1 2
BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
6/12/23 8:28 p.m.

2002 Mazda Miata, five-speed stickshift, turbocharged. Rare "Vivid Yellow" - 1 of 239 made, but only about 15 or 16 with the black interior and without the tacky "Tupperware" body kit, so pretty rare. Neat car!

Really nice shape. Sport Suspension base car. Power windows, black interior, factory fog lights. Lots of fun!

Great driver, like Miatas are, and the turbo gives it the oomph to make it lots more fun. Intelligent upgrades keep it usable and add to the driving enjoyment. Air conditioning works great, factory CD stereo, power antenna, etc.

Great for cruising around, long trips, cars and coffee, autocross, track days - you name it! I'm not well-known on this forum but both the car and I have references, if that's helpful.

About 139,700 miles. Adult-owned and driven. Not tracked or raced (by me, at least). Some spare parts including original Bilsteins and springs, updated stereo head unit (not installed), and brand new factory mudflaps (painted yellow), oil filters, light bulbs, etc.

Good things:
Matching yellow OEM factory hardtop
Flyin' Miata Voo Doo II turbo system with intercooler
Stage 1 V-Maxx coilovers with extended front springs
Griffin Radiator
Porterfield R4S brake pads
Hard Dog double diagonal roll bar
949 Racing dark bronze 15x8 wheels with 205/50R15 performance Yokohama tires
Racing Beat Power Pulse dual muffler
new FM Level 1 clutch (fewer than 2000 miles)
new FM high flow cat and midpipe (fewer than 2000 miles)
FM Oil filter relocation kit
New Interstate AGM battery 8/2021
Custom undertray to fit intercooler
FM Turbo hush kit on intake with K&N-type air filter.
Robbins Convertible top (black) with glass rear window
Upgraded headlight bulbs
Upgraded LED front turn signals for daytime running lights and the 'flasher' effect when signaling
Hidden Hitch for bike rack

Is it perfect? Nope. It'd be on Bring A Trailer for $50K if it was! I'd say it wants new tires and it might need a new front engine seal.

A unique, cool, fun car you can enjoy driving that won't let you down. Email with questions, etc. Clean title, available now.

Asking $13,900 with spares, original suspension, factory hardtop, convertible cover, tonneau cover, etc.

Car is in Longmont, Colorado. Will happily assist out of town buyer. Happy to provide additional pictures, video, etc.  Many more pictures at www.tinyurl.com/forsalemiata

Contact  Information:
BoulderG2003@yahoo.com
Text 720-491-1924

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
6/13/23 9:30 a.m.

Hmm, fairly local to me.  How's it get thru smog testing on the Front Range here?

BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
6/13/23 9:42 a.m.

Hi docwyte,

Short Version: disconnected the wastegate, safety-wired it open for the test, and it passed with a wide margin.

Happy to share the IM240 test page. Results were:
HC  0.3597  Limit  0.600
CO  0.2933  Limit  15.00
CO2   316.1296   (No limit stated)
NOx GPM  0.3830   Limit 1.500

If buyer is Colorado Front Range, I'll provide a fresh emissions test (not just the law, but a good idea).

(I think we know each other from NASA about 10-15 years ago? You ran a 944? I had an Rx-7.)

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/13/23 9:58 a.m.

One note - the Voodoo II turbo system is now known as the Stage 1. It's 50 state legal, although I'd have to check to see if we can legally provide an EO sticker for this one. Emissions should not be a concern even with the wastegate connected, but disconnecting the wastegate does prevent the car from going through the boost transition if the tech driving the car isn't terribly smooth.

With that muffler and the hush kit, it's probably a pretty restrained car from the noise side of things.

I've known BoulderG for a long time. I've slept at his house. I've helped him carry a ludicrously large piece of scrap lumber through the streets of Boulder on the off chance he could use it for something interesting. I've chased him around the track.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/13/23 10:14 a.m.

That thing is NIIIICCCEEEE! 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/13/23 12:38 p.m.

For no other reason than it's a good memory, this is BoulderG in the formula car as I was doing shakedown on the original four-cylinder version of the Targa Miata. I thought my speed compared to him was pretty good until he mentioned he'd been doing a no-braking exercise. That's from 2008.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
6/13/23 2:44 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

If you could get a EO sticker that'd be pretty damn cool.  Boulder, I'll drop you an email...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/13/23 3:49 p.m.

I'll have to look at the specs of the Voodoo Box that's in the car, I think it's an older adjustable unit based on what BoulderG is calling the turbo kit. We might have to swap it out for the current non-adjustable part. But you don't need an EO sticker unless you live in CA, it's certainly not needed in CO.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
6/13/23 11:24 p.m.

If you were at the FM Summer camp this past weekend. I should have looked over the one that was there. I do not remember that yellow one having a for sale sign on it. I would have looked her over. 

BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
6/13/23 11:33 p.m.

I wasn't able to attend the FM Summer Camp this year, so the car wasn't there. I did see a couple yellow ones in the pictures I saw.

Possible TMI - I first went to FM Summer Camp when it was still the Dealer Alternative and they had several years of "Grand Openings" in the late 1990s, with my 1992 Sunburst Yellow cars.  Here's a (posed) photo of me dumpster-diving at Flyin' Miata Summer Camp in 2000!

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
6/14/23 1:50 p.m.

I'm taking a look at it this Saturday....

mikeonabikesmith
mikeonabikesmith New Reader
6/14/23 3:48 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Good. As another Colorado guy I'd love to see it off the market so that I'm no longer tempted. Enjoy

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/14/23 4:22 p.m.

In reply to mikeonabikesmith :

Ie "you buy I so I don't have to" 

:)

Good car at a great price. I know who bought and installed the turbo system. I've slept at his house as well, but there were no scrap lumber shenanigans. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/14/23 4:54 p.m.

This is already a great example of a tastefully modified NB, but then you add in the fact the big "Miata Flyer" himself, Keith Tanner, is speaking on the car, the mods, the installer and the current owner. That adds big value to me. 

GRM ROCKS!

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
6/14/23 10:03 p.m.

Kinda sad this wasn't for sale when I bought my NB.  I love a yellow vert.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
6/15/23 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

LOL.  I'm happy to take donations from people, so I can buy it and help them out.  cheeky

nickt93
nickt93 New Reader
6/15/23 8:57 a.m.

Looks like a nice car and a great deal.  GLWS!

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
6/15/23 11:46 a.m.

Good thing Doc is quick on the draw...I was half-tempted to make plans for a fly-and-drive back to NY.  Crisis averted!

6/15/23 8:47 p.m.

Doc doesn't fit in a Miata though.  Apparently, he forgot that,

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
6/16/23 9:53 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Oh, I haven't forgotten.  I'm bringing my helmet with me and I've talked with BoulderG about it.  Sent him a pic of me in the last miata I had in fact.  Not sure if this one will be any different with the hard top or not....

6/16/23 4:10 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Buy it!  And then let me know in a few years when you decide it's not a fit.  Maybe I can get a car sold by then :p.

LarsBrunkhorst
LarsBrunkhorst New Reader
6/26/23 3:28 p.m.

Shot you a text, is this still up for grabs? 

Super interested!

BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
6/26/23 3:31 p.m.

Just responded, Lars. Yes, it's still available. Thanks.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
6/27/23 9:33 a.m.

I saw and drove this in person.  It's in *really* nice shape.  Seriously, with the exception of the slight wear on the drivers seat, you'd think it had 100k less miles than what the odometer is showing.  It drives nicely, pulls well.  It's not what I'd consider to be overly powerful or fast but it's eager and performs very nicely.  At sea level I suspect it'd have even more in it.

I want to want it but just don't fit in it and it's too nice for me to install a drop floor in and take to the track.  If I had a bunch of extra space and money I'd buy it just to have to use around town here and there....

BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
6/27/23 3:39 p.m.

Thanks, docwyte.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vzq3vm6b2b8dJUnYFQ8n9EigQaEFNbZnNFPJGg4yzdqQeKFTotLEvuq1UNzDgU1X