Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/16/20 4:54 p.m.

I know there are a few fans of these on here so I'll cross-post my CL ad:

Social distance in style!

The time has come to part with my Land Cruiser. I had wanted to play with one of these for years and finally got the opportunity to buy this one last year. It has been my daily driver for the past couple of months and has treated me very well, but my wife is pregnant and I should sell a couple of toys. It is totally stock with the exception of some nice Old Man Emu shocks (front and rear), 285/75/16 BF Goodrich All-Terrian T/A KO2 tires, and an aftermarket stereo.

The Good:
- NO ROT: These things tend to rust like it is their job. This one hasn't. There's one spot of surface rust under the rear window. This is visible in the photo. I've also found no rust-through when working under it.
- NEW rear brake pads, rotors, and a caliper
- NEW front exterior door handles
- Near mint cloth interior
- Reliable as an anvil. Maybe two anvils.
- Front axle service and brakes done ~40k ago by the dealership with paperwork to prove it.
- Locking center diff and full-time 4x4. No, this one doesn't have the expensive lockers on both ends, but I've certainly never been able to get it stuck. You can try after you've bought it.

What's it need?
- Slight exhaust repair - There's a small leak around the catalytic converter flange. This is causing an intermittent Check Engine Light and makes a little extra noise. It isn't bad, but it exists and I thought I should mention it.
- One of the rear power windows doesn't work. I didn't care because the rest do and the giant sunroof is awesome.
- A/C doesn't blow cold.
- A door speaker is missing. This one I can't explain. It was like this when I bought it.
- The hood is bent from a front-end bump that occurred years ago. It still opens and closes fine (both latching positions), but it is bent. This is visible in the photos.
- It has dings and scratches commensurate with age and mileage, but nothing out of the ordinary aside from the hood bend.

This truck is ready to take you anywhere and needs very little to be perfected. I've had my fun-- now you can have yours.

Text messages and emails preferred (because I am still working), but voicemails will be replied to as soon as possible. Touched surfaces can be cleaned with Clorox wipes before and after a test drive-- No need to catch the 'rona just because you wanted a cool new truck.

You can see the rest of the pics and whatnot in the ad here. GRM price adjusted accordingly.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
4/16/20 5:58 p.m.

Do want. Trade you a (non-structurally) rusty but entertaining C900 with some (many?) issues and a rebuilt cylinder head?

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/16/20 6:03 p.m.
02Pilot said:

Do want. Trade you a (non-structurally) rusty but entertaining C900 with some (many?) issues and a rebuilt cylinder head?

Absolutely, so long as it also includes $4000 cash.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
4/16/20 6:49 p.m.
Powar (Forum Supporter) said:
02Pilot said:

Absolutely, so long as it also includes $4000 cash.

Let me check in the ashtray and under the seats....

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/16/20 7:32 p.m.

Man, this is nice. Its extremely well priced too.

I don't need another car, but I'll keep an eye on this. If it was an FZJ80 I would have bought it already. very tempting though. Do you need it picked up right away after payment?

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/16/20 8:01 p.m.
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:

Man, this is nice. Its extremely well priced too.

I don't need another car, but I'll keep an eye on this. If it was an FZJ80 I would have bought it already. very tempting though. Do you need it picked up right away after payment?

It is an FZJ80.

And yeah. I'd like it to leave within the next couple of weeks. Someone is supposed to drive up from Nashville to look at it tomorrow. I'll keep this updated.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/17/20 4:30 p.m.
Powar (Forum Supporter) said:
And yeah. I'd like it to leave within the next couple of weeks. Someone is supposed to drive up from Nashville to look at it tomorrow. I'll keep this updated.

Nashville guy didn't show up, but I have three on the hook to look tomorrow. I'd forgotten how much I (don't) enjoy this process. Slippery.... come on up. It is what you said you'd buy. :p

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
4/17/20 6:48 p.m.

Can confirm. This is a clean truck and drives nice. Somebody is getting a good deal.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
4/17/20 7:01 p.m.

If anyone has any sense, they'll buy this thing on the spot tomorrow.  If it's somehow available after this weekend, I'll throw my hat in the ring and talk to my bank.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/19/20 8:01 a.m.
Powar (Forum Supporter) said

Nashville guy didn't show up, but I have three on the hook to look tomorrow. I'd forgotten how much I (don't) enjoy this process. Slippery.... come on up. It is what you said you'd buy. :p

That was the liquor talking.  

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/19/20 8:54 a.m.

It is still here. People are still asking 74 questions and no one has showed up to look. I'm honestly surprised, despite the state of the world.

John Welsh (Forum Supporter)
John Welsh (Forum Supporter) Mod Squad
4/19/20 9:00 a.m.
Tactical Penguin said:

If anyone has any sense, they'll buy this thing on the spot tomorrow.  If it's somehow available after this weekend, I'll throw my hat in the ring and talk to my bank.

If considering talking to a bank then maybe talk to PenFed.  They would be good for this because they do not have an age limit on what they will borrow on.  Their main point seems to be that they will lend 110% of NADA book price.  For me, as detailed here, I bought a Prius for like $5,800 and borrowed $7,000 from PenFed and even the $7k was still under NADA book at the time.  

I checked and NADA gives a 1994 LC a retail value range of $6,600 low end and $23,200 high end.  

Rant: OMG, is the NADA website horrible.  Not for it ability to give such a vague range but rather its desire to try to sell you something rather than provide the info you're really looking for.  

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
4/19/20 6:32 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh (Forum Supporter) :

I was considering taking out a personal loan from my credit union just in case the Yukon didn't sell soon so I didn't miss out on this beauty.  I'll compare rates on penfed too!

Is there an easy button for fly/train and drive or should I just bite the bullet and find someone who's up for about 18 hours of round trip driving?  

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/20/20 7:55 a.m.

Sale pending and should be completed tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll update the thread either way.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
4/20/20 3:06 p.m.

In reply to Powar (Forum Supporter) :

I would love to take this off your hands, but not sure how realistic a fly and drive would be at the moment.  :(

russde (Forum Supporter)
russde (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/20/20 3:34 p.m.
Sil80redtop said:

In reply to Powar (Forum Supporter) :

I would love to take this off your hands, but not sure how realistic a fly and drive would be at the moment.  :(

Exactly, I would have jumped on this when first posted if a reasonable way to get from TX to KY was available

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/21/20 1:08 p.m.

Paid in full and gone on a trailer. Thanks for the interest, gents!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
4/21/20 1:17 p.m.

Forum member buy it ?

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/21/20 1:20 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Forum member buy it ?

Nope. It sold for nearly the full public asking price to someone who saw it on CL. He sent a friend with a truck and trailer up here from the Huntsville area to pick it up this morning.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GAzm0sR9ml9Lt3981f41Cg37TK7zp6Z8rHSwihpx0nhq4nDr9hQk4KDYTYu5aOW4