25 26 27
fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
9/17/24 10:22 a.m.
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) said:

Saw the pictures on your instagram so knew this post was coming, but so glad that you're safe and all equipment did its job! Can't wait to see the car back on stage

shameless plug for @midwestwankel

yeah I am really happy I chopped the floor to add more bars and halo seats a few years back. I'm getting more comfortable at driving how it should be so with that has come increased risk. 

Ceptwrench
Ceptwrench New Reader
9/20/24 1:35 a.m.

Finally read all 26 pages! Have been commenting on facebook but this seems like a better spot. 

I just got my rx7 and have the same aspirations. Start with some rallyx then move into something more serious! 

Its currently in quite good shape so want to get it a bit higher off the ground and take care of any weak links before I do too much damage to it! 

Wondering if you don't mind sharing some more suspension details with part numbers ideally as I'm quite new to dialing in suspension. Have experience doing engine swaps and lots of 4x4 work and welding but new to the world of racing. 

What springs have you settled on for front and rear? Seems like you've flipped between a few different rates and sizes. Also what shocks and valving on the bilsteins? Did you get an off the shelf set or did you have them custom valved?

I found a mazdaspeed coilover kit on ebay thats intrigueing, save me a bit of work and I'd have to purchase coilover sleeves anyways! Any reason you see not to use them?

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
9/20/24 8:57 a.m.

I'm running 250# on all 4 corners now. I run about 185 for winter events, maybe 200# 

https://streetwiseparts.com/products/bilstein-universal-motorsports-strut-46mm?srsltid=AfmBOoregZDyNGEu9clpkMRad5U9n7ikVzocTCD_3y65wtWOxyw9-8aI

these are the shocks im using, its an off the shelf valving and has a 6.8" stroke, I think its the 380/180 setup - Ill have to double check, they are stamped onto the part

the rears are bilstein 7100 series that have been modified for schrader valve for rebuilding, not sure on what valving they are either but its off the shelf stuff meant for circle track racers. overall its a decent setup and is very flexible to my needs since I run an array of events and I don't want to have a suspension for every kind of surface because of cost/effort.

any coiloverover kit will work as a start, I just don't know about whats inside. I went to two different shops to get the suspension upgraded because I had raised the rear shock towers ~4" too

25 26 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4KW91tVFvMU9SXXw71gVruRaq34j03ZnzsJLwPURDf56HKiv8IJ9joI4RBqDKe6y