TheDailyDownshift
TheDailyDownshift New Reader
7/19/24 12:41 a.m.

SOLD!

Located in Richmond, VA

Contact: email me at RVAJordan with the google mail suffix if interested

We are selling our Fit that we bought brand new off the lot back in 2015. It’s given us 9 years of trouble-free service but our family is about to out-grow it as a daily family hauler.

This is an EX model so it has fog lights and a tilt/retracting sunroof. This is a six speed manual transmission, not an automatic/CVT. The clutch is original but feels basically the same as it did on day one with no slipping, chattering, or any other signs of wear. Everything on the car works perfectly with no leaks, trouble lights on the dash, etc. AC blows cold, heat blows hot. 

“Modifications” on the car include VA-legal window tint (quality, UV-blocking tint), WellVisors window vent visors, interior lighting converted to LED, Hawk HPS brake pads, a J&L oil catch can, and the stock torque mount had the voids filled with polyurethane to stiffen it up a little. 

The only negatives about this car is a slight wrinkle in the right front door panel from a light nudge in a driveway, and the lower plastic splash shield under the engine departed the vehicle during a snowstorm a few years back. Other than that it’s an absolute peach. 

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
7/19/24 5:13 p.m.

Has it had the fuel injectors

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
7/19/24 5:15 p.m.

Changed? The 2015 had injector problems.

TheDailyDownshift
7/22/24 1:41 p.m.

Injectors are original but have never had any issues with it. No trouble codes or rough running/stalling, nothing like that. 

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/22/24 7:56 p.m.

Checking with a friend not on here to see if it 'fits' his needs.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/23/24 9:58 a.m.

I can vouch for the '15 Fit, I have one as my daily.

97,000+ trouble-free miles (and that's including a rock I drove over that tore a hole in the gas tank. I somehow managed to drive the car home).

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
7/23/24 10:14 a.m.

Mine had injectors go. Honda has a 10 year 150k extended warranty on them. 170k I missed the "recall" .......2000$ later car was great again. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/23/24 10:27 a.m.

$2000?! Did you take it to the dealer for that fix? Injectors are less than $50/ea and there's only four of them. Based on my dealer comparison for Fit repairs maybe that would be a 2-hour job and that's just what they charge.

TheDailyDownshift
7/23/24 4:55 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

This generation is direct injected, not port injected. The high pressure injectors are $875 for the set from Hondapartsnow.com. I can absolutely see how parts/labor through a dealership could cost $2k for the job.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
7/24/24 7:44 a.m.

1264.59$ list price on the injectors.  The fuel supply line needed to be replaced too.  Carbon cleaned the intake, replaced the start button receiver, and an oil change. Dealer warrantied and sent my daughter off in it. 

TheDailyDownshift
7/24/24 2:48 p.m.

Sale pending

TheDailyDownshift
7/26/24 2:39 p.m.

SOLD

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/28/24 7:12 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :