XLR99
XLR99 Dork
2/16/20 10:01 a.m.

Just noticed this in my 'Standard Shift Under $3k" search.

Temp tag is a bummer, but it looks like a clean car.

525i

Craigslist guy sez:

2003 525i M-Sport - Drivers Car! 5 sp Manual transmission and upgraded M-Sport suspension makes this car a very fun ride for real drivers. Higher mileage but runs and drives perfectly. BMW's M25 engine is virtually bulletproof. The engine and drivetrain are all in great operating condition as are brakes and electronic systems. Interior is also in good shape and completely functional. Digital displays and power seats all function properly.

Clean Ohio eCheck in hand. Clean Ohio title.

As pictured. No trades - cash only. Please text or voicemail message with any inquiries and I'll respond as quickly as I can. Thank you!

Edit: To avoid confusion - this is a 525i with M-Sports package - not an M5. See: mdecoder.com and enter the last 7 digits of this car's VIN GF43504 and you will see that it is equipped with "M-Sports" extras ...

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/16/20 10:02 a.m.

...ANOTHER '03 M-Sport 5er?

XLR99
XLR99 Dork
2/16/20 10:22 a.m.

What did I miss? 

Same one being re-sold over and over?

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/16/20 10:26 a.m.

In reply to XLR99 :

golfduke bought one from one of my customers last year, although his is a 540/6.

XLR99
XLR99 Dork
2/16/20 10:43 a.m.

Ah, gotcha. Thought I was missing something. Not unusual for me

Campbelljj
Campbelljj New Reader
2/16/20 2:53 p.m.

I’ve done worse for $2,200

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
2/16/20 3:23 p.m.

I don't even mind the temp tag. Could mean he bought a lemon and is dumping it, could mean he's a flipper who pays his taxes.  I get that it means he's probably not got much history to share.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/16/20 3:44 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

If it has a valid E-check, the only reason to not get a real plate is to avoid spending $58.   E-check is done on even and odd years by vehicle model year, and an E-check is only good for one year.  It could go either way if it is coasting on last year's test certificate or if the guy just bought the car (also need it when registering a new car)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WWSz6F3tj7lUTV6TVTtinNJeARtOvCxItBUJbEZPU37dsBFtueFtSdt4VL8aCImW