Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA UltraDork
1/28/24 2:52 a.m.

Wow, what a fun read.....I mean ride.....No, I mean read...ride...read...Oh hell, it's just fun.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
1/28/24 10:06 a.m.

Just wow.  The metal work happening here is just nutz.  I had a FieroRari concern when you started the thread but I clearly underestimated your master class skills sir.

275nart
275nart Reader
1/30/24 6:28 p.m.

Thanks fellas!

Well I feel like I outdid myself! Here's some pictures of tipping the edges and fixing the skin on the door frame.  

and a quick walk around video 
https://youtu.be/3sO0IlmRbcc?feature=shared

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
1/30/24 7:12 p.m.

In reply to 275nart :

Watched the walk around video. Here are my thoughts:

• Great work
  • Door is really smooth and reflective
  • I saw your doggy walking next to you in the door's reflection
  • I have major shop envy, your work space is set up nicely and seems huge 
275nart
275nart Reader
1/31/24 8:35 a.m.
Indy - Guy said:

In reply to 275nart :

Watched the walk around video. Here are my thoughts:

• Great work
  • Door is really smooth and reflective
  • I saw your doggy walking next to you in the door's reflection
  • I have major shop envy, your work space is set up nicely and seems huge 

Hey thanks!  I have doberman pinschers & I show them too.  They are like little shadows :) That old leather couch is in there for them to hang out on while I'm working.  The shop is 28x42... could always be bigger but it's enough room to spread everything out if there aren't other cars in there.  I am bad at organizing but it's at least good enough where I know where everything is! Hah

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/31/24 8:59 a.m.

the shop, i could duplicate with money.

the skills, not so much.  next level plus.

thank you for sharing this process.

275nart
275nart Reader
1/31/24 11:24 a.m.

Haha appreciate it!  Stay tuned for more... probably still sticking to the plan of getting it running and driving after the doors are back on before proceeding with more panels. 

Piguin
Piguin Reader
2/1/24 4:02 a.m.

That looks magnificent

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
2/1/24 7:20 a.m.

Fabulous work!

275nart
275nart Reader
2/4/24 8:31 p.m.

Left side door is now complete!  And I was able to get some help to mount the right door.  Fit is really top notch.  

275nart
275nart Reader
2/8/24 8:33 a.m.

left door fitted up

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
2/8/24 9:11 a.m.

This is a remarkable build. Can't wait to see the car completed.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/8/24 11:55 a.m.

Do I recall from a previous post that the nose and the tail were 3D printed?

Pete

275nart
275nart Reader
2/8/24 12:50 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Do I recall from a previous post that the nose and the tail were 3D printed?

Pete

Pete, yes they were printed on a "massivit" 3d printer.  The resolution is low but that doesn't matter so much here. There is a bit of warping that gave a peak and two hollows on the center of the nose but that can be addressed when I get to making those panels.  

rdcyclist
rdcyclist HalfDork
2/8/24 1:31 p.m.

This is Amazing Work! Like everybody else here, I can hardly wait to see the result!

WaxhawFive5
WaxhawFive5
3/7/24 1:21 p.m.

I was googling around at 1800 subframe ideas and found this thread.  I live in Waxhaw, probably pretty close by.  This is inspiring work!  I promised my wife that I wouldn't do another "major" project after my last 510, so I'm enjoying reading about your journey.  I've always been tempted but nervously hesitant to try to learn the E-wheel, so it's great to watch your steep learning curve happening right on the screen.  Bravo!!!

275nart
275nart Reader
3/14/24 1:56 p.m.
WaxhawFive5 said:

I was googling around at 1800 subframe ideas and found this thread.  I live in Waxhaw, probably pretty close by.  This is inspiring work!  I promised my wife that I wouldn't do another "major" project after my last 510, so I'm enjoying reading about your journey.  I've always been tempted but nervously hesitant to try to learn the E-wheel, so it's great to watch your steep learning curve happening right on the screen.  Bravo!!!

Thank you!  I am just over the border, have some 1800 stuff left if you need anything?  I go to a lot of the Wxw Sunday car showsw.  I would absolutely look into a rack and pinion setup for that stock suspension or convert to an aftermarket front clip.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/14/24 2:05 p.m.

Waxhaw? And close to?

Im over in albemarle. 

We really need to do a get together at the oakboro cruise in or something. 

275nart
275nart Reader
3/22/24 5:41 p.m.

I am in Fort Mill.  Never been to the Oakboro cruise in but I've heard it's great!

Lsxdowant
Lsxdowant New Reader
3/26/24 11:05 p.m.

In reply to 275nart :

Incredible.

275nart
275nart Reader
4/5/24 6:59 p.m.

I have started on the intake and headers fabrication.  The intake is most of the way done aside from the throttle body area.

275nart
275nart Reader
4/5/24 7:04 p.m.

Fixture for headers

I'm trying my best to keep the runners equali(ish) length.  Starting on the toughest side to make everything else go easier!  Some mustang v6 headers and a honda turbo manifold donated themselves to the cause.  I had the flanges for the exhaust and the intake runner "plates" laser cut.   

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
4/5/24 9:21 p.m.

Again....wow!

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick Reader
4/5/24 10:56 p.m.

Amazing work, and in a bunch of different fields, from panel shaping to the engine fab stuff.  I'm really enjoying seeing updates, keep it up!

275nart
275nart Reader
4/6/24 8:43 a.m.

Thanks!  I will post more updates soon.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w7sfsBy4K85KjMYSdBzTJElNIlpkJxhiZHIzjjosSPnNH5oWoSwb102zvhTszntq