1 2
mkiisupra
mkiisupra New Reader
7/7/16 9:55 a.m.

SOLD!!!!

I've owned this beast for about a year and a half. I was going to prep it for Targa Baja California, but that plan was moved to just making it a decent project daily driver. The car is posted on eBay right now as well, but I thought that someone might want a Concours d' Lemons car. Below is a cut and paste of description. I will answer any questions asap.

1974 Jaguar XJ6L 350 Chevy Conversion

Runs, Drives, Stops Well All parts listed as 'new' are replaced within last year with less than 500 miles on them as I occasionally drove and worked on car.

Automatic Transmission 1975 Chevy Truck 350 HEI Distributor - New 2015 New Plugs and Wires - August 2015 New Brake Master Resevoir - July 2015

Great new stereo/speakers 2014 & May 16 Custom subwoofer & enclosure available

New front Bilstein shocks - Feb 16 New front sway bar bushings - Feb 16

New door custom door panels - May16 New headliner - May16 New Cooper Cobra Tires - June 15

Great Driving Project!

Eventually needs rear shocks, attention to paint (still is 15 footer, but the clearcoat is chipped off on trunk), one gas tank is hooked up, both are open/unlocked, needs new window seals, one door seal, and the heater is not hooked up at this time. Needs tach and speedo hooked up, along with gas gauge, There are a set of auxiliary gauges (old school sunpro type triple gauge) which help with temp, oil pressure and voltage when driving. A fussy owner could find other little things to fix/work with which makes it a perfect local-driver project.

Roof rack and bike racks will go with car. I have one key for the roof rack and two ignition keys for car.

The rear twin subwoofers, amp, and enclosure will go with the car and it is 80% wired for sub and would be the perfect addition if you want more audio flexibility.

Headlamps, brake lamps, sidemarker, and running lamps all work. Horn, wipers, and turn signals need to be wired into the system.

Some minor rust near rear gas filler (see picture for trunk and this area) and a couple of heavy chips on roof near drivers door and passengers side mirror. Appears to have been hit in the drivers rear many years ago and fairly repaired. I just changed both rear tail light lenses with original lenses that are in excellent condition The hood is also a bit tricky to open, but easy to figure out. Floors are solid with only minor surface rust from water on floor when windows were down, which was cleaned up and dried out completely.

Remember, this is a 40-something year old car, and it has the engine swapped. This is a driver condition car, not a Pebble Beach Concours competitor. The car gets much attention and inquiries every where I take it. I have the title free and clear, this car requires NO SMOG in CA due to year of manufacture. Although the car has some age, the hard work is done to make it a daily driver, much of the old-ugly has been wiped away, and is ready for the next stage of fixing or just driving and maintaining.

Eric G

Robbie
Robbie UltraDork
7/7/16 1:14 p.m.

Totally sweet!!!

I assume it is in modesto CA based on your profile? Link to the ebay?

Ebay Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-XJ6-/191916070524?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2caf16d67c:g:Kd0AAOSwEjFXfXwL&item=191916070524

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/7/16 1:40 p.m.

I like that car!

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
7/7/16 2:31 p.m.

Too far away

mkiisupra
mkiisupra New Reader
7/7/16 3:10 p.m.
Robbie wrote: Totally sweet!!! I assume it is in modesto CA based on your profile? Link to the ebay? Ebay Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-XJ6-/191916070524?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2caf16d67c:g:Kd0AAOSwEjFXfXwL&item=191916070524

Yes, sorry for the oversight. That is the eBay linky. The car is located in Modesto, CA and I can help with making sure the car gets on a transporter for distant buyer, but buyer is responsible for transport costs and arrangment.

Storz
Storz SuperDork
7/11/16 10:59 a.m.

So much want

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
7/11/16 11:55 a.m.

Wow, if this was a coupe I would be flying to CA right now. So much want.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
7/13/16 9:43 p.m.

I won the auction, yay! But it didn't meet reserve, Booo!

mkiisupra
mkiisupra New Reader
8/20/16 4:44 p.m.

Price REDUCED to $3000 for GRM'rs! Listed again on eBay, no reserve. Also still listed locally for sale! GRM provenance included ;)

Eric G

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
8/20/16 5:25 p.m.

So much cooler than I expected before clicking the link. Hope this one goes to a good home!

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
8/20/16 7:27 p.m.

Yeah, for the asking price I would love to take it home but I am currently a one income family so no dice. Someone get this so I can live through you!

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
8/21/16 6:50 a.m.

If this was challenge $$$, I would fly and drive in a second... and take it right to the challenge.

yupididit
yupididit HalfDork
8/21/16 1:01 p.m.

I would love a sbc swapped Jag.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
8/21/16 1:08 p.m.

Am I the only one here who hates it when someone shoves a sbc in a car, especially when the original engine, like this jag, is sooo much sweeter.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/21/16 1:56 p.m.

In reply to markwemple:

Maybe. I've always enjoyed the idea of an sbc swapped jag.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
8/21/16 3:40 p.m.

In reply to markwemple:

Personally, I like the concept of a cheap old Jaguar that will actually run correctly on a routine basis.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
8/21/16 7:55 p.m.

A properly maintained Jag can be very reliable. Plus it has an engine that's won LeMans and makes a wonderful sound. Not one that was archaic in the 50s and sounds liksh1t.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
8/22/16 9:48 a.m.

Yep, markwemple is the only one that hates it. This is how a Jag should be.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/22/16 10:40 a.m.
markwemple wrote: A properly maintained Jag can be very reliable. Plus it has an engine that's won LeMans and makes a wonderful sound. Not one that was archaic in the 50s and sounds liksh1t.

The operative words are "properly maintained". This one may well have not been. Years ago, you could pick up old Jags for next to nothing because nobody could work on them.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
8/22/16 11:36 a.m.

I'll add my .02¢ on the SBC swapped Jags.

To me it depends a lot on the car and it's situation.

If I got a 6 cyl car that was nice aside from a dead engine, I'd have no problem with the Chevy swap. (Like the car this thread is about).

There ain't no way I ever enndorce a Chevy swap into a V12 car though. The V12 is the biggest reason to even have an older Jag IMO. I'd rather let it die that cut it's balls off, I suspect the car would agree.

Robbie
Robbie UltraDork
8/23/16 10:48 a.m.

Ebay Link

Can you get those bumper overriders off? probably 100 lbs right there.

golfduke
golfduke Reader
8/23/16 11:13 a.m.

Man, thank goodness this thing is geographically as far away as possible for me. This is one manual trans away from being a wet dream summer DD.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/24/16 2:39 p.m.

Trying to find a reason to buy this, don't need another car, CA is far away; but DAYUMMMM is it nice looking.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/25/16 7:42 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Trying to find a reason to buy this, don't need another car, CA is far away; but DAYUMMMM is it nice looking.

Aren't you retired? Do a long slow fly and drive. What could go wrong???

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/25/16 12:08 p.m.

What the heck would I do with it?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YcSJb41uVzzXzoJL1ZwZ2zR2mvnmcmDjhCOr3sHdvfb5Bn1QvokrnnYJuc6BS51q