brandonsmash
brandonsmash New Reader
12/3/23 5:41 p.m.

Not sure if this is really the audience -- this is a truck, not a car, and it doesn't even have 3 pedals -- but maybe someone needs a work or tow vehicle?

The long and short of it is that I've owned this truck for 4 years. It's been excellent but I'm moving my work fleet to gas-only and I just don't drive this often enough to justify continued ownership.

The good: 

* 2011 Silverado 2500 4x4. Duramax 6.6L LML, Allison trans, factory tow package. Maintenance is up to date, though an oil change is soonish on the horizon. I've kept excellent records since I bought it.

* Only 112,798 miles. I've put about 20k of those on myself. 

* Tires are newish. Eagle wheels are in great shape. Truck runs great and pulls hard as you'd expect. No leaks or smoke. Batteries are less than a month old. 

* No CELs. 

* Power locks and windows, remote start. Everything works. Ceramic tint. 

* Very shortly after I bought the truck I had a lift pump installed and I run LX4 with fuel-ups. 

* The head unit has been replaced with a newer model with a backup camera and Bluetooth and Android Auto. You can have the original head unit if you want, I have it in a box in the workshop. 

* The truck is clean. It's not cosmetically perfect, but it's surprisingly good and it's clean. 

The bad:

* Restored title. The truck was hit in the bed in 2013, leading to the branded title. The bed was repaired and repainted but the paint is cracked on the bottom driver's side. No frame damage. 

* After about 50 miles of continuous driving the TPMS light comes on. The right rear sensor is goofy. Even though I replaced all 4 with OEM GM parts at the last tire change, that one is stubborn and acts stupid after driving for a while. It clears itself on next start-up.

The ugly: 

* Paint isn't perfect. 

* Driver's seat is torn on the exit-side bolster. It's patched with loop tape but. . . eh. 

* I need to get around to adding adhesive to the tailgate cap. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
12/4/23 9:09 a.m.

I need to stop looking at stuff like this!

brandonsmash
brandonsmash New Reader
12/7/23 2:41 p.m.

No, definitely look at this! 

Now that I have B13Birk's NB Miata sitting in the driveway and I need to figure out where I'm going to store the NC while I sell it, I'd like to get this moving! 

The title makes valuation more difficult, but I have this priced about 20-25% lower than similar trucks in my area and most of those have about 100k *more* miles than this does. 

I forgot to mention it in the ad, but I put Bilstein 5100s on it about 20k miles ago and that made a big (positive) difference in ride quality. 

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
1/4/24 5:34 p.m.

Still available! Who needs an excellent truck?

wampwamp
wampwamp New Reader
1/11/24 5:09 p.m.
brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
1/11/24 6:44 p.m.

I am super tempted, I won't lie. However, I have a bit of a surplus of stuff right now and started going down the rabbit hole of track Miatas because my existing Z06 was/is too costly on consumables for the track. 

Boy, that's tempting, though. If it even had a salvage (rather than destroyed) title I'd probably try to figure something out. 

I'm going to need to move this diesel and probably my NC Miata here in the next few months, though. I'm getting tired of paying rego and insurance on all of them.

wampwamp
wampwamp New Reader
1/11/24 6:57 p.m.

Neither vehicle has a clean title lol. This car absolutely runs and drives. I'd really prefer this to go to someone track oriented that will put it on the track. Let me know if you change your mind/direction. We can talk on the phone, vice the forum.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
1/11/24 7:07 p.m.

i get it, I just like to have the option of driving the car to/from the track! I'm running through this scenario with one of my Miatas right now: I could store the car in my enclosed trailer and tow it to the track, but my DD Jeep doesn't have enough tow capacity to pull that rig so then I'd have to go get one of my work trucks to pull it and then it just becomes an annoying Thing. 

Your C6 does look like a ton of fun, though. I could even see that being a great candidate for a UTCC entry, but that's outside my budget. 

wampwamp
wampwamp New Reader
1/11/24 9:14 p.m.

I've heard that a couple times about driving to the track lol. Either way, good luck with your ventures!

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
1/12/24 10:56 a.m.

Me: This is kind of exactly the truck I want. 

Reality: It's in Arizona, and out of your price range, which is ZERO right now.

Me: Oh, yeah.

Good luck with the sale!

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
2/5/24 8:59 p.m.

I have a trade offer for a '78 Corvette with a new mill. Automatic trans, though.

Anyone here interested before I end up with another Corvette? 

wampwamp
wampwamp New Reader
2/7/24 10:04 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m7xBWMgiiY2vhzzpmwIrA2UJmB9nYBZjwI4sOWFfRmr9CIZ74VWXoxE2x8u3p8sq