7 8 9
iansane
iansane SuperDork
7/26/24 11:28 a.m.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2006979693033277

Don't start looking at head/cam combos. Don't start looking at head/cam combos. Don't start looking at head/cam combos.

E36 M3. I'm looking at head/cam combos.

iansane
iansane SuperDork
9/4/24 11:09 a.m.

New wheels, who dis?

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
9/4/24 11:10 a.m.

the lobster claws took a while to grow on me when i still had my cayman, but now I like them a lot. Dont think I've ever seen them on a non-porsche though. Looks good!

iansane
iansane SuperDork
9/4/24 11:13 a.m.

The b5 had developed a missfire that I presumed was ignition control modules as that's a pretty common failure on these. I had some NOS on the shelf and tossed them on only for it not to fix the issue. It was better but still chugging like an old washing machine. New plugs made it a bit smoother but still missfiring. This was the primary o2 wiring...

Oof. Not good. A new o2 sensor actually came with body side connector housing. I just needed to grab some new pins and I was golden. Smooth as silk. 20 year old, 325k mile german silk.

iansane
iansane SuperDork
9/4/24 11:18 a.m.

At the last Luckydog race the ramptruck decided it didn't want to start when I wanted it to. Like, when I was trying to winch the racecar onto the back. I replaced a single batter with dual optimas. Let's hope their not trash. Added a shutoff switch since the truck sits a lot.

I wanted bigger brakes and one of the only brake upgrades I found required bigger wheels. I'm not sold on the look yet but we'll see if I can stomach the 22s before I slap the brakes on for good.

I need to grab a 1 5/16 deep socket to torque the wheels down and check for rubbing. If these stay the truck will also get lowered.

iansane
iansane SuperDork
9/4/24 11:20 a.m.

Big surprise I found some rust on the defender when I was swapping the fenders/wings out. Cut some new metal for the bulkhead. One of the only steel parts of the truck.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
9/4/24 11:22 a.m.

I personally LOVE that look, but that's just my opinion. 

iansane
iansane SuperDork
9/4/24 4:02 p.m.
gixxeropa said:

the lobster claws took a while to grow on me when i still had my cayman, but now I like them a lot. Dont think I've ever seen them on a non-porsche though. Looks good!

Thanks! It's weird how stock wheels on a car are meh but you throw them on something else and they pop. I always thought they looked like trash but they've grown on me terribly. I had this set powdercoated "aztec gold" which has a ton of green and pearl in it. That picture (without sun) does NOT do it justice. 

7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kcbdwmMUaCG8PDhs8pJlriPocMyVKY8mPw96qewEqSyU5AYqJA6crHkH07RCIbuf