akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
7/12/24 6:14 a.m.

Product photo of 1973 Volvo 142

SCCA ITB CURRENT or VINTAGE volvo " roller " race car condition: good make / manufacturer: volvo SCCA ITB CURRENT or VINTAGE volvo race car ..... with book volvo 144 - 142 ITB RACE CAR . this car was one of the VOLVOS FROM HELL raced in the midwest in the 1990's . Raced at Waterford , Mid Ohio , GRATTEN , Mosport Canada ,road Atlanta ,Lime rock and even the Toledo speedway . and others . it is a rear wheel drive and fun to drive , rather than the front wheel drive cars that you have to drive " backwards' . it may not be the fastest in this day an age but what the h... . i have kept this car for when i take up racing again , but as i pass 80 i may never . it is being offered for sale as a roller . but i have crates of spare parts . which are not included ((((( a roller does not have a engine or transmission )) it car was built " years ago " by a young engineer who now owns a company that makes parts for nuclear subs ... so it was built right . and not on as budget . this is a very solid car with a excellent roll cage this car is not beautiful so one should expect to re paint it and do at least a pre season build ,, like we did yearly . . we raced " volvos from hell" and won a lot of races all over the country , we were interested in going ( and stoping ,and turning faster than anybody else ) being pretty was not in our lexicon . so if your need a pretty car and want to race so if never faced the chance of getting scratched this ain't what you should but ) i the uninitiated may not comprehend , racing this thing 4 wide around turn one at mid ohio is 50 time the hoot than driving a Corvette , or the like , at 150 on i-75 . at least 50 times .

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
7/12/24 6:15 a.m.

Product photo of 1973 Volvo 142

I may take a look at this on my way home today.  Just because I'm curious.

hobiercr
hobiercr UberDork
7/12/24 6:42 a.m.

Link?

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
7/12/24 6:56 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
7/12/24 7:15 a.m.

Volvo vintage race cars are the smartest vintage race cars. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/12/24 7:38 a.m.

I used to see a black 142 wagon at Lime Rock, looked like a coffin pushing through traffic.

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
7/12/24 8:47 a.m.

Crack pipe price for what could be an awesome car.

dan0
dan0 Dork
7/12/24 9:00 a.m.
Racebrick said:

Crack pipe price for what could be an awesome car.

Yeah for $2500 you can get three VW former race cars in similar condition 

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
7/12/24 9:10 a.m.

In reply to Racebrick :

I agree, so I'll lowball him.  Mostly I want to check out the build.   I may have a spare 2.3 ford drivetrain to put in it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xAA5kwBx2DhrIDCdmciSw3NHA7TnlKOJyO1hQvVP02doZdHIexZwJZOGjYc2bzg6