petegossett
petegossett PowerDork
2/22/15 9:50 a.m.

In reply to markwemple:

Not through winter salt!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
2/22/15 10:47 a.m.

Pete, if you really want the car but don't want to drive it home until Spring, ping me and we can work something out. I can store it for a couple of months for a GRMer if that means I don't get the full Ebay experience again.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
2/22/15 10:53 a.m.

In reply to petegossett:

Good point

petegossett
petegossett PowerDork
2/22/15 12:13 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim:

I appreciate it Tim, but the reality is I don't have any long-term indoor storage for it, and while I probably could flip it out here after enjoying it for a while, it's a lot of trouble & expense to go through for a "maybe".

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/1/15 2:38 p.m.

Put me on your radar. I miss my CRX.

If I get my new job (which could happen soon), I might be up for a fly-n-drive.

But don't wait on me if you get an offer.

I wish you were a little closer...

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
3/3/15 9:25 a.m.

Is it really $2600? I think this is a sweet car. Always loved the first generation crx. Maybe a good father son project for my soon to be teenager? Carson city is far from Massachusetts. Road trip?! Capable?

Chris

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/3/15 10:33 a.m.

$2600 is in the same range as I paid for mine. Too bad Tim couldn't get more, but there just doesn't seem to be a high end to the CRX market at the moment.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
3/3/15 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

Yeah, $2600 to a GRMer...

I use it as a backup DD for times like these when the 996 is in the shop, plus I'd happily hop into it and take it on a 400+ mile round trip to the Bay Area at any given time so I don't see why it wouldn't make it across the country when driven sympathetically.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
3/3/15 2:25 p.m.

How often is your 996 in the shop? I've had 2 emergencies, a coil failed and an alternator. Both kept me down 1 day. Other than that, scheduled maintenance.

Still wishing I could find a way to get your car.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
3/3/15 6:34 p.m.

Well, it's currently been in the shop for at least two weeks (with another two-ish weeks to go on the engine refurb), it's been in the shop for a week shortly after I got it for the catch-up maintenance and it's been in the shop for the collapsed camchain tensioners for a few days.

All in less than six months' ownership.

As to finding a way to get the car, Southwest flies into Reno several times a day .

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
3/20/15 1:26 p.m.

Sold...

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
3/20/15 2:01 p.m.

Cool deal!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
3/20/15 3:19 p.m.

hope it went to a good home