopped. I was not surprised that he "lost his wallet" so couldn't show me a drivers license or other ID or insurance card. I was also not surprised that the Jeep was not in his name. When he and the codriver got out, I snapped a pic which got both of them plus the Jeep license plate and the front of the trailer. I wasn't smart enough to get one of the trailer's plate. He showed me the registration for the Jeep, so I took a pic of that and the VIN on the dash. Fortunately they all match.

in MI we have "no fault" insurance, so everyone is responsible for their own repairs, ie my insurance fixes my car, your insurance fixes your car, and in theory I can seek assignment of blame and sue you to pay my deductible. It eats cock.

i was supposed to meet AK1 for dinner, so instead of waiting for a tow, I put on my never-been-down spare and slowly drove about 6 miles to the restaurant. Steering wheel off center, which causes stability control faults, and front tires protesting the whole way.

After dinner, again I said I'm not waiting for a tow, I'll drive slowly home, another 8 miles. Made it about 1 mile before the bent tie rod became a broken tie rod, and the RF wheel steered hard left.

Finally, I wait for a tow truck. While I'm waiting, three different cars stop to ask if I'm good. 2 of the 3 know it's an SS, which is better than the towing company, who listed it as a Spark. Both kinda lose their minds when I say it's a manual.

When the rollback arrives, it doesn't have wheel dollies or an axle lift, so the kid can't figure how to get the car onto the flatbed. He calls for backup, and driver2 just muscles the RF wheel straight as driver1 slowly winches the car forward.

Driver1 and I reverse this process at my house, and SSHEILA sits in the driveway waiting for me to call my insurance in the AM to start a claim.

berkeley.

One positive in this situation: I wasn't driving the Rowdy Audi.

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
7/23/24 11:05 p.m.

People suck.

7/24/24 12:03 a.m.
budget_bandit said:

People suck.

Some people, some times, yes.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/24/24 5:12 a.m.

Hate to read that.  

dyintorace
dyintorace UltimaDork
7/24/24 6:32 a.m.

Man. So bummed to read this update. 🙁

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
7/24/24 7:14 a.m.

F

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/24/24 7:30 a.m.

Fuuuuuuck 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UltimaDork
7/24/24 7:57 a.m.

I saw a sister Sheila on the way to work today.  Hopefully parts aren't too hard to find.  Glad it seems like just throwing some replacement parts at it.

How's the door and fender?

Edit...  also, what is 3 baby 9?

golfduke
golfduke Dork
7/24/24 8:46 a.m.

We have the same style of '2 turn lanes into 2 lanes' on my work commute, and I cannot tell you how many times I've nearly been hit in it... I always use the inner lane now, because it is generally the inner lane idiot veering all the way to the outer lane at the apex that causes all of  the problems. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/24/24 9:28 a.m.

Sucks.  I'm most happiest to hear you had it towed home.  Stay in control of the process and not getting jacked for "storage fees" at a tow lot. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/24/24 9:46 a.m.

Damn Michigan drivers.  While you're in there is it time to cam it?  Maybe a LSA?

7/24/24 9:55 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Give my license plate a quick look. The 8 looks enough like a B that several people have asked independently "what's 3 BABY 9?" So this randomly assigned license plate has become SSHEILA's call sign.

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
7/24/24 10:32 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I pitched a cam/blower earlier and he said no 😢

iansane
iansane SuperDork
7/24/24 10:34 a.m.

Dude. That's terrible. I would be livid.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/24/24 10:40 a.m.

In reply to budget_bandit :

That just means we need more people to join us in the peer pressure.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau PowerDork
7/24/24 12:11 p.m.

Noooo!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey SuperDork
7/24/24 1:07 p.m.

Saw this on FB and couldn't believe it. Came here to confirm. 

That sucks big time. Sorry, man.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
7/24/24 1:17 p.m.

Front suspension work is a perfect time to throw in a cam and blower + tune. I know a place!

7/24/24 1:37 p.m.

on one hand, i have a very strict rule: i do not mod the daily.

on the other hand, i'm retired, so is it really a daily?

on the third hand, i probably just posted that to berkeley with all y'all cam and blower types.

iansane
iansane SuperDork
7/26/24 10:04 a.m.

I'm REAL happy with my whipple. I would be even happier with an accompanying cam. Just sayin.

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gcdoQffv8tr35N773mT9w5wZw5yHEPaFZIM1i2ADuZxE6u4vz4oNrm3tj08EYmgt