driver95
driver95 New Reader
3/11/24 8:30 p.m.

It's time to move my project along. My priorities have shifted and I can no longer keep this car. I was planning to turn this into a track car. 6 speed manual, 198k miles, typical interior sagging issues. I rebuilt the driveshaft, replaced the oil filter housing gasket, fixed a couple other odds and ends, and the CCV system. I don't really know how to price this, I put it up for 4500 but the GRM discount applies if anyone is interested. 

2004 BMW 330CI 1

Craigslist posting: 2004 bmw 330ci for sale by owner - Wake Forest, NC - craigslist

driver95
driver95 New Reader
3/15/24 8:23 p.m.

Based on the overwhelming response, I'd say I priced it too high. Maybe $3500? Forgot to mention there is no rust on this anywhere I could find.

Grecobeemer
Grecobeemer New Reader
3/17/24 9:39 a.m.

I love my e46, and yours look well taken care of; but I remember VANOS being pricey. Was the potential VANOS issue diagnosed by a shop? Just curious.

driver95
driver95 New Reader
3/17/24 3:40 p.m.

In reply to Grecobeemer :

I suspect it needs to be done because I get a weird rpm dip when cold and blipping the throttle, and I have no record of it being done. I don't think it needs the expensive solenoids just seals so parts probably in the $200-300 range. 

alphahotel
alphahotel New Reader
3/17/24 7:47 p.m.

What makes this a project car?  I see the flaky paint on the front bumper, you mentioned "typical interior sagging issues", possible VANOS and cooling system refresh.  Is there anything else?  I am looking for a fun car, not a daily driver.  I am not looking for a major project, but do not mind putting some work and/or money into my fun car.

Does it have heated seats?

driver95
driver95 New Reader
3/17/24 7:53 p.m.

In reply to alphahotel :

My plan was to go through all the maintenance items and then take it to the track. Part of making this chassis track ready is to secure the oil pump nut and reinforce the subframe. This car runs well and drives great, and the more I think about it the more I don't want to let it go.

No heated seats either.

driver95
driver95 New Reader
3/19/24 9:29 p.m.

Sold locally to another enthusiast.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p27Zyd496XIrlFi7UMmcCy2KCJmqFMx1WaHL5Uq1yD4CaLoiKta81yXkKFzdJb6d