JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/27/14 2:00 p.m.

Ok, some of you may remember this one. I went to check it out for another board member, wasn't what he wanted but I ended up buying it to be my road vehicle for the Saints 2 Sinners rally.

I ended up putting way more money and effort into it than expected but on the upside I trust it enough that I'm driving it to Vegas and back. With that in mind I leave Tuesday (the 1st) for S2S.

I'll arrive in Rolla, MO by the 2nd

Tulsa, OK the 3rd

Amarillo Tx the 4th

Albuquerque NM the 5th

Flagstaff AZ the 6th

Vegas the 7th

I leave Vegas the 8th and follow the same path but accelerated timeline back to NJ. If anyone here is interested in owning this car you could check it out on my trip out and own it on my way back (you gotta drop me at an airport though)

About the car. Its a real LX Sport with all the goodies that entails (center console shift, leather interior, 17" wheels, etc)

In the last 6 months all new:

Upper and lower balljoints, drag link, lower control arms and bushings, inner and outer tie rods ends, sway bar end links (all suspension parts Moog or TRW, no cheap crap)

Front shocks, front brakes, pads and rotors

All components related to the EGR (chasing a code, gone now) :)

New timing chain guides and tensioners.

New starter

a few other bits and pieces, but bottom line if it was broke, I fixed it.

THE BAD

exhaust leak, passenger side around the manifold. you can hear it on accelration, I havent gone chasing it further.

body is far from perfect, she has 120k of dings scrapes etc.

Heck, apply the above all around, it runs good, I trust it, but its no show car or beauty queen.

Unless there is a firm or semi firm deal in place I will be driving it out on a set of steel cop car wheels with good tires. If a deal is in place I'll leave the Sport wheels on. If you buy it on the cop wheels you can still get the sport wheels, we just need to figure out how that happens.

I like this car a lot, it's sold me on the platform. Enough so that I'm selling it to help pay for a Marauder. Otherwise, I'll keep this one, its been great, I drive it more often than my Fiat these days as my DD and I don't need to be rid of it.

Posting it now just in case someone on the route wanted it so we could save all that "if it was only closer" stuff and get the car closer :)

I'm in it for just over $4000, its going to pay some of that back on this trip so offers 3.5k and above are what I'm looking for.

Missing center cap has been replaced

Email jim at misfittoysracing dot com or text me while Im out on the road 856-777-TOYS (8697)

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/27/14 2:05 p.m.

Oh, car may or may not have vinyl graphics from the rally on it when you see it.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/28/14 6:11 p.m.

Ok, car still for sale but probably NOT making the trip above now. As some tool decided to rear end my Abarth and it's going in the shop and they are giving me a shiny fresh rental car that gets better fuel economy than the Crown Vic and hey why not put the miles on someone else's car.

If someone along the route was seriously interested I'd still be willing to bring it but it's gotta be more than a tire kicking session. Got a local buyer waiting for me to get back in town right now.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
7/11/14 3:08 p.m.

Back home now, selling, trading, you tell me, time to shake the fleet up so make offers ;)

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
7/15/14 7:48 a.m.

Sale Pending.

Now who's got a nice Marauder to sell me ;)

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
7/18/14 10:50 a.m.

Hey... you work at Botto's!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
7/18/14 8:33 p.m.
axeman_g wrote: Hey... you work at Botto's!

?? Nope, dont even know what Botto's is

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GsswjaJPsvdb4lT7UcdAC8pDHsKhqXtmxuoh5RYyx3qygYgFEEpwVCbWMKF1VEjs