Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
3/25/18 6:21 p.m.

Alright gang, figured it can't hurt to give this a shot.  As I've posted in a few threads, I'm on the hunt for a new DD.  The search is narrowing down and my wife and I are potentially close to buying something.  Instead of trading in, want to take a quick shot at selling my daily driver privately.  Posting a link to the CL ad below, with plenty of pictures.  This really is a good car, I'd have no hesitation driving it anywhere.  Cliff notes version of the CL ad:

Elantra GS coupe w/6spd manual

102k miles...going up by about 500/week

Everything works fine, no issues...a/c, heated seats, Bluetooth, satellite radio, etc...

Body and interior in great condition

I have a loan on the car.  I'm flexible and easy to work with, not going to rip anyone off.  We'll figure out details on this part if you want the car.

Price on CL is $6k, which is cheaper than any Elantra coupe currently listed on Autotrader, regardless of mileage or condition.  I'll knock the price even a bit lower for a GRMer.  Here's the ad....

'13 Elantra coupe...you know you want it

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
3/26/18 9:33 a.m.

I would consider this if you were closer. Tired of DDing cars that need work all the time. Have to put this on the list of cars to look into.

Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
3/26/18 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Klayfish :

I think it’s a really nice car for a really good price. I wonder how good it would be as a dd/autocross car? 

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
3/26/18 2:08 p.m.

It's a fantastic dd.  I've grown quite fond of it and have debated if I even want to get rid of it.  But my wife and I are going to share a nice car, so its got to go.  For a compact, it's quiet, comfy, roomy as heck, super fuel efficient.  I love how the interior is laid out, simple and functional.   Great place to spend long commutes in.

As an autox car, not so sure.  I've never used it for that, but I'd think if you wanted to be competitive it would need some upgrading.  For street use, it handles just fine.  But Hyundai/Kia don't have the best chassis dynamics on the planet.  It'll will wiggle the tail if it hits a bump mid-corner...it's not just my car, it's an Elantra thing.  It has some body lean.  There's a road that I travel 5-10x per week between my house and my kids school that's a true twisty country back road.  I've hustled the Elantra down it many, many times.  I can certainly get enjoyment out of it, but it's not a sports coupe in stock form.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
3/26/18 2:20 p.m.

That's really nice.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Dork
3/26/18 4:52 p.m.

How are the clutch and tires? I'm looking for something for my kid, and this looks pretty good.

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
3/26/18 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Xradchadx :

I could give you some pointers. BTW, which engine is this?

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
3/26/18 5:35 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

How are the clutch and tires? I'm looking for something for my kid, and this looks pretty good.

Clutch feels great.  Pretty sure it's original, but it feels very solid.  No slipping, engages nice and low.  I can try to measure tread depth later, but tires are pretty good.  I replaced them something like a year ago, so they may have 20k miles on them...don't need replacing anytime soon.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Dork
3/26/18 5:48 p.m.

Ok thanks. I may reach out via email. GLWS.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
33IytnRG6bQQvhv3gG387VjYcHQMB8wpOQoYC8OfskU0zsW8ag6DrLaRcNVAPDLh