clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
11/6/13 5:57 p.m.

NMNA

I just wanted to make Swank and the rest of the GD chassis mafia or whatever you call yourselves drool

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4165537368.html

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
11/6/13 5:59 p.m.

Holy E36 M3 snacks

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/7/13 8:30 a.m.

I wonder if this is the same one that's sold twice in the last 5 years....

Cool car, though.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/7/13 8:36 a.m.

Actually. berkeley it.

Someone buy my MSM. I want this.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
11/7/13 9:50 a.m.

That rocks.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/7/13 9:51 a.m.

I do like that.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
11/7/13 11:25 a.m.

I dig the Schlitz sponsor stickers.

Is SCCA provenance really worth ~$3500 on an obscure car like this?

turboswede
turboswede UltimaDork
11/7/13 11:33 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

How much?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/7/13 12:15 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote: I dig the Schlitz sponsor stickers. Is SCCA provenance really worth ~$3500 on an obscure car like this?

These things are far more than just a roll cage thrown at a stock-ish car. There's a lot of things i'd throw out/update, but they have a full, and i mean FULL custom suspension.

I don't find the $6500 asking price offensive. These were $100k race cars.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/7/13 12:15 p.m.
turboswede wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: How much?

$13k for quick sale.

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
11/7/13 7:52 p.m.

Years ago I built a cage in one of those so a fellow racer could go Showroom stock A racing with it. One month later SCCA cancelled the class, and fellow racer was left scrambling for a ride. She ended up buying an overpriced Neon SSC and sold the MX6 to a used car dealer who cut out the cage and installed new carpets and door panels. Oh snap, wait a minute, that wasn't an MX6 it was a Prelude. My bad. Either they all look the same or I'm getting old.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltraDork
11/7/13 11:45 p.m.

Sold! To me.

No, not really. That is a sweet ride, though.

lenhart06
lenhart06 New Reader
12/7/13 7:46 a.m.

I was just about to post my MX-6 GT race car to the open classifieds when I notice someone already posted a link to my craigslist ad. Interesting reading some of the comments. I've been in contact with "Swank Force One", did you sell the Miata yet? I've owned this car since 2008. Last race was 2010 SCCA June Sprints National at Road America where I finished 4th out 16 cars in my class in a very strange race that had more full course yellows then green flag laps. I recently located an in-car video of a c6 Vette that

lenhart06
lenhart06 New Reader
12/7/13 8:08 a.m.

Oops. Wrong button. Anyways, this was during my last race with the car and I pass him at 1:53 and 4:24 on the video.
www.vimeo.com/12941616

The car is far from stock. Alcon 4 piston aluminum calipers in front. Willwoods in back Vented disk front and rear Brake bias adjuster Tilton aluminum pedal assembly with master cylinders mounted under the composite dash Heim joints on suspension for easy adjustments Camber plates front and rear Custom down pipe to turbo. Fuel cell with 3 fuel pumps 3 piece panasport wheels Set of enkei rfp1's with rain tires Full fire system Sparco seat Detachable momo wheel Custom cage HKS boost controller Bilstein coil overs Custom sway bars Car is extremely stiff!!! Boxes full of spares, including spare ECU, turbo, trans in parts, drive shafts, steering racks, gaskets. Down pipe , etc.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Ian Lenhart 414-719-2043 Lenhart06@yahoo.com

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
12/7/13 7:51 p.m.

Cool. I hope you can stick around. There are a few people here who are quite enthusiastic about those cars.

Could I ask what originally drew you to purchase that car? Did you have any history with them before then?

I hope SFO can get it.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/7/13 8:03 p.m.

It's unlikely to happen for me. The msm seems to be that car that everyone says they envy, but nobody wants to pony up and even make an offer.

Which is killing me inside. I've never wanted a car more than I want this one.

Ian, go ahead and make an ad here, you'll get more exposure.

I'd also be interested in more pictures of... everything.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
12/7/13 9:25 p.m.

In reply to lenhart06:

Curious about this from the "vintage" point of view... Is the car really old enough to run with any organizations, or does its history allow it to run?

If not, how difficult would it be to make it legal again on a regional-level with SCCA?

Interested in the car, but I'd like to know what it would take to be able to use it for more than just track-days.

Thanx,

Will

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
12/7/13 9:41 p.m.

I have a bunch of pictures I can post of what I think is the same car with some different stickers. I think they may have been taken before his ownership.

I'll post them and if Ian wants me to take them down, I'll take them down. Or he can let us know if it's not his car, or what has been changed, maybe.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
12/7/13 9:44 p.m.

lenhart06
lenhart06 New Reader
12/8/13 8:14 a.m.

I have SCCA log book for STU "Super Touring Under". This is a current regional and national SCCA class that has National Championship Runoffs Status.
Many vintage clubs in the past few years has allowed cars up to 1989 to participate in run groups. Being that it has IMSA pro series history, I 'my sure most vintage clubs will make exceptions even if they don't have a 1989 cut off date . Check with your local club. VSCDA is my local club and I'm pretty sure it is good to go with SVRA.

Ian

lenhart06
lenhart06 New Reader
12/8/13 9:18 a.m.

"Could I ask what originally drew you to purchase that car? Did you have any history with them before then?"

Just a Mazda fan. Friend of mine had a 626 hatch GT back in the day I thought was cool. I mix it up a bit. I've raced mostly Formula Fords over the years, but added variety with some tin tops. Bunch of ITB rabbits, ITA CRX si, a spec miata build I never completed, and this car. I have to say, I really enjoyed racing the Mx6 because It was less about being as competitive and serious for me, and more about having fun at the track and just drive it. Ironically, with no expectations, my results were amazing.
It's a fun car to drive. This car is stiff and responsive. I remember parking the car on a uneven surface and someone noticed my rear wasn't even touching the ground. Blasting up the straight at Road America with turbo is really cool. The reason I'm selling is because I have a 5 and 7 year that are really serious about karting. If you know anything about kid karts, top flight comer c-50 (think weed wacker engines) go for $1600+.

Ian

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
12/8/13 11:58 a.m.

Cool! If you click on my name, you can view my "garage." You'll see my '86 626 turbo coupe, '87 626 turbo sedan, '88 626 turbo sedan, '89 MX6 turbo, and '93 RX-7.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/8/13 12:09 p.m.

"Lee's Hoagie House - Horsham, PA"

Local SE PA chain... there's one a few miles from me.

Cool car. GLWS. Having seen what SVRA will let run with them at Watkins Glen, I agree it's unlikely they'd turn it away.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltraDork
12/10/13 12:54 p.m.

I still have disquieting dreams about making this into a stage rally car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vuAtSk0HxkJx1zVW3SP7tlt1FMwaj1xw8SwLPW3jY1S0tvMQRrs6XOeCx7dn7GKo