1 2 3
markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/27/15 8:08 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

In my 4th post I mentioned the vega wheels. Some guys like them for performance. Kinda old school. In my initial post I mentioned that every piece will need touching. By that I'm saying exactly that. 2 of my engines were running when pulled but it's been so long I wouldn't assume anything. As for the 10k cars, anything old and British will need attention sooner rather than later and unless mint, and even then, I would assume will need attention. Hell, one of my most expensive purchases was my 76 911 which I bought in 93. Had 55k on the clock and a fully documented 9k engine rebuild 20k ago. I sent 5k on her in the first year. She simply hadn't been driven enough.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/27/15 8:15 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Didn't receive email. Maybe my link isn't working

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/27/15 8:16 a.m.

In reply to markwemple:

What would you like me to do about it?

Typically, if the links don't work, people give an alternative method to contact.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/27/15 9:11 a.m.

Came through. Response sent.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/27/15 9:44 a.m.

In reply to markwemple:

Response sent.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/27/15 9:48 a.m.

Having seen the car in person (when I picked up the lift a few weeks ago), I can only offer it needs to be cleaned up a bit, gotten off the stands and rolled outside for better pictures. I didn't really look at it all that closely - partly to keep me from considering it myself.

I know it sucks. I know it'll be a royal PITA and I also know you don't really want to part with it, but if you want to sell the car for anywhere near your asking price, it simply has to be done. Otherwise you risk selling it for far less in a "fire sale" (eBay auction with $1 starting bid, no reserve) if you find out you have to move NOW and can't take it with you. You're just presenting too little information for anyone to pay more than maybe a couple of thousand for the car.

Yes, nice Bugeyes sell for over $20K. We know that. Yours isn't nice and may need more than $20K in work to become nice again. Maybe it needs only $10K. We don't know. Nobody knows. Because the pictures presented don't give enough information.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/27/15 10:21 a.m.

By the pics, you can see I've made progress in getting stuff off of it so more informative shots can be taken. My original shots were of the worst of it so there'd be no surprises. The front floors and the bottom of the a-pillars, along with the jack points, need doing. I've also included shots of the replacement panels, good quality ones, that are included. Even the California car has rust in these areas. Now, if anyone wanted a really pristine early series 2 sprite, I knew of a 62 with extremely low mileage that was for sale due to a death of a friend. I can't tell you how much he sold it for but I can tell you he declined an offer from the healey museum for a price well north of 100k. This is also the most original sprite in the world. Jut look up "ol grey". BIff Jones was the owner RIP. Great guy and greatly missed.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/27/15 11:17 a.m.
markwemple wrote: By the pics, you can see I've made progress in getting stuff off of it so more informative shots can be taken. My original shots were of the worst of it so there'd be no surprises. The front floors and the bottom of the a-pillars, along with the jack points, need doing. I've also included shots of the replacement panels, good quality ones, that are included.

Again - you're missing the point. Those pictures seem obvious to you because you already know the car. Anyone else cannot really judge the car by those pictures alone. Like I said, I've seen the car and while I didn't really go over it with a fine-tooth comb, those pictures don't tell the whole story.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/29/15 3:26 p.m.

Had to create a new ad as I was having trouble updating pics. http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5098759261.html

This should be a little more informative.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
6/29/15 4:00 p.m.

Better, but the price still seems sketchy. How is Price related to engine or carb choice or spares? I'm still seeing a big price. huge project and unmotivated seller. Might fly with a long hood 911. Not as much with an old sprite. In the back of the current GRM there's a bugeye driver for under 9k.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/29/15 4:39 p.m.

In reply to oldtin:

Where are you seeing a cheap longhood. You can't even get a roller for under 10k and those are pure fred flinstone mobiles

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/29/15 4:41 p.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

What truck are you talking about? I had a diesel for sale a while back for about 7k or something. I sold it for 5.5k without the cap. Someone wanted pics so I took a few. I also updated the pics with cleaner ones. Didn't take months to sell.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
6/29/15 4:53 p.m.

In reply to oldtin:

There is a price gap between a 1275 and a 948. Some people want originality and others want hp. Same is true for carb size. Early BEs had riveted wheels and later ones were welded so, some guys want the original riveted ones and others want the much safer and reliable welded ones. Etc......

FWIW, I run my 58 without the heater assembly, wiper assembly and only seats and a steering wheel for the interior. Don't even keep a top with me when I'm driving. No bumpers either. All in the way of keeping weight down.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
6/29/15 5:29 p.m.

you mention several options that would change the price - but you do not specify how those options affect the price and by how much. For that matter, why not put together a full package of what it is you're trying to sell? If you're moving, why keep all the extra bits? I mentioned the porsche because it is a very hot, sellers' market where you can afford to be an ambivalent seller and collect a premium (and as a buyer, still have an expectation that you made a decent purchase) in contrast to a not-so-hot market for minimalist LBCs where you can readily buy running/driving examples for less cash outlay than it will take to put this on the road. If you really don't want to sell it, why waste the time listing it? If you are interested in selling it - make it clear what you have and what you want for it.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
8/19/15 9:26 a.m.

If anyone has an interest and has a smaller auto (wife won't drive stick, she knows how, just won't) let me know. I'd be interested in a trade. She's currently DDing the 'burban.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N9ytd9OYIwrxDNkeQkoMkZuiOoNDd0ZBQUEwXUQfZvIFM50ePHbuUmhSlDWpSNZs