SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
7/5/24 9:56 a.m.

I'll keep this post as short as I can and will be happy to expand for anyone who has interest.  It's a '99 5spd with about 125k on the chassis and maybe 50k on the motor.  Everything works great, including ice cold AC.  Has an aftermarket roll bar.  I had it at the track once, The Firm in February.  It was amazeballs.  Flaws:  The light behind the odometer is out, so you can only read it in direct sunlight.  The glass rear window adhesive just failed last week.  I bought the proper stuff from 3M but haven't attempted it yet, I'm not a great body guy.  

Here are the details I can expand on if someone is seriously interested.  The car is reported to have been owned previously by Driven Motor Oil and used as a platform to show the quality of their oil.  They bought it with a dead (IMS) engine.  Put a fully built, IMS done, motor in and drove it around the country.  That was 6-8 years ago.  I'm still digging to find absolute concrete proof, but everything I know so far lines up perfectly with that information. I got the car from a very well off PCA member in Florida.  

I'm $13k into it, will take $12k from GRM family.

7/5/24 10:06 a.m.

7/13/24 5:42 p.m.

Open to offers from GRM family.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/13/24 8:58 p.m.

Any mods or is it stock other than the IMS?

7/14/24 7:32 a.m.

Yes.  I'm on the road at the moment, so I don't have access to everything. The motor mounts were changed when the engine went in. Urethane, I believe. Suspension is also upgraded. Not harsh at all, just a little better body control.  The car is basically prepared for a track day, without sacrificing daily driver and ability. Aftermarket touch screen radio, with awesome backup camera.

Sorry that's vague, I'll look for the nitty gritty specifics when I get home.

Here's the engine serial number 

8/2/24 9:59 a.m.

Sorry, I couldn't find the specifics on my computer.  I've hardly been home.... hence why I'm selling it.  I'm now on the road for a month straight.  I know it's not on coilovers.  I'll see if I can get my son to peek underneath it.  

Here's an excerpt from the PCA article about it...

In cooperation with LN Engineering and Flat 6

Innovations, Driven Racing Oil purchased a

1999 Porsche 986 that had suffered an IMS

bearing failure. The engine was removed, and

Driven purchased a replacement 2.5 liter M96

engine from SSF Auto Parts. The RND engine

features an IMS Retrofit replacement IMS

bearing and Nickies cylinders with factory

rings and pistons from LN Engineering. Flat 6

Innovations installed the RND engine in the

vehicle and performed a complete mechanical

inspection. The stock oil filter and drain plug

were replaced with a Mann-Hummel filter and

LN Engineering Magnetic Drain Plug for these

tests. All of the fluids in the vehicle were

drained and replaced with Driven Racing Oil

products where appropriate. The power

steering fluid was replaced with Driven PSF.

The gear oil was replaced with Driven LS75W.

Figure I'll bump this one more time before I bite the bullet and have the top replaced.  Throw me a reasonable offer.

8/14/24 8:32 a.m.

Alternatively does anyone have experience with top repair?  I've called a few shops and they say the window can't be put back in, the top has to be replaced.  I'm moving fairly soon and would prefer not to transport it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/14/24 8:37 a.m.

Ok super random but- HOW many Boxsters have you owned? Every time I turn around you have another one for sale lol

8/14/24 11:34 a.m.

It's my third, I absolutely love them.  About to move to Florida and the herd has to be thinned.  If this one doesn't sell before the others, I'll be thrilled to keep it.  I don't want to rent storage.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
8/15/24 7:15 a.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

A customer referred me to 

This was on a 1969 Gto. I have not used them yet. 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
8/15/24 11:47 a.m.

I'm still interested in the roll bar extension if you want to part with it

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sG3hZgNrikZ7mVCDraABBJGKxpFixav4NJgf1XMG3c5qdMVNtIBWF1QQ1PCWKQ3g