Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/27/22 3:22 p.m.

I bought this back in April of 2018. After 4 years of just sitting in the barn I think it is time to sell it. 

1983 AE71 Corolla wagon. 
Doesn't run or start. 
Rear brakes might not be all there. 
It is a roller with rust, but also some good parts. 

I think that the front suspension and steering rack on these is supposed to be pretty similar to the AE86 Corollas. 

4AC and 5 speed manual 

Was told there was an issue with the shift fork when I bought it, I had it running a few years ago.

Something sounded "bad" when I got it running looking back now it could have been something grinding in the flywheel area.

Assume all tires need replaced, baby Supra wheels. 

Has some rust issues, there is bondo that was at one time covering up some of the rust issues so I don't know how deep the rust issues go.

One broken bolt in each of the hood hinges, so hood doesn't open the best. But will open. 

Interior is in nice shape overall. 

Price drop to $1,000. With me keeping the momo steering wheel.  Not really sure where to price this as there aren't many around here. 

located near Findlay Ohio. 

*edited to update price. 

4/27/22 3:31 p.m.

trendsetter
trendsetter New Reader
5/11/22 7:22 a.m.

if this was in florida id probably not be able to resist even with that rust.

good luck with sale, sir.

5/29/22 6:25 a.m.

Price drop to $1,000

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
5/29/22 8:49 a.m.

Oh, you're tempting me.

5/30/22 7:10 a.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

I really like this Corolla, but too many lined up projects for me. 

birdmayne
birdmayne Reader
5/30/22 11:27 a.m.

I'm very glad you aren't even remotely local to me. These have been on my "future build" list for a long time. I'd daily the heck out of this!

stan
stan UltraDork
6/2/22 9:35 p.m.

Any idea on parts-swapping with other Toyotas of that era? How about a best-guess on the no-start/run issue? (You're close enough to me to at least considering this as a project car for the summer...).

thanks

6/3/22 8:48 a.m.

In reply to stan :

I think front suspension and steering rack are similar to the AE86.  I am not sure about any other parts swapping. 

At one time I did get it to start right after I bought it. But it was making a bad nosies. Could have been engine, could have been something in the flywheel/clutch area. 

Someone was supposed to come and buy it on this past Wednesday night but he said that his truck broke down on the way.

He has since said that he will come this weekend to buy it. But is not the best about communication so I have some doubts. 

If you are interested I can let you know after this weekend if he comes to get it or not. 

I also have some other videos showing the amount of rust if you want me to send them to you. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
6/3/22 1:27 p.m.

Gonna send this to my neighbor, he might be interested.

stan
stan UltraDork
6/3/22 3:31 p.m.
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to stan :

I think front suspension and steering rack are similar to the AE86.  I am not sure about any other parts swapping. 

At one time I did get it to start right after I bought it. But it was making a bad nosies. Could have been engine, could have been something in the flywheel/clutch area. 

Someone was supposed to come and buy it on this past Wednesday night but he said that his truck broke down on the way.

He has since said that he will come this weekend to buy it. But is not the best about communication so I have some doubts. 

If you are interested I can let you know after this weekend if he comes to get it or not. 

I also have some other videos showing the amount of rust if you want me to send them to you. 

Yes, keep me in the loop and I always appreciate videos.  -thanks

6/4/22 8:22 a.m.
6/4/22 8:25 a.m.
stan
stan UltraDork
6/4/22 12:56 p.m.

Thanks! 

Man I hate rust.....angry