5 6 7 8 9
759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/22/19 8:04 p.m.

Wait for it........................ a d deal gone wrong..............sled gets punched front and rear to eliminate any immediate recognition and the dude at copart says no prob.....bring it in.................voila' here we are....mashup city @GRM....who knew... 

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/22/19 9:07 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Wait for it........................ a d deal gone wrong..............sled gets punched front and rear to eliminate any immediate recognition and the dude at copart says no prob.....bring it in.................voila' here we are....mashup city @GRM....who knew... 

Yeah... except, private sale... :)

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/22/19 9:09 p.m.

Looks like I've caught up with Stampie.

If you know... you know.

If you don't know, you don't need to know. LOL

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/22/19 9:11 p.m.

Yep, un-huh.

Woah, wait, the club is actually a flashlight. OK That's legit.

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/22/19 9:16 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to a_florida_man :

With a complete serial number, a bank should replace wrecked bill with a good one.  The Federal Reserve has a process for reclaiming / removing from service damaged bills.

Yeah, I think you have to possess more than 50% of the bill still too. IDK. I like the story it tells more than the 20$.

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/22/19 9:16 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to a_florida_man :

With a complete serial number, a bank should replace wrecked bill with a good one.  The Federal Reserve has a process for reclaiming / removing from service damaged bills.

Yeah, I think you have to possess more than 50% of the bill still too. IDK. I like the story it tells more than the 20$.

Just some guy
Just some guy New Reader
11/22/19 10:15 p.m.

I really enjoy your threads.  Thanks for them.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
11/23/19 6:38 a.m.
a_florida_man said:

If you know... you know.

That's a good haul. That's way more than I found and with self trade for FMV rules now you could zero out the car. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/23/19 6:53 a.m.
a_florida_man said:

If you know... you know.

I don''t know what I am looking at but I am pretty sure I shouldn't be looking at it, if you follow me.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/23/19 10:46 a.m.

Looks like a really small bag of decorative yard gravel. I'm sure that's not it, though. wink

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/23/19 10:47 a.m.

Found this patch in the car.

Houston, we have a mascot!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/23/19 11:08 a.m.
a_florida_man said:

Puurrfect!!!

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
11/23/19 1:15 p.m.
a_florida_man said:

Nice

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/23/19 4:42 p.m.

Time to count...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/23/19 5:00 p.m.

Price is right rules?

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/23/19 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

WOW you are ultra pro level expert.

so far

Im sure there is a little more yet.

Eurotrash_Ranch
Eurotrash_Ranch New Reader
11/23/19 7:41 p.m.

FYI: roughly $12.50 per pound of mixed/assorted American coins.

Nice haul btw. Intrigued by this project

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
11/23/19 7:45 p.m.

Ok kids: maybe That's why these cars wound up wrecked and in The junkyard. Friends don't let friends smoke cat litter.

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/23/19 11:47 p.m.

A little more thought.

I like that the slk seat back is where it is in relation to the Ghia.

That is a structural part of the SLK, that will align well with the back of the Ghia shell. 

Change the fold down seat back to a solid panel, because the fuel tank will be in the area of the old aft luggage compartment.

Note that the 1st figure is the best image as the Ghia base is a drawing, where the 2nd is a photo that has a little skew to it.

I have always wanted to have a classic Ghia style interior. 

So this works from that stand point.

However, making the GHIA doors longer would have some aesthetic value...

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/23/19 11:52 p.m.

Imagine a two seater with the original doors lengthend to include the 1/4 glass.

bye bye b pillar. :)

reskin the 320 doors with ghia outers + front of ghia 1/4 panel?

use slk320 door jambs?

probably a no go due to width...

Thoughts?

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/23/19 11:54 p.m.

use ghia a pillar and front of ghia door shell, lengthend with SLK door shell and use slk c pillar / striker?

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/24/19 12:20 a.m.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/24/19 7:05 a.m.
Azryael said:

Folks on the MB forums are convinced an LS-swap in any Mercedes will costs tens of thousands of dollars to do correctly, and if you do it yourself it'll cost more and it won't ever run right.

In their minds, spending $15000 on "period-correct" AMG mods to get an outdated motor to 300HP is the ONLY way to go.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
11/24/19 7:58 a.m.

You have three boxes here. One for the engine, one for the passengers and one for the trunk. Lengthen the engine box as much as needed to house the new engine and firewall. Slide the passenger box back the corresponding amount and absorb the movement of the passenger box into the trunk box.

At this point I would be looking at moving the entire vw greenhouse  box, including A- post ,B post and doors, backwards until the door met the rear fender flare. Maybe even a bit more if need be integrating some of the flare into the VW door.

Make a cut across the car about 2 inches forward of the front trunk opening. Separate the rear quarters from the rest of the body and slide them forward until the arc of the VW roofline falls even with the rear of the car.

This leaves you with a gap up front and an overhang in the rear to clean up. How hard can that be?

Pete

a_florida_man
a_florida_man HalfDork
11/24/19 8:17 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Azryael said:

Folks on the MB forums are convinced an LS-swap in any Mercedes will costs tens of thousands of dollars to do correctly, and if you do it yourself it'll cost more and it won't ever run right.

In their minds, spending $15000 on "period-correct" AMG mods to get an outdated motor to 300HP is the ONLY way to go.

Oh, now that's funny! 

Can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks!

5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PHEwUUc1M7b6cGvievHpujy1fvmLhf4QAHIT0JzYoPyCsiG5LqhU91YmyiQpb953